Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

When the USPS loses a tracked first class package, the seller is responsible for refunding the buyer. (I only just learned this!)

Jul 29 at 3:39:01 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

It's really easy now.  Online form, if it's damage you just snap a few pics, provide an ebay screenshot as "proof of value" and you get a check in like a week.

It used to be a royal pain in the ass and they would never reimburse, as they didn't used to accept ebay (even completed auctions) as "proof of value".

What if you make a sale through paypal but outside of eBay?  Would showing them the payment amount count as proof of value?

Yep.  I actually pull up the highest priced current item I can find as comparison to proof of value, and I've never had an issue.   (Although all of my claims have been under $50, so maybe they just rubber stamp those)

Jul 29 at 4:19:17 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Sure, I'll deliver this package, but if I lose it, it's not my fault! For an extra 2 bucks I'll take responsibility for doing the thing you already paid me to do.

Jul 29 at 6:16:46 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Exactly! Nailed it!

Jul 29 at 9:36:21 PM
r.cade (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Usually Priority is only a very small amount more than First Class, and I think it comes with $50 insurance, and you can buy more for something like $1.50 per $100. If it's an expensive item, you may just want to do it. Of course it's a waste of money most of the time, but that one time it will be worth it (and you will have forgotten).

Aug 10 at 10:34:50 PM
theclaw (78)
(Lum Fan) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
Originally posted by: Splain

Sure, I'll deliver this package, but if I lose it, it's not my fault! For an extra 2 bucks I'll take responsibility for doing the thing you already paid me to do.

The entire system is broken. Sellers have nothing to do with how the package is handled in actuality.

-------------------------
This is a signature-tcha!

Aug 17 at 3:16:13 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Yep, had one happen to me. Luckily had an extra game so I just sent the buyer another one and it solved that issue. It is a shame that USPS seems to get away with everything. Just one of those uneasy dealings with selling online.

-------------------------
Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread