Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo World Championship 2015 Carts!?!? Could we make a NWC2015 NES or SNES cart??

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:15:24 PM
Zwario (30)
(Carlos Monoz) < Meka Chicken >
California
OK, before you say... NO WAY DUDE... all of that was played on a WiiU....

First... look at the pretty carts :-).....  now hear me out,...

Ok, so first, what I would like to propose is this, is it possible to make a NES Rom or Cart that would do this:

1) Start at Zelda - goal enter first dungeon and defeat boss = (score would be number of hearts / rupies x 100?)
2) Then start you at Mother Brain in Metroid (NES) and you must defeat her and get out of tunnel = (score would be number of energy tanks x 1000)
3) then it would start Ballon Fight, and you would keep doing this until the timer runs out or you die = (score x ???)

Not sure if this one could stick with the 6:21 time limit??   just curious if this would be possible?? 

That is my idea for a NES cart version of the Nintendo World Championship 2015

Then I started thinking.... I have seen many hacks of NES and SNES Mario games,

Would it be possible to Hack Super Mario World and Create a NWC 2015 SNES cart with the Final 3 rounds of Super Mario Maker that would re-create the exact 3 levels that Cosmo and John Numbers played for the final win ?!?!

Well my fellow nerds, I turn it over to you.... with all of your fantastic Nerdy brilliance, would this be awesome or what??  I know that if Bunnyboy... or anyone for that matter launched a Kickstarter and the Goal was to make a NES or SNES NWC2015 cart, they would get that thing funded in a week or 2....

What do you guys think?  possible?  how would you score the SNES (Mario Maker version?)

Thanks in advance!
(and yes, I just received my Powerfest1994 cart from RetroUSB... so thanks again BunnyBoy... You make my dreams come true!!!!)

-Zwario

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:26:40 PM
FireEmblemZack (2)
< El Ripper >
Washington
We can call it the Nintendo World Championships 2015 Underground edition!

Because that is what those elimination levels were called.

-------------------------
Avid Fire Emblem and GameCube collector! Plus complete SNES collection in box.

Always looking for Fire Emblem mercadise! Standees, posters, Japanese only games!

Gamecube: 48
SNES: 30 boxed+2 cartridges.

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:27:25 PM
LudwigKoopa (69)
(Michael ) < Kraid Killer >
Washington
Well I know the original SMW could never have that many sprites on screen at once, and some of the sprites are completely new for Super Mario Maker. I guess it could be done, but it seems like the amount of work it would take would be immense.

Currently Playing:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Xenoblade X

Recently Beat:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Xenoblade X, Strider 2014

Backlog/Beaten Games:
https://docs.google.com/spreadshe...

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:54:59 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Seems like more work than Nintendo put into it

(not discouraging the idea, more disparaging present-day Nintendo)

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:36:59 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
A physical NES cart with the regional games (smb/smb3/dr mario) would be "simple", but I don't know how popular they would be. Hacking other games depends highly on what mappers they use. Kickstarter will never happen because it is obvious copyright infringement!

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:51:20 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
As with many great ideas, most of us would like to play them, however most of us are pretty busy to be able to tackle it. I bet a Mario World hacker is already working on that idea though.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:05:40 PM
Zwario (30)
(Carlos Monoz) < Meka Chicken >
California
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

A physical NES cart with the regional games (smb/smb3/dr mario) would be "simple", but I don't know how popular they would be. Hacking other games depends highly on what mappers they use. Kickstarter will never happen because it is obvious copyright infringement!

Actually, you bring up a good point, maybe the real NWC2015 NES cart should be SMB/SMB3/DrMario... The scoring is already done, and technically, that's the one we all played to try and qualify.... It would fit in with the Cannon of championships... But it's so close to NCC1991... Do you think Zelda, Metroid, and Balloon fight have similar mappers??