NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Link's Awakening Predictions

Sep 11 at 8:52:46 AM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: CMR

The switch does have a feature to take snapshots. Maybe they'll use that in place of the printer some way.
Maybe they’ll release a USB-C adaptor that connects to the gameboy printer and only works with this one game  

Then you can add that to your stack of useless Nintendo accessories

Sep 11 at 1:03:35 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
I'm picking this up immediately. It's my favorite Zelda game and I'd rather pay $60 now than wait for 6 years to save $15-$20.

Comparing this to BotW isn't terribly relevant and honestly, BotW isn't really that long of a game if you don't bother with all of the shrines/collectibles. There's only 4 "dungeons" and the final stretch.

I see more value in this for $60 than all of the straight Wii U ports they've released for $40-$60.

-------------------------

Sep 13 at 6:52:10 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
When you walk up to a pot or door, an on screen bubble pops up that says 'A lift/open'....etc.....modern gaming is just so sad. I definitely think I'd rather stick to the 8 bit version

Sep 13 at 7:37:24 AM
phart010 (8)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Trj22487

When you walk up to a pot or door, an on screen bubble pops up that says 'A lift/open'....etc.....modern gaming is just so sad. I definitely think I'd rather stick to the 8 bit version

On the original GameBoy release, When you would walk up to a pot before having the power bracelet, a text box would appear explaining that is too heavy for you to pick up. It would happen every single time you touched a pot and was very annoying

Sep 13 at 8:58:33 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Going to pick this up and luigis mansion 3. Pretty much it for me nintendo wise this year.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Sep 13 at 9:41:00 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: phart010

Originally posted by: Trj22487

On the original GameBoy release, When you would walk up to a pot before having the power bracelet, a text box would appear explaining that is too heavy for you to pick up. It would happen every single time you touched a pot and was very annoying

I so hated that, it put me off the game after playing it a bit as it would never stop and it would have to write it out each time so it wasn't like just a 1sec popup.  I don't like what he said either, but at least it doesn't lock you in place and treat you like an idiot.

Sep 13 at 9:50:44 PM
phart010 (8)
North Carolina
I predict that Links Awakening will retail for $50 instead of the advertised $60.... but only in-store at Walmart  

Edited: 09/13/2019 at 09:53 PM by phart010

Sep 15 at 7:35:39 PM
phart010 (8)
North Carolina
Another prediction.. Dreamers edition will be highly available in stores a week or two after release

Sep 16 at 6:21:11 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida

Another prediction.. Dreamers edition will be highly available in stores a week or two after release
Possibly, although that was not the case with Breath nor the recent Fire Emblem game. You never know with Nintendo, but they do seem to undersell their special editions. 

Sep 16 at 7:47:16 PM
phart010 (8)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: avatar!

Possibly, although that was not the case with Breath nor the recent Fire Emblem game. You never know with Nintendo, but they do seem to undersell their special editions. 

Maybe so.. my comment was just based on the observation that the packaging for the Links Awakening Dreamers edition looks very similar in form factor to the Breath of the Wild Explorer Edition and the Mario Odyssey Starter Pack. Both of these are pretty readily available and at the same price as the standard game..

I know now with some other special edition games, the box has typically been larger and the price gap versus the standard edition has been larger. 

Maybe be at some point they’ll lower the price of the Dreamer edition to $60 and either get rid of the standard edition or discount it to $50

Sep 16 at 8:48:21 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland

Not a chance. It's been sold out since day 1 and is just now back up for sale on GameStops site. This is one of those Zelda games that will undersell since it's not a new entry, and it's an entry a lot of people never played on Gameboy.

Here's the link for those who missed out

https://www.gamestop.com/video-ga...

I'll add that I've never seen any special edition in stores weeks after release.

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 16 at 9:00:32 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^Damn out of stock  

Sep 16 at 9:14:38 PM
phart010 (8)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: yukfou

Not a chance. It's been sold out since day 1 and is just now back up for sale on GameStops site. This is one of those Zelda games that will undersell since it's not a new entry, and it's an entry a lot of people never played on Gameboy. Here's the link for those who missed out https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/t... I'll add that I've never seen any special edition in stores weeks after release.
Time will tell 😎

Sep 16 at 9:46:18 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland

Not a chance. It's been sold out since day 1 and is just now back up for sale on GameStops site. This is one of those Zelda games that will undersell since it's not a new entry, and it's an entry a lot of people never played on Gameboy. Here's the link for those who missed out https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/t... I'll add that I've never seen any special edition in stores weeks after release.
Time will tell 😎

Lol indeed. If you're correct, I will call you Nostraphartus

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 17 at 11:47:17 AM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona

We should probably call him that anyway

Sep 18 at 2:06:47 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Friday can't come quick enough, I am really looking forward to this one.

Sep 18 at 2:17:53 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania

Time will tell 😎

It will be renamed the starter edition just SMO, Splat2oon and BotW

Sep 18 at 11:25:23 PM
NES Connoisseur (0)
(Nintendo Enthusiast ) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
I am getting it on Friday ..

Sep 19 at 10:33:58 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
My Target pre-order got pushed back to being delivered 10/3....This is for the Dreamer edition. Since its just a remake I'm not super giddy to play it so this is fine with me.

Sep 19 at 10:35:04 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I've determined to get it eventually. Hard pass tomorrow though. I'll probably wait a bit, maybe after Christmas, and just get a good used copy.  I'm still in the middle of Trials of Mana anyway.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Edited: 09/19/2019 at 10:35 AM by rlh

Sep 19 at 6:25:48 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
https://kotaku.com/the-legend-of-...

The controls and inventory are updated. You don’t have to switch stuff around so much or equip the power bracelet.

“The other big difference is the addition of a side feature—Chamber Dungeons—which is boring and tedious. It’s an optional mode in which you can take rooms from dungeons you’ve already beaten and rearrange them using layouts provided by Dampé.”

Originally posted by: Silent Hill

I see more value in this for $60 than all of the straight Wii U ports they've released for $40-$60.
I didn’t buy those either!  

Sep 20 at 11:15:46 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Got my GS tradein gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Hope they have the Amiibo in stock after work *fingers crossed*. Now if I can get my 2yo to sleep by 6pm haha jk.

Sep 20 at 2:00:17 PM
phart010 (8)
North Carolina
This game is not worth it, but I bought it anyways. Nintendo, you owe me for this one 😡

Sep 20 at 2:15:10 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina

This game is not worth it, but I bought it anyways. Nintendo, you owe me for this one 😡

Sorry mate, but I hope EVERYONE says this can I can pick up a copy for $20 before Christmas, lol.  But, seriously, at what price point would you value this new?

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Sep 20 at 2:30:14 PM
phart010 (8)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: rlh

Sorry mate, but I hope EVERYONE says this can I can pick up a copy for $20 before Christmas, lol.  But, seriously, at what price point would you value this new?
I’d say $40-50 new if it’s a 1:1 remake of the gameboy game. If they added a lot of extra content that extends the core gameplay beyond, say, 8-10 hours then I’d feel that $60 is appropriate