Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How to see only posts made since I last viewed site?

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:26:47 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
So I have found the "latest topics" and "latest posts" features. These are good features on their own. They show you all topics and posts made in reverse order. Great.

What I am looking for is a way to see only the posts made since I last viewed the site. This is driving me crazy! On some of the other forums I frequent, my main method of browsing is to click on a "new posts" button, which shows me all of the posts made since I last visited. I have yet to figure out how to do that here.

What I end up doing is using a combination of the latest topics and posts features to browse recent posts. This sort of works, but it shows me everything, so I end up browsing stuff I have already read. Every day is "have I read this one yet?"

Actually, the worst part about using the the "latest topic" is that there is no way to jump right to the first unread reply in thread. My choices are to either view the first post in the thread, or the last (or whatever specific post I happened to click on in the "latest posts" section).

Is there an existing feature that will allow me to see only posts made since I last logged in, and maybe allow me to jump right to the first new reply in the thread? If not, how hard would it be to add?

-------------------------
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Edited: 02/03/2011 at 02:31 PM by Zing

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:34:37 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
If you open latest posts when you arrive to NA, then open all the threads you want to read, then mark all read, next time you visit and open latest posts, it will only show you the posts that are new since your last visit.

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:06:53 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
I noticed that when viewing a thread, it doesn't get marked as read. At least not immediately. I assume that is what the little yellow star thing means.

-------------------------
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...