Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Tonic Trouble for N64

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:05:03 AM
Hoddy Krishnuh (48)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< El Ripper >
Nevada
I remember a guy on the DigitalPress forums claiming to have found one but he never gave us much info on what it was like. I am a fan of classic UbiSoft fare such as Rayman-related stuff and Tonic Trouble is no exception. I took an interest in finding a prototype after referencing Nintendo Power's walkthrough and finding the game vastly different to the final, making it unusable when I had the game as a kid. However, I was made aware of Tonic Trouble: Special Edition, which is essentially a fully playable prototype much akin to the one featured in NP. It was distributed as lone disc in a white sleeve with certain PC bundles, and runs on Win95/98 systems. I have it installed and plan to give it a good playthrough tonight. However, I don't actually remember the original all too well since its been years since I played it. Is anyone else here a fan? I find it odd that the NP walkthrough used an early build of the PC version instead of a native N64 cartridge. Which came first and do you think the development changes were syncronized between the two as they went through the process?

-------------------------
Govinda jaya jaya, Gopala jaya jaya. Blessed Krishna, save us!

Edited: 09/09/2014 at 01:06 AM by Hoddy Krishnuh