Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Issue with new topic posting from Iphone and another question as well about the mobile version of the site

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:11:38 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I have a Iphone 6s with whatever the newest software is and when I make a new topic in the new version of the site in safari, everything works great until I hit  "post".  It takes me to a new screen that just says "posting in category: everything else" at the top.  There is nothing else on the page, and if I hit the back button (on safari) it will post the new topic a second time .  If I hit refresh, nothing happens. The only way to get back to the site is either close it and open a new one or just go back to it via the address bar. I can't imagine this is normal, and it has happened to me since the site got changed. It happens on my PC as well, but there is a little "x" I can close the pop up with and then I am just back in the subforum like normal.

The other question is about the mobile version of the site as well- when you are browsing a thread, is there a way to get back to the subforum from the thread without hitting back?  Its fine if its a one page thread, but once you read a thread for 2-3 pages having to hit back 3 times then refresh is a bit of a pain (first world problems I know )  I know Dain had said he was looking into it a while back, and maybe he added something taht I haven't spotted.

Edited: 02/12/2016 at 10:12 PM by MrWunderful

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:51:38 PM
GBC Collector (7)
(Alex Lacamu) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Problem one you use safari and not chrome... But seriously I encounter the same thing and thought that's how the site ran on mobile, never put much thought into it being out of the ordinary seeing as it's always happened for me

-------------------------
Check me out on Instagram @GBC_Collector

GBC Collector's FO/FT  GBC Collector's WTB

Want spine labels for OEM NES clamshell cases? Click Here!

Can NA beat every GB/GBC game? Come Join In!

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:54:48 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

I have a Iphone 6s with whatever the newest software is and when I make a new topic in the new version of the site in safari, everything works great until I hit  "post".  It takes me to a new screen that just says "posting in category: everything else" at the top.  There is nothing else on the page, and if I hit the back button (on safari) it will post the new topic a second time .  If I hit refresh, nothing happens. The only way to get back to the site is either close it and open a new one or just go back to it via the address bar. I can't imagine this is normal, and it has happened to me since the site got changed. It happens on my PC as well, but there is a little "x" I can close the pop up with and then I am just back in the subforum like normal.

The other question is about the mobile version of the site as well- when you are browsing a thread, is there a way to get back to the subforum from the thread without hitting back?  Its fine if its a one page thread, but once you read a thread for 2-3 pages having to hit back 3 times then refresh is a bit of a pain (first world problems I know )  I know Dain had said he was looking into it a while back, and maybe he added something taht I haven't spotted.

Long-press the on-screen back button and pick it from there.

I usually fumble through this place on iOS even though it's almost unusable.

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:55:23 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: GBC Collector

Problem one you use safari and not chrome... But seriously I encounter the same thing and thought that's how the site ran on mobile, never put much thought into it being out of the ordinary seeing as it's always happened for me

I recently tried to switch to Chrome on iOS specifically to see if it worked any better. It did not.