NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

youtube topic thread

LOCKED TOPIC

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:51:40 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I saw that a random good youtube thread was locked and told to post in the youtube topic thread. Its in the Events, Blogs, Promotions, Sites section. I actually never evcen look at that section when navigating the site. I dont see why interesting videos or something cant be posted just in everything else section. I actually feel itll just get burried, but if it has to be done this way cant that youtube thread be in the everything else category so more people see it atleast. Im seeing way too many of these condense all topics to one thread topics and its getting kind of ridiculous to me. Just a suggestion.

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:16:26 PM
del01 (81)
(Retrosexual ) < El Ripper >
Ontario
I got a little thread going about this a while back when finders keepers turned into watch my youtube video.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

My name is del01 and I approve this message.

If del was a chair...
I'd sit on it like Michelle Pfeiffer in the gangsters paradise video - Herbalist

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:24:35 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
yeah really i just think the videos like. hey watch this crazy something. this is funny. discuss. I just like that being a thread in everything else. Id never even see it in the site blog section. Never go there and kind of defeats some of the purpose of everything else section.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:32:55 PM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Are you talking about this Youtube Thread?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Isn't that thread just for promoting personal Youtube channels and videos?

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:56:28 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
yeah but i saw a thread got locked and was told just to put any youtube video posted in that thread and not to open a thread in everything else about it. 

lolol and yeah it was your video you posted that got a thread locked and told to post it in that thread. there isnt any point in that imo. I want to see funny interesting random things people post in everything else. I dont want to have to go to that thread just to see a funny thread. I think the mod messed up locking the thread anyway because locking it really didnt make sense since it wasnt a personal youtube channel or anything.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 11/17/2012 at 11:59 PM by quest4nes

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:15:30 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
That thread was made because the number of topics being started linking to youtube videos was getting excessive. If you enjoy watching videos and going into another subforum is too inconvenient for you, I suggest you subscribe to the thread.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:30:04 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
was it really that excessive. i think its a little overreaction on that though.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:36:57 AM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Apparently they want to have one thread for all Youtube videos. Which is a good idea so NA doesn't end up with 1,000 of different topics about different videos. However the link they tell us to post stuff in is "Official NA Youtube thread". Now it isn't a thread to post random youtube videos, its a page for any NAer that have a Youtube channel that want promote/looking for subscribers/discuss anything (Pick-ups, gameplay, Retro Gaming, Comedy, etc.).

I think the only Youtube videos Mods should lock are people trying to promote their Youtube channel, double posts or anything offensive. I had an idea I mentioned to one of the mods: Have two separate Youtube threads - One just for NAers looking to promote their channel/updates on a new video. And another thread just for random Youtube videos about anything; kinda like the post a funny photo thread.. but my idea was shot down.

"The Mod Squad decided to have ONE thread for all youtube video's."

Edited: 11/18/2012 at 12:39 AM by DailyNostalgia

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:30:36 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
i like the two thread idea alot more. and have the other funny thread kind of like the paper scissors rock photo thread. makes a lot of since. I dont care about personal youtube channels so digging through them all in that topic is annoying.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:32:56 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
I think eventually we will get to a point where all the forum areas only have one thread each. That will be nice cause I hate seeing so much clutter, I can only dream of having a nice clean empty forum area.

New thread "FS: NES games"

"Sorry I am going to have to lock this, please post all NES FS items in the 'NES FOR SALE' thread"

/lock

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:07:29 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:03:54 PM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Originally posted by: Mog

New thread "FS: NES games"

"Sorry I am going to have to lock this, please post all NES FS items in the 'NES FOR SALE' thread"

/lock
Or make things much easier, 2 threads:
1) Nintendo
2) Other stuff

haha

OK. So, I message the OP of the thread, VideoGamesIzFun, to clear a few things up about the topic and what it is all about. All I've been seeing it mods saying "post all Youtube videos into this thread. (/lock)", but the thread they link to doesn't really say anything in the title or first paragraph that its a thread for posting ALL youtube related videos. Here's what VideoGamesIzFun said to me:

"I made it originally to make a thread to promote my youtube channel but I noticed a ton of threads like that and most had no replies so I figured why not make a central youtube thread for all our NA members to post their youtube pages and their youtube videos."

Now were getting some where, but I wish he or someone would made it more clear in the title or description. So I suggested he should maybe change the Title completely and explain the point of the thread in the first few sentence. Because the way topic is it looks like a place only about posting NA member personal Youtube accounts.

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:11:54 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: WeLoveClassicGames

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=32&th...

YOU AND I HAVE talked about this in great length over PMs
I made it CLEAR that that thread is NOT only for youtube channels.
I DO NOT like the fact you decided to come in here and try to "rally" some troops for your cause after we discussed it and I told you it was not going to happen. It is almost like when a kid asks mom since dad said no, but since you did not contact another moderator, I have to give you the benifit of the doubt.
LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR FOR THE LAST TIME!
This is the official NA youtube video thread.
All other threads started will be locked/moved or deleted at a moderators discression.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Edited: 11/18/2012 at 04:23 PM by Benihana

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:58:03 PM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Originally posted by: Benihana

Originally posted by: WeLoveClassicGames

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=32&th...

YOU AND I HAVE talked about this in great length over PMs
I made it CLEAR that that thread is NOT only for youtube channels.
I DO NOT like the fact you decided to come in here and try to "rally" some troops for your cause after we discussed it and I told you it was not going to happen. It is almost like when a kid asks mom since dad said no, but since you did not contact another moderator, I have to give you the benifit of the doubt.
LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR FOR THE LAST TIME!
This is the official NA youtube video thread.
All other threads started will be locked/moved or deleted at a moderators discression.

First of all yes, we did "Talk" about it, but it seems like you still don't get what I was telling you. My main reason for messaging you FIRST was to tell you the link you keep telling people post to isn't very clear. I understand its a Offical Youtube Video thread, but in the first paragraph of the OP and ever other post in the thread is all about PROMOTING NA MEMBER YOUTUBE CHANNELS.

Now, if you read my last post I talked to VideoGamesIzFu, who cleared up everything. He said it was orginal for promoting NAers Youtube channels, but the page was pretty slow. So he decided to change it to an Official Youtube Page to post all youtube channels. The only thing he changed was the description of the channel to "Official NA Youtube thread"... kind of hard to tell what the thread is if all you changed was the description to something general.

I didn't come here to "rally" for my... wait... what cause? I didn't even make this topic. I saw another person with the same suggestion and concern as me and I simply told him what happened. After all this is a SITE SUGGESTION & FEEDBACK. The link that people keeping getting lead to isn't clear. Sorry that I'm trying to point out an error.

What I suggest is CHANGE THE TITLE AND DESCRIPTION AND PUT IN THE FIRST POST WHAT THE PAGE IS. Done. Simple. Or better yet lock the topic and start a new thread run by a mod who will update and maintain the page.

Lets end this silly discussion and fix the so called "Offical Youtube thread". 

Edited: 11/18/2012 at 05:04 PM by DailyNostalgia

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:58:42 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Let me clear. I wont allow you to belittle a moderator like this. There is single youtube thread and it will remain thay way.

Nuff said

/locking thread

Edited: 11/18/2012 at 06:05 PM by NewUser123456789