Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I'm not going to post the link but - Sealed NES Mario Hangtab

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:23:18 PM
Deal Donkey (103)
(Lady Bug) < Meka Chicken >
United States
if I were DK oldies i'd be over the moon. Hopefully they throw their staff a party. Pics on the auctions were terrible and meant to hide damage. Curious what grades they come out

-------------------------
Follow me on Twitter to see underpriced video games

or PM your want list

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:27:58 PM
Deal Donkey (103)
(Lady Bug) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: Bronty

Lots of little changes from 85-87 yes but no I don't know who made the decisions

who would know something like that? 

Follow me on Twitter to see underpriced video games

or PM your want list

Jul 30, 2017 at 8:02:29 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: bugsy

if I were DK oldies i'd be over the moon. Hopefully they throw their staff a party. Pics on the auctions were terrible and meant to hide damage. Curious what grades they come out
I'd love to know exactly how much DK Oldies paid or where they found it. Behind every game there is a story, but sadly such stories are usually lost to time as they change owners.

And yeah if I owned DK Oldies and landed $30k on a sale, I would have thrown a big party for my employees.  

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 07/30/2017 at 08:04 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:04:41 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: bugsy

I think you may have mixed up the details. The one that sold is a hangtab copy. Sticker sealed copies are earlier. So the one that sold is the (by Rondys count ) fourth (still very early iteration) and the one I posted the first.

The order being

Sticker seal no code
Sticker seal with code
Plastic wrapped hangtab box with no TM
Plastic wrapped hangtab box with TM
30k for a 4th edition wow.. I cant hang with these prices.

Do you know anything about how/when they got changed? like who made the descisions for the boxes/carts, and when they got changed over? Seems like a lot of changes from 1985-1987
It's $30k for a sealed hangtab, which is basically as early as you can get with having plastic wrap.  

And in terms of the "editions" I'm not sure sure if they are distinguishable at the loose cart level.  Loose carts you have 3 screw or 5-screw (hangtab) and you can notice the TM / non-TM on loose carts.  But I'm not sure if the sticker seal difference show up at the loose level.  I.e. whether you opened a sticker sealed 1st edition or a 3rd edition early hangtab, the loose cart may look exactly identical.  The significant variations are visible at the loose cart level as well.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:09:05 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
No one is thinking about what the loose cart looks like when they buy that though... that's a red herring as the non rev a cart would look just like the one that sold but wouldn't get the same price.   I think the more accurate line of thinking is 'it's already 30k, not sure how much higher a first, second, or third could go' because:

A) the differences aren't universally understood
B) the market probably couldn't step up to a higher price point right now

But time will fix both a) and b) the same way it has for all the other sealed first editions, all of which have begun to trade at significant premiums.   We all know so much more about the differences than we did 15 years ago.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 07/31/2017 at 11:13 AM by Bronty

Jul 15 at 7:51:12 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada

Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I have a nice SMB Non Rev A with Hang Tab CIB. Doesn anyone think the value of these will go up now because this recent auction may create desirability? Thoughts?

No they are two different markets 

Seems like there has been a surge in non-sealed copies... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COMPLETE-... CIAAOSw3QldIZXr

I thought this would end at a few hundred dolalrs at most... not $600+. One sold a few weeks ago for over $500 as well. Pretty nutty since you can still find other later runs for ~ $100.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Jul 15 at 9:34:02 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Good thing Jeff is tracking all this data about the multiple variants out there. They will soon be designated and tracked with different prices for each.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Jul 15 at 4:31:09 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I have a nice SMB Non Rev A with Hang Tab CIB. Doesn anyone think the value of these will go up now because this recent auction may create desirability? Thoughts?

No they are two different markets 

Seems like there has been a surge in non-sealed copies... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COMPLETE-... CIAAOSw3QldIZXr

I thought this would end at a few hundred dolalrs at most... not $600+. One sold a few weeks ago for over $500 as well. Pretty nutty since you can still find other later runs for ~ $100.

Been this way for months now. Unlikely to ever stop, only increase as sealed copies wane.

Jul 16 at 2:39:03 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
why does the Canadian Mattel hang-tab version of SMB sell for so much lower than the American version? Just because the difference in region?

Jul 16 at 5:45:50 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I think Cdn stuff is generally poorly understood. I'm sure that will change.

the only Cdn HT smb copies I see on eBay atm are beat to dogshit though

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 07/16/2019 at 06:19 PM by Bronty

Jul 16 at 7:59:09 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
That's because Curtis uses all Canadian NES boxes as weights for workouts and he just chucks them around.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jul 16 at 11:35:07 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Because 'Merica

Aug 05 at 8:32:22 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
This should get good...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Super-Mar... 0kAAOSw6XBdRkE0

Aug 05 at 8:43:31 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

This should get good...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Super-Mar... 0kAAOSw6XBdRkE0

Looks like a gloss sticker seal but still should be a good one!