Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Current homebrew/reproduction companies and websites Latest addition 5/15/2014

LOCKED TOPIC

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:47:24 PM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: gwyndion

Just wanted to warn everyone about doublebarrel games. He is doing pre-orders for his Super Back To The Future 2 which he doesn't have any of the boxes or manuals yet. I also placed an order with him weeks ago for over $300 and he has yet to respond to any pm's I've sent him in the last few weeks. I just want everyone to be very cautious buying from him until we get this cleared up. So that's Holy Sorceror here on NA or Double Barrel Games. I will keep you all up to date with what I find out.

On a side note, I will be doing a comparison thread between the different box makers so you can all see what to expect from each. These box makers are Timewalkgames, Uncle Tusk & Nes-City. They all do excellent work and you can't go wrong with any of them but there are subtle differences between them and the original factory made boxes from Nintendo which I will show photos and explanations of on each.

Gwyndion,

Concerning the review, It'd be nice if you'd use the latest batch of games your about to get for our review. We just made a change to our manuals a few days ago that greatly increases their quality, and we're implementing it across all of our titles.

-------------------------
Get ready for Pascali :)

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:10:56 PM
the_hudge27 (52)
(Shawn M) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
That's really too bad to hear about Holy Sorceror. The Somari I got from him was great and I was getting ready for another order. Hopefully it all turns out ok.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:41:41 AM
au_klasza (0)

(Mitchell Montgomery) < Cherub >
Australia
does any1 do PAL snes reproductions?

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:05:42 AM
Piko (51)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire
Looking for a NES reproductions maker to partner up for my website, I need best quality!

this is how is going to happen, I will PURCHASE one of the products you have, I will review it, inside and out.

If i like your quality, I will all your products in my site for the NES in a way that whenever an item is sold, the payment and notification email, shipping all the stuff, will go directly to you. I will be making the SNES games for my site.

If I get any NES request, it will be redirected to you.

With about 2 weeks of SEO work I got my site to have 150-200 regular daily views and I get a lot of emails weekly. All this traffic comes from search engines.

I will probably start doing more SEO work, so the traffic will rise.

also I am looking for contributors for the Site blog! I need at least 1 blog posted a week.

Please PM for details or request!

Thank you!

Eli

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:07:36 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Originally posted by: pichichi010

Looking for a NES reproductions maker to partner up for my website, I need best quality!

this is how is going to happen, I will PURCHASE one of the products you have, I will review it, inside and out.

If i like your quality, I will all your products in my site for the NES in a way that whenever an item is sold, the payment and notification email, shipping all the stuff, will go directly to you. I will be making the SNES games for my site.

With about 2 weeks of SEO work I got my site to have 150-200 regular daily views and I get a lot of emails weekly. All this traffic comes from search engines.

also I am looking for contributors for the Site blog! I need at least 1 blog posted a week.

Thank you!

Eli
Please refrain from using this thread as a "help wanted" section for repro makers.  If you are looking for repro makers then please set up a new post in the Help Wanted section of the forums.

Congrats on the new website and I wish you the best in the SNES repro arena.  I know you have a bunch of cool stuff you are working on and I'm very excited to get some of your games :-)

On a side note, I submitted a claim request with my credit card against Holy Sorceror.  I recommend all of you do the same.  Most credit card companies have a 45-60 day window of when you can request a refund for failure to pay.

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:21:20 AM
Piko (51)
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire

Originally posted by: pichichi010

Thank you!

Eli
Please refrain from using this thread as a "help wanted" section for repro makers.  If you are looking for repro makers then please set up a new post in the Help Wanted section of the forums.

Congrats on the new website and I wish you the best in the SNES repro arena.  I know you have a bunch of cool stuff you are working on and I'm very excited to get some of your games :-)

On a side note, I submitted a claim request with my credit card against Holy Sorceror.  I recommend all of you do the same.  Most credit card companies have a 45-60 day window of when you can request a refund for failure to pay.

Sorry Will do!

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:00:55 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Excellent list! Once our new game comes in next week, I will let you know so we could be added to this dope compilation you made.

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:09:28 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Edited: 08/18/2012 at 04:50 PM by BouncekDeLemos

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:11:13 PM
JJAAMMEESSNNEESS (332)
(James S) < Bowser >
California
i make boxes , maps , booklets , labels and more

See how I made my way into the HOS!

