NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bought a prototype for the snes! Wanted to share the images

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:19:07 PM
toshi5o3 (64)
(Sergio E.) < Meka Chicken >
California
Hey everyone, 

I finally got a prototype that I won on ebay in the mail. It took a while... anyway, the game is Cyber Spin by Takara. Enjoy the pics - Cheers! (somehow my son Toshi got in there...) =)

-------------------------
"A Winner is You" -- Real audio on a cart? Full length NES album? Now you're listening with power. Play it on your AVS (or toaster): RetroUSB.com

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:52:57 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Wow that's awesome finding that. Was it clearly on ebay or did you luck into it? I just looked it up on the wikipedia, seems like it could be a possibly fun futuristic racing title. I've got a couple of GB protos here myself, but that would be a cool one to have you got there.

Talk with a mod, you're do a P(prototype) icon like I have.

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:12:16 PM
toshi5o3 (64)
California
Thanks! I actually did an international search on an ebay app on my phone. I found this game from a Portuguese seller - I think it's crazy how these games travel the world from person to person. I think this prototype has seen more places than I have! lol - I'm really stoked to finally earn a "P" award. I've been wanting to get that for some time now. 

Which GB protos do you have? I've been looking at picking up one or two - then I'll be going after a NES proto. 

"A Winner is You" -- Real audio on a cart? Full length NES album? Now you're listening with power. Play it on your AVS (or toaster): RetroUSB.com

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:00:59 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I have a couple of them one is a generic thing from Rare, and the other is a preliminary copy of LJN's WWF Wrestlemania.

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:12:27 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Very cool! I hope I can unearth a prototype someday!

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:50:18 PM
toshi5o3 (64)
California
Originally posted by: Tanooki

I have a couple of them one is a generic thing from Rare, and the other is a preliminary copy of LJN's WWF Wrestlemania.

Nice! that's awesome. I think owning any prototype is great - I'll be on the look out for some more. 

@BouncekDeLemos - Thanks! I know prototypes are not cheap and abundant, but I'm sure you'll be able to brush the dirt of one too. =)

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:55:03 PM
Atamos (0)
(Sébastien B) < Crack Trooper >
Quebec
Yeah I've seen that one on ebay, this guy was selling some other interesting prototype, nice purchase !

www.legrospixel.com

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:21:05 PM
toshi5o3 (64)
California
He definitely has some other interesting prototypes that are still up for sale. I think it's crazy how huge the N64 prototypes are. lol

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:51:10 PM
cocole (3)
(o Y o) < Little Mac >
France
Originally posted by: toshi5o3

Hey everyone, 

I finally got a prototype that I won on ebay in the mail. It took a while... anyway, the game is Cyber Spin by Takara. Enjoy the pics - Cheers! (somehow my son Toshi got in there...) =)

Your protoype has already gone on ebay a while back as you can see here
http://www.snescentral.com/articl...

Funny indeed how these things travel.

BTW, cats love cameras

My game & watch collection.

Edited: 06/21/2012 at 01:54 PM by cocole

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:37:41 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Protos are so underrated, I love em'

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:18:39 AM
toshi5o3 (64)
California
Originally posted by: cocole

Originally posted by: toshi5o3

Hey everyone, 

Your protoype has already gone on ebay a while back as you can see here
http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=0873

Funny indeed how these things travel.

BTW, cats love cameras

Wow - That's so awesome! Thank you for sharing that. So it's confirmed that cart has definitely seen more places than I have... lol. And yes, my cats are "hams" when it comes to taking pictures. haha!

@MinusWorlds - I completely agree! There's something special about them and it's really awesome knowing that you have a one of a kind type of game. 

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:38:33 AM
SsPpAaMm (65)
(shawn ) < El Ripper >
United States
Nice find!!!

Lucky

The collection :
Super Nintendo: 251          Genesis: 203
original gameboy: 142       Gameboy color: 109
NES: 232                         Gameboy Advance: 112
N64: 21                            HB / repos / other: 1