Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Amiibo Wave 3 Extravaganza Thread! and the count down begins... dun..dun...dduuunnnnn

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:19:46 AM
icarwngs55 (67)
(Michael D) < El Ripper >
United States
No meta knights at best buy. Only preorders

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:20:13 AM
VenusBananaPeel (16)
(Venus ) < El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Still think its bs. I dont care if someone bought 10. Its gamestops fault for not limiting something clearly limited. I cant get the 2 i ordered which is rodiculous. Preorderd 10 weeks ago. Would have preordered somewhere else.

Oh, I agree with you. I've lost mine and it is bs for a lot of reasons. There's nothing that can be done though so might as well look on the brightside. 

Besides, now people know not to preorder more than one from gamestop. Ike will be reprinted. I'd bet money on it.

-------------------------
Currently playing: EarthBound Beginnings
Up next:  ????
Originally posted by: ZachAttack

I actually don't like video games. I'm just REALLY into shelves and you gotta fill the shelves with SOMETHING right?

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:25:39 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: VenusBananaPeel

Still think its bs. I dont care if someone bought 10. Its gamestops fault for not limiting something clearly limited. I cant get the 2 i ordered which is rodiculous. Preorderd 10 weeks ago. Would have preordered somewhere else.

Oh, I agree with you. I've lost mine and it is bs for a lot of reasons. There's nothing that can be done though so might as well look on the brightside. 

Besides, now people know not to preorder more than one from gamestop. Ike will be reprinted. I'd bet money on it.

They said they are distributing the preorders in 2 waves for people by order date. So odds are they wont print him if they arent doing the older ones.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 02/20/2015 at 10:33 AM by quest4nes

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:26:27 AM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States

It's highly unlikely they knew of a possible supply shortage like this back then. They aren't limiting them for scalping reasons, they are limiting them so they can fill the maximum amount of pre-orders (per person). Keep your second on reserve and wait until the summer or whenever.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:29:27 AM
jumpman1229 (62)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland
My Best Buy had like 6 Meta Knights and there was one for each person there, pretty awesome! NO one was a jerk and everyone was fair about it.

I did however already have one on pre order and this kinda pissed me off:

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:35:16 AM
VenusBananaPeel (16)
(Venus ) < El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: jumpman1229

My Best Buy had like 6 Meta Knights and there was one for each person there, pretty awesome! NO one was a jerk and everyone was fair about it.

I have one coming in the mail. If you want I'd be willing to trade. I'm not keeping any sealed at all so the sticker on yours wouldn't bother me.

Originally posted by: quest4nes

They said they are distributing the preorders in 2 waves for people by order date. So odds are they wont print him if they arent doing the older ones.
Rumor has it that they are reprinting Marth and I think all FE characters can be used in Code STEAM so I think that gives him a strong reprinting chance. I'm not sure. I'm sorry you're not getting one of your two though. No matter what, it's still bs that this is happening now.

Currently playing: EarthBound Beginnings
Up next:  ????
Originally posted by: ZachAttack

I actually don't like video games. I'm just REALLY into shelves and you gotta fill the shelves with SOMETHING right?

Edited: 02/20/2015 at 10:35 AM by VenusBananaPeel

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:58:01 AM
jumpman1229 (62)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland

I have one coming in the mail. If you want I'd be willing to trade. I'm not keeping any sealed at all so the sticker on yours wouldn't bother me.

Rumor has it that they are reprinting Marth and I think all FE characters can be used in Code STEAM so I think that gives him a strong reprinting chance. I'm not sure. I'm sorry you're not getting one of your two though. No matter what, it's still bs that this is happening now.

That's really nice of you! I may try and see if I can easily remove the label myself, but if not, I'll let you know! Thanks for the offer

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:04:26 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

That's really nice of you! I may try and see if I can easily remove the label myself, but if not, I'll let you know! Thanks for the offer

Sticker on mine came off so easy

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:08:42 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Today at best buy i got there at 10:00 on the dot. People were already inside. I had 2 preordered. I see the first lady walking out with 2. Snother dude with 2. 2 other guys with one each. I see the manager holding the last one. I say i have 2 preordered. I was getting nervous before he said. Oh your the only 1. Here are your 2. We were wonderibg who got thrm. I guess everyone of them was waiting to see if i showed up lol. In all i believe my best buy got 9-10. These def feel like a one and done situation

And venus... They said they would rerelease marth but were very vague about it and how they would do it. But cards have been confirmed this year. I bet you the fire emblem characters will be available as a card pack.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 02/20/2015 at 12:12 PM by quest4nes

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:11:24 PM
darkwickus (11)
(C. Scott ) < Little Mac >
Maryland
My local Best Buy had 6 Meta Knights. One of my friends volunteered to come with me, so I was able to get 2! I was pretty impressed with the organization the store had. One employee kept coming out and updating us on what the situation was. Eventually, he handed out tickets to everyone in line and we made our way to the counter once the store opened. I arrived 45 minutes before they opened.

