Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Anyone have a spare AV port

Feb 2, 2008 at 5:04:36 PM
Mitch (0)

(Mitch Orman) < Cherub >
California

I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I'm planing on modding a couple of top loaders for composite out and I wanted to use the Nintendo standard A/V out port that the SNES, N64 and GC use. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anyone who will sell just the A/V port by itself. Does anyone know of some place that will sell just the port? Or if not, does anyone have a dead "parts" system that they wouldn't mind unsoldering the port from and selling it to me? I suppose I could always buy a broken system from ebay but I think the cost of shipping would make it unpractical.

Thanks,

Mitch

Feb 2, 2008 at 5:16:22 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I have a few RF units for toasters that are NOS, but no A/V ports. Only a handful of people might have them.
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Feb 3, 2008 at 2:23:14 PM
Gameboy (22)
(Stian Olsen) < Meka Chicken >
Norway
Are you looking for just the AV connectors or the whole AV circuit?
You can get AV connectors in any hi-fi store and the AV circuit can be built with some transistors and resistors.

I built a AV circuit for my pirate NES console and it actually worked, not perfect picture but better than no picture

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:54:30 PM
Zzap (47)
(James ) < King Solomon >
Australia
Reading Mitch's original post, looks like he's looking to add one of the special AV connectors from a SNES, N64 or GC e.g. one of those flat ports that output the AV picture like this:

-------------------------

Chunkout for iPhone, iPad and iTouch out now!
Chunkout Games: FaceBook | Web

Feb 3, 2008 at 10:35:11 PM
Mitch (0)

(Mitch Orman) < Cherub >
California
Originally posted by: Zzap

Reading Mitch's original post, looks like he's looking to add one of the special AV connectors from a SNES, N64 or GC e.g. one of those flat ports that output the AV picture like this:

Yes exactly, I'm looking for the port that you can plug that cable into. The Famicom AV uses it as well. I could use standard A/V plugs but I thought it would look cooler to use the Nintendo version.

Mitch

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:04:39 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
You might try finding junk SNES to pull them from...