NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New beta site open ...post comments, bugs, etc, here

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:00:31 AM
Gentlegamer (15)
< El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

I am starting to grow fond of the beta site, I actually now prefer it over the old one.
Me too, everything seems to work well.

Is it possible to impliment user selectable alt skins? I'd personally like a "dark" version of the site.

-------------------------

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:33:05 PM
Quack (68)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
I noticed when doing a forum search, once on the first page of results, the more results button wasn't responding at all.

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:36:46 PM
POB1337 (30)
< El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Quack

I noticed when doing a forum search, once on the first page of results, the more results button wasn't responding at all.

Yeah I just experienced the same thing, I was about to post it. When you are browsing in the "Threads posted in" from a user the more results button is not working as well.

Jan 31, 2015 at 3:06:07 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I plan to get back to fixing up some of these beta issues in the coming week. I've been really hammered with work lately, even at home, so I'm going to make an effort to get a bit closer to the switch over soon.

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:56:23 PM
Johnny (155)
(Johnny Iucci) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Dain

I plan to get back to fixing up some of these beta issues in the coming week. I've been really hammered with work lately, even at home, so I'm going to make an effort to get a bit closer to the switch over soon.

Will the Beta have the SegaAge and PS Collecting link buttons on the left side or anywhere for that matter on the Beta?

~Listen to the Collector's Quest Podcast~
   https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
   https://soundcloud.com/collectors... 

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:11:25 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Johnny

Will the Beta have the SegaAge and PS Collecting link buttons on the left side or anywhere for that matter on the Beta?
Yep... I was just trying to find the perfect spot for them.

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:46:27 PM
moobox (5)
(Chris ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Nova Scotia
The graphics on the main page look very bugged. It's not intuitive to look at.

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:15:01 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
The user name area to the left seems overly large. User name and avatar seem to be much larger then old NA.

I also really miss the mostly blank space to the left where there were a few links / cornerstone. I don't like how everything starts at the edge of the browser window. The lack of that blank space also causes a lot of dead space on all of the other pages. I like how the old layout is much more tight and compact.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:26:38 PM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
One thing I've just stumbled upon is in the collections manager. I first tried to upload a pic for the collection picture I'd like, but it always comes out oriented in a landscape instead of the portrait it is.

Also too, if you have a picture up already and you go to your edit settings and remove the picture to upload a new one, once you click 'remove' the page reloads and all of a sudden the option to add a picture simply disappears, never to be seen again.

For sale thread located here: click
Wanted to buy: click

Top wants currently: 
Old NES / SNES era newsletters and mailings
Original GB Chinese games (CHN coding on label)

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:03:42 AM
NintenJoe (13)
(Dubble Bro) < Eggplant Wizard >
California

Hey Dain long time never talk once. Way to make a guy feel welcome just kidding I mostly lurk so you would have no reason too. Any who just wanted to chime in and say I've been using the beta site since you first linked it cause I thought if I did everyone else would and then I find this place where everyone is saying its broken or the old one was better and things to that nature and I say no sir this new thing is beautiful and we should embrace it...

Wow weird all I meant to type was 'nice job on the new site' and well you read it. that's right you read and you'll probly read it again looking for meaning, where there is none. your reading it again right now aren't you? stop it the joke is over it wasn't funny before and now its just starting to feel awkward.

Never knew awkward had 2 Ws until just now... neat 

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:04:06 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Dain/mods

Have you guys ever thought about adding a chat somehow?

Just curious.

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:23:21 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington

Dain/mods

Just curious.

There was an official chat room at one time. It became and issue and was to hard to moderate, so we removed it for the good of the site.
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...
There are a few unofficial chat rooms that members frequent (including mods) that have no affilitation with NA, other than members of NA are usually the only people in there.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:07:06 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Benihana

Dain/mods

Just curious.

There was an official chat room at one time. It became and issue and was to hard to moderate, so we removed it for the good of the site.
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=24&th...
There are a few unofficial chat rooms that members frequent (including mods) that have no affilitation with NA, other than members of NA are usually the only people in there.

Understandable how it would be difficult to moderate.

Feb 15, 2015 at 4:41:36 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Originally posted by: Benihana

Dain/mods

Just curious.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=24&am...

Do you have links to those chatrooms?

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:39:44 PM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
I like on the old site the Previous 1, 2 next at top as well as bottom to save some scrolling

My Wanted to Buy/Trade Thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

My Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/sch/daillest/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&a...

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:34:59 AM
thechristoph (2)

(Ain't Nobody) < Little Mac >
Georgia
I'm mostly a lurker so my opinion probably isn't worth very much, but anyway... I don't like that if you want to quote someone, you have to write your reply in a popup. I don't see anything in the settings to change this behavior.

The beta site looks fantastic though. Love that there isn't so much wasted horizontal space.

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:37:56 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I can't pm in beta or regular on my surface pro 3. I have to open Mozilla in order to do it. I also can't type in reply boxes or quote in the IE.