Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda Parallel Worlds CIB Auction - Timewalk Games Available for immediate shipment. Game is allready made. Auction Ends Monday October 10th 2011 12:00 P.M. NA time

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:27:59 PM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: Luigi_Master

Originally posted by: nesrepro

Originally posted by: Luigi_Master

The holo boxes have a huge weakness to moisture, as rubbing them when wet will eliminate the ink. The labels seem to be trimmed holo boxes, and due to their thickness, look odd on a cart. Not complaints, just pointing that out for y'all.

My older holo releases had this problem. My newer releases I have addressed it. The foils on the carts have been improved and now have a laminate seal to protect them. Also, I have never noticed the thickness of the labels to be an issue.

Most of the boxes I do now are non foil. SInce this was the prototype for this project however I couldn't resist. This particular box IS sensitive to moisture. However if I decide to release it as foil, those will not be. I go back and fourth with wanting to offer foil or not for the boxes. I personally like the effect, though the material is difficult to work with.

I will more than likely offer an option for foil/non-foil in the final release

Regards

-Spencer

You fixed them?  That sounds epic!  And well, the thickness does show itself when it curves over to the top of the cart, but I can't complain, you say it's difficult to work with.  Good to know you've fixed the foil boxes!

Yes, but I have to make sure it's cost effective to make them. That's why I've scaled back most of my games to non-foil releases. I have to seal the foil to make it work, which is hard to do because the foil is sensitive as it is. I think I have a process developed though at this point to make it work consistently so I may be able to release this with an option for foil. I really want to. Honestly some games just look amazing in foil. The pictures don't really do justice.

-------------------------
Get ready for Pascali :)

Oct 9, 2011 at 11:26:06 PM
Luigi_Master (29)
(Kevin McConnell) < Kraid Killer >
United States
I know what you're talking about. Journey to Silus, Burai Fighter, and the "Black Box" games would epic in foil. Still, I wish you luck with the process!

I got some goodies on eBay.  Wanna see more, read the news, etc?  Check below:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 9, 2011 at 11:26:29 PM
Wyndcrosser (7)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(M L) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Brunswick
Looks great, but If I hold off on $35 and $60 bucks, $70 is too much for me. Good luck as always. I like the boxes, A++. I say that a box like that shouldn't be near moisture lol. That guy needs a plastic box

Wynd

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:23:20 AM
Luigi_Master (29)
(Kevin McConnell) < Kraid Killer >
United States
I was thinking maybe to sit inside a plastic sleeve, since they will be handled eventually.

I got some goodies on eBay.  Wanna see more, read the news, etc?  Check below:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:59:44 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
meant for PM

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311