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:55:33 AM
gwyndion (322)
California
Originally posted by: JJAAMMEESSNNEESS

JJAAMMEESSNNEESS is added to the list of repro makers.  His specialty is doing custom work making all the items mentioned above.  So now we have another resource other than UncleTusk and Nes-City.com

James is also a really cool guy and was nominated as member of the month.  He will bend over backwords to help you at and has helped me out in the past as well as a bunch of other members.

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:56:41 PM
MyNameIsEarl (76)
(Earl ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Did anyone ever get their games or refund from Holy Sorceror?

Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, bad things happen.

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:19:43 PM
DoctorDan (58)
(The $80 Star Ocean Guy! ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan

Originally posted by: JJAAMMEESSNNEESS

JJAAMMEESSNNEESS is added to the list of repro makers.  His specialty is doing custom work making all the items mentioned above.  So now we have another resource other than UncleTusk and Nes-City.com

James is also a really cool guy and was nominated as member of the month.  He will bend over backwords to help you at and has helped me out in the past as well as a bunch of other members.

I ordered Tales of Phantasia and Secret of Mana 2 from him about a month before I found this site.  I can attest that James does EXCELLENT work.  Not perfect, but of a quality I would deem to be just below true manufacturing quality.  His turnaround is about 2 weeks, and his prices are the most reasonable that I have encountered.  I wholeheartedly endorse him as an honorable, high-quality reproduction cart maker.

I beat cancer and ended up in the Hall of Shame!  Ask me how!

Edited: 08/26/2012 at 07:37 PM by DoctorDan

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:18:42 PM
ExtremeEagle (32)
(Derek Kern) < Crack Trooper >
Virginia
I need some recommendations if possible.

I'm looking for an english copy of Star Ocean NTSC for the SFC/SNES. Instead of ordering one straight up from one of the sites listed here, though, I have an Japanese copy of Star Ocean I would like to use as a donor for this. I've read that this should make the process much easier, and hopefully more affordable as well. Is there anyone that offers this particular service, or that has experience with this particular game that I could ask? Thanks!

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:38:14 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
I guess I can be on this list now. I made this one:

also I can do most of the common NES games.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Edited: 09/02/2012 at 01:38 PM by Lincoln

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:54:19 PM
MyNameIsEarl (76)
(Earl ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: Lincoln

I guess I can be on this list now. I made this one:

also I can do most of the common NES games.

That is awesome.

Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, bad things happen.

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:41:29 PM
DoctorDan (58)
Michigan
Originally posted by: ExtremeEagle

I'm looking for an english copy of Star Ocean NTSC for the SFC/SNES. Instead of ordering one straight up from one of the sites listed here, though, I have an Japanese copy of Star Ocean I would like to use as a donor for this. I've read that this should make the process much easier, and hopefully more affordable as well. Is there anyone that offers this particular service, or that has experience with this particular game that I could ask? Thanks!

My wife is a huge fan of Star Ocean, and we had a Super Famicom cart version of it laying around, but playing with a translation document in hand is...not fun.

What I did for her birthday this year was to order RetroUSB's all-new parts repro of SO, cracked open both carts, and swapped the PCBs.  There was some minor cart mods required (snipping the central cart brace/pylon and filing down the PCB locking edging through the use of nail clippers and one of Sam's emory boards), and I presented it to her.  The look on her face was priceless.

I realise that this is a bit of a pricey option for most people, but it has the advantage of NOT destroying a valuable SO PCB, as well as supporting BunnyBoy's company.

Edited: 09/02/2012 at 08:42 PM by DoctorDan

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:21:17 AM
ExtremeEagle (32)
Virginia
Originally posted by: DoctorDan

My wife is a huge fan of Star Ocean, and we had a Super Famicom cart version of it laying around, but playing with a translation document in hand is...not fun.

What I did for her birthday this year was to order RetroUSB's all-new parts repro of SO, cracked open both carts, and swapped the PCBs.  There was some minor cart mods required (snipping the central cart brace/pylon and filing down the PCB locking edging through the use of nail clippers and one of Sam's emory boards), and I presented it to her.  The look on her face was priceless.

I realise that this is a bit of a pricey option for most people, but it has the advantage of NOT destroying a valuable SO PCB, as well as supporting BunnyBoy's company.
If I don't have any luck with this option I will probably save up money to pick up one of the 100% repro carts. 

I could be completely wrong here since I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but I've heard that it's possible to get SO translated into English by replacing only one of the two chips on the board. If so I'm thinking it could be desoldered instead of clipped, allowing it to be switched back in the future instead of destroyed?

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:39:12 AM
DoctorDan (58)
Michigan

If I don't have any luck with this option I will probably save up money to pick up one of the 100% repro carts. 