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:20:57 PM
LAMRN15 (3)
< Meka Chicken >
Arkansas
Picked up my Meta Knight just now. Girl at the counter saw what I had and said "you're lucky, people have been practically killing to get these." She said they only received 2 that weren't preorders and had a line waiting as the store opened.

I don't know how even the most ardent Nintendo fanboys argue that this is okay. When you have a popular item that you have no chance of getting unless you preorder or manage o be one of the lucky first few people at the store before it opens on release day...that's bullshit. Not to mention these that are retailer exclusives. Europe and Japan don't have these issues. NoA just plain sucks.

My collection: https://spreadsheets.google.com/s...

I'm a PC/console/handheld gamer and retro collector!

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:39:36 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
My store has lots of sheik, mega man, toon link, and sonic... Anyone need?

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:58:23 PM
WolfAlmighty (3)
(Wolfgang Abenteuer) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
Originally posted by: LAMRN15

Picked up my Meta Knight just now. Girl at the counter saw what I had and said "you're lucky, people have been practically killing to get these." She said they only received 2 that weren't preorders and had a line waiting as the store opened.

I don't know how even the most ardent Nintendo fanboys argue that this is okay. When you have a popular item that you have no chance of getting unless you preorder or manage o be one of the lucky first few people at the store before it opens on release day...that's bullshit. Not to mention these that are retailer exclusives. Europe and Japan don't have these issues. NoA just plain sucks.

I still don't think it's entirely intentional, at least not scarcity to this degree.  Once the ports open up again we'll see how many amiibo were truly just sitting on ships.

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:06:42 PM
smeagolsama (211)
(Bronner's Army) < El Ripper >
Missouri
no doubt there are some proud parents today whose children are 29/29 in the great amiibo hunt.

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:14:16 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana

Sticker on mine came off so easy
My local Best Buy had sticky notes on the plastic blister seal. I thought that was rather nice. I arrived at 8:55am to see 12 people already lined up. Customer service formed two lines, one for walk-ins, one for preorders. They had one Meta Knight to sell that wasn't reserved. Weather was cold, wet, and overall miserable, and one guy waited for over two hours. Lots of butthurt in that line I'm sure. Also a strict limit of one Amiibo per customer.

Well I got two because my preorder slip said so. King Dedede and Meta Knight are finally mine!

And as always, I unbox everything...

Now to sit back and watch them wail on each other in Smash Bros until they all hit level 50. 99 stock match, no holds barred. Yeah, I'm super lazy like that...

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 02/20/2015 at 07:12 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:36:12 AM
snoopy101 (91)
< El Ripper >
Idaho
my good friend went down to bestbuy yesterday morning about 1 hour before opening and got in line for me . They handed out tickets and i guess they only had 8 meta knights. He got me one and needless to say i cant be more thankful and appreciative. Big shout out to Attakid as he goes by on here. Still havent got my hands on a dedede or ike but the fact i got a meta knight really makes me happy. I now have all the store exclusives(without pre ordering any) You better believe i will pre order from now on.

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:13:16 AM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Good amiibo day for me. I got my meta Knights in the mail, but even better, I went into my friend's game store (definitely classified as a mom and pop shop) and he got some Amiibos in 3 DAYS AGO and there just sitting on a peg was King Dedede and all chillin right behind him was his good buddy, Ike. I was pumped!

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:36:57 AM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Can't wait to be done with the Wave 3 mess next week when Dedede, Ike, Mega Man & Sonice all show up at Gamestop.

Dedede and Mega Man get opened and put on my shelf immediately. Sonic and Ike (along with my Meta Knight, Sheik and UK Roselina) haven't decided what to do with them yet, since I've already sold off a few of the secondary characters I didn't care too much about.

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:23:58 PM
Fumblingwisdom (46)
(Cortez the killer) < Crack Trooper >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: alekx

My store has lots of sheik, mega man, toon link, and sonic... Anyone need?

I'm in sask and would be super interested in a Megaman and sonic if you'd be willing to ship them/bus them to me for a small profit. It would be greatly appreciated forsure

My FO/FT/FS Thread:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

My WTB Thread:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 02/21/2015 at 01:24 PM by Fumblingwisdom

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:47:57 PM
tjanse (20)
(jeremy ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
I got three extra mega man if anyone wants I got them in sales thread. I will ship to Canada too

My collection 
http://my.puregaming.org/?u=80748...

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:08:56 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
This has to be a joke right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYSTERY-R...

How do we know everyone isn't going to just get a diddy? This guy's listing needs to be flagged

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:10:25 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
did dedede and meta knight etc hit shelves in canada yet?

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:28:10 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: yukfou

This has to be a joke right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYSTERY-R...

How do we know everyone isn't going to just get a diddy? This guy's listing needs to be flagged

reported under chance listing

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:19:36 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada

This has to be a joke right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYSTERY-RANDOM-AMIIBO-Shulk-Meta-Kni...

ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:42:47 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

This has to be a joke right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYSTERY-RANDOM-AMIIBO-Shulk-Meta-Kni...

ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS

pretty much black and white. Against ebay rules.

of course no refunds. because 10 people are about to get a zelda or diddy for 30 dollars

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48