Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

how many different blades of steel manuals are there?

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:43:48 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
    why are these seals different sizes and at different places?

Photobucket

-------------------------

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:10:29 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
The 2nd and 3rd one look identical to me... look at how much room there is to the left of the 2 at the bottom. On the 2nd one it looks like they just cut it off and the third one looks like they gave it proper space. Might have made the book a little bigger so they decided to just make the seal smaller in the end #4.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:15:08 AM
srh201 (114)
United States
theory makes sense, but check the rest of your konami manuals... it appears they are all like this. from the front, they look identical. the inside is the only difference, so i consider these different!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:50:33 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
ugh...so one of these likely IS the direct match to the red-box.

My red-box one has a (T) in the front bottom-right corner, and the inside has the last seal variant the oval with a (R) instead of a TM. That makes a fourth one when added to the ones you listed, Seth.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:48:37 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
oh, dan, you are killing me!!!

i have that one too (with the T in the circle on the front). i didnt even take the time to notice that last night.

with that said... that one is more different than the rest, so if i would have to guess, i would assume that the one you have with your red box is the correct matching version, but who the heck knows!

thanks for the input and helping me find yet another variant!

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:35:42 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Red Box one has an asterix on the outside. (or so I have heard). Check with Morbis.

Inside variations are pretty much impossible to collect. I came across a Tennis manual that was different inside, in that there were extra blank pages in it.

I wonder if they changed from one run to the next.

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:58:07 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
^ Yeah, that's how mine came, but it wasn't sealed, only CIB. I know wiz opened a sealed one (classic series) that he won from auction at CGE 2007, so next time I'm over at his house I'll take a look at his manual and see which one it is for sure.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:12:26 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
morbis, let us know what you find out. i would like to put this one to bed!

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:38:27 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
^ I'll be going to his place probably some weekend *after* the superbowl, and I'll be sure to let you know...

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:57:09 AM
RandolfRuckerfield (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Randolf Ruckerfield) < Little Mac >
Malaysia
Originally posted by: srh201

why are these seals different sizes and at different places?

Photobucket

Crap and we thought stamp collectors are already very crazy...