I could be completely wrong here since I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but I've heard that it's possible to get SO translated into English by replacing only one of the two chips on the board. If so I'm thinking it could be desoldered instead of clipped, allowing it to be switched back in the future instead of destroyed?

You misunderstand.  I didn't destroy anything.  I modified the SFC CART SHELL, not the PCB itself, to allow RetroUSB's custom PCB to fit in a SFC cart.  The original, Japanese PCB is untouched, as is the Repro PCB.

As an aside, while I appreciate the effort that went into making the RetroUSB repro, I really, really, REALLY hate that stupid blue cart shell, as well as the weird label.  I understand the point of making it dissimilar to the original product, but...it's just damned ugly.

Edited: 09/03/2012 at 10:41 AM by DoctorDan

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:41:18 AM
ExtremeEagle (32)
Virginia
Originally posted by: DoctorDan

You misunderstand.  I didn't destroy anything.  I modified the SFC CART SHELL, not the PCB itself, to allow RetroUSB's custom PCB to fit in a SFC cart.  The original, Japanese PCB is untouched, as is the Repro PCB.

As an aside, while I appreciate the effort that went into making the RetroUSB repro, I really, really, REALLY hate that stupid blue cart shell, as well as the weird label.  I understand the point of making it dissimilar to the original product, but...it's just damned ugly.
Ah, I didn't misundertand there. I was stating that I believe it is possible to get an SFC copy of Star Ocean translated without destroying any part of it as well since you mentioned that as an advantage of your method.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:22:34 PM
ElliotNES (1)
(Stacked Up!!!) < Little Mac >
Illinois
You guys are awesome

For every mystery, there is someone, somewhere, who knows the truth. Perhaps that someone is watching.

Perhaps... it's you.

Edited: 02/03/2015 at 06:44 AM by ElliotNES

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:00:00 PM
gwyndion (322)
California
Originally posted by: iatoldya

@Wyndion

Please check your private inbox I just sent you a message!
Please do not post in this thread to let me know you sent me a PM.  If you send me a PM I get emailed and notified immediately so this is overly redundant and unnecessary.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:07:55 PM
gwyndion (322)
California
Just updated the thread with Millerjm2. He does amazing CIB reproductions and it's some of the best work I have ever seen.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:31:35 PM
DreamStar (17)
(Bryan Sensei) < King Solomon >
United States
OCD reproduction's is awesome,I order Zelda Parallel Worlds ,and Castlevania Legendary Hero from Kody .He said I should have my games in 2weeks I was holding my games in hands in 4days ,Kody does awesome work the games look great.Kody is awesome!

Do unto other's as you have them do unto you: Matthew 7:12

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:52:31 AM
Bluedogrulez (21)
(andy ) < Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
Hey, just some glowing feedback for Game Reproductions (necrosaro420 here on NA). He just completed my second order this year, Recca Summer Carnival '92, and it is just as professional and great to play as my first purchase, Tecmo Super Bowl 2011-12. Both orders arrived within 30 days, hope to order more soon.

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:22:13 PM
mikesclassics (0)

(Michael Birt) < Cherub >
California
I am interested in buying Repros for NES and SNES. I already purchased from two people for about 15 NES Games and 35 SNES Games, but I am looking for several more that neither of these sellers made. If anyone out there makes these games below high quality and can offer me a bulk discount I would love to buy from you. please contact me back I am serious buyer who is a video game collector who also has a video game website. I am looking to get about 40 more NES and SNES Repros! You can email me at xxxxxxx@hotmail.com or XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@hotmail.com . List of games I want are below and I am interested in buying all games at once:

NES Games:
Banana Prince
Bashi Bazook
Battle Kid Fortress of Peril
B-Wings
Castle Excellent
Chaos World
Cloud Master
Cosmo Police Galivan
Dragon Scroll
Dreamworld Pogie
Fantasy Zone 2
Final Fantasy III
Fuzzical Fighter
Getsu Fuuma Den
Hammering Harry
Holy Diver
I'm Kid Dracula
Kid Nikki
Mario Adventure
Metal Force
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Miracle of Almana
Mr Gimmick
Nomolos Storming Catsle
Pizza Pop
Robocco Wars
Splatterhouse
Time Diver Eon Man
Titan Warrior
Uforia
Zombie Hunter

SNES:
Starfox 2
Star Ocean
Tales of Phantasia
Zelda BS
and 5 others I can't think of off the top of my head

MOD EDIT: No personal info in the open threads please. Exchange that kind of info in Private Messages.

Edited: 12/02/2012 at 07:06 PM by NintendoAge Moderator