Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My AVS Review Just (a little) late for Christmas!

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:51:17 AM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
I've been throughly enjoying my AVS since launch, and also working on a review for my YouTube channel. Other (previously slated) video projects, and a desire to fully test out features before posting a review made Christmas a perfect time to publish a review. Well, life happened... and my December 18th release window became December 29th. Same thing, right?

Long story short: My AVS review is finally here! Enjoy and please leave feedback!

-------------------------
Retro Tech Select
Check out my YouTube Channel for old-school gaming goodness!

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:34:09 PM
Dr.Graffin (0)
< Cherub >
I liked the review. I've only had my AVS for less than a month but I'm still loving it. I liked that the review wasn't too long, showed multiple screenshot comparisons, briefly went over screen settings, and mentioned the online mode.

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:21:24 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Good review. Especially on the video features.

The cart connector issue should be addressed next year, might put an addendum when that happens.

The Burgertime joke was funny.  

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:22:49 AM
pal251 (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Kansas
Thanks for the review sir

Apr 26, 2017 at 1:43:14 PM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Good review. Especially on the video features.

The cart connector issue should be addressed next year, might put an addendum when that happens.

The Burgertime joke was funny.  

I might do a follow up video once the new connector and wireless controller are out. 

I did want to add some new information as well: another YouTuber pointed out to me that they had the same issue with Scoreboard - only when they had a capture device in the chain. I mostly split my HDMI signal before it hits my projector in order keep my Elgato in the loop. I'm going to try disconnecting it *gasp* this weekend and see if it resolves the Scoreboard upload problem I mentioned in the video. 

Retro Tech Select

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:07:47 AM
avlon (2)
< Crack Trooper >
New York
Excellent review!  Just subbed to your channel in order to check out your other work.
With the quality that I just saw, you deserve way more subscribers and views!

Check out my Youtube Channel @ https://goo.gl/KuSvJc !! Thank you! 

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:50:41 AM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Thank you so much for the feedback and sub. It means a lot to me.

Question about your 8bitdo on a plane video. Does the Switch have to be out of airplane mode for it to work? The joycons can't be used separately while airplane mode is off.

Retro Tech Select

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:50:07 PM
avlon (2)
< Crack Trooper >
New York
Originally posted by: StuOhQ

Thank you so much for the feedback and sub. It means a lot to me.

Question about your 8bitdo on a plane video. Does the Switch have to be out of airplane mode for it to work? The joycons can't be used separately while airplane mode is off.

Any time. It's great watching creators that are really working on getting quality stuff out.  

To answer your question, you can keep the Switch in Airplane mode while still having access to the 8bitdo controllers a there is a separate option to keep the bluetooth controller connection on. The same option exists for Wi-Fi and NFC.  I just tested it just to make sure that I gave you the correct info.

Apologies about the late response, I never received a notification that you replied.

Check out my Youtube Channel @ https://goo.gl/KuSvJc !! Thank you! 

Edited: 06/08/2017 at 11:51 PM by avlon