Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Midwest Gaming Classic 2019 April 12-14 Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Jan 10 at 10:44:15 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Damn, I would love to go! Looks like my weekend with the kiddo dangit, might have to see if I can swap some days around!

-------------------------

Jan 10 at 1:02:50 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I have officially become torn on helping or just going and enjoying. Or trying to do both. haha

MGC is big enough to be worth travelling to, but not so big that helping out eats all your time. I went last year and pitched in because I knew they'd need help with the venue move. Even with pitching in, filming the Dragon Warrior video, and networking for LPGE, I still had plenty of time to talk to the NA guys and hang out in the room late night. Unlike MAG where I kinda just run around all the time and then it's over.

Last year's video because it was so awesome...

This video is so great. It was a real pleasure to meet you last year man. You brought me supper Thursday night after you flew in. I was on a pink cloud!!! :-)

Edited: 01/10/2019 at 01:03 PM by Sign Collector Guy

Jan 19 at 11:12:29 AM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
If anybody wants to split a room, I am looking for someone to split the cost with. I keep to myself and quite honestly will just need somewhere to sleep.

Just a thought  

May the force be with you.

Jan 19 at 11:39:09 AM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
Hmmm, I've never actually been to any of the gaming expos, as they're all so far from where I live. But I'm considering this one, mostly because Milwaukee isn't too far from Chicago, and I've wanted to go there for years! Mostly to eat my weight in pizza, and go to Galloping Ghosts arcade lol! Has anyone ever taken the train from Mil to Chicago? That would be my only option as I don't think I"m going to rent a vehicle just to make that trip.

Jan 19 at 3:12:19 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: imanerd0011

Hmmm, I've never actually been to any of the gaming expos, as they're all so far from where I live. But I'm considering this one, mostly because Milwaukee isn't too far from Chicago, and I've wanted to go there for years! Mostly to eat my weight in pizza, and go to Galloping Ghosts arcade lol! Has anyone ever taken the train from Mil to Chicago? That would be my only option as I don't think I"m going to rent a vehicle just to make that trip.

dquiros has taken the train the other way (he lives in Chicago), so he could likely answer your questions?

Jan 19 at 3:35:34 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

dquiros has taken the train the other way (he lives in Chicago), so he could likely answer your questions?

Now that I look into it.  I can rent a car on Turo for around $35 and they give you 200 miles a day.  I'm probably going to do that instead, as I want to go to a few places in Chicago, and this would make that much easier.  

Feb 18 at 11:23:16 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Tickets bought. Hotel booked. MGC 2019 here we come. Game Master Howard was announced recently on being there. Woot!!!

Mar 01 at 12:40:15 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Getting closer all the time. The VIG badge is a wearable NES homebrew cart.

Mar 01 at 1:39:00 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio

Now that I look into it.  I can rent a car on Turo for around $35 and they give you 200 miles a day.  I'm probably going to do that instead, as I want to go to a few places in Chicago, and this would make that much easier.  

...you've never tried to park in Chicago, have you?

Mar 01 at 2:02:40 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States

No, I've never been lol Is it that bad? 

Mar 01 at 2:11:46 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio

No, I've never been lol Is it that bad? 

It probably depends on where exactly you're going, but the few times I was there it seemed like most people that had cars left them parked and just took public transit.

Mar 01 at 4:33:07 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
Ted Dibiase owes me some money and I aim to collect! Additionally, this should be moved to the Events topic.

Mar 02 at 5:32:17 PM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: The Count

Ted Dibiase owes me some money and I aim to collect! Additionally, this should be moved to the Events topic.

are you going to make it this year?

Mar 03 at 8:46:25 AM
Foochie776 (240)
Minnesota
Wooo! Getting close boys

Mar 03 at 9:33:10 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio
Originally posted by: Foochie776

Wooo! Getting close boys

I better start testing and pricing shit then!

Mar 03 at 9:40:30 AM
Foochie776 (240)
Minnesota

Wooo! Getting close boys

I’d say! I’m saving away. Hoping to find some Genesis stuff 

Mar 03 at 10:26:08 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I'm going to be flying in this year and I won't have training on Sunday so I'll be able to party all Saturday night!

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Mar 03 at 10:43:11 AM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
Yeah, getting close!

Edited: 03/03/2019 at 10:43 AM by The Count

Mar 06 at 3:14:20 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio

Wooo! Getting close boys

I’d say! I’m saving away. Hoping to find some Genesis stuff 

Gonna have Genny looseys blowout priced.  Tired of hauling those around.

Mar 06 at 9:10:44 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Going to be crazy downtown. Bucks home playoff games start that weekend too.

Mar 24 at 9:02:44 PM
Dragon Warrior (0)
< Cherub >
Iowa
Hello All!
I can't wait for the MGC, and especially visiting the Nintendo Age room! So many cool cats hang out there!

I was wondering if there would be any copies of Twin Dragons for sale this year?
Also, if there is a list of what homebrews are available to purchase, that would be great too!

Mar 24 at 9:06:35 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I also may be interested in getting a copy of Twin Dragons, looks fun!

Haves     |     Wants

Mar 28 at 12:34:20 AM
Kobun Heat (54)

(Chris Kohler) < Meka Chicken >
California
I will be there! I'll be selling and signing copies of my books Power-Up and Final Fantasy V, and have a few games at my table as well. I'll also be on the Retronauts panel, and will do my best to hit up the Nintendo-Age room, too.

Edited: 03/28/2019 at 12:34 AM by Kobun Heat

Mar 31 at 9:33:02 PM
The Old Ass Retro Gamer (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I'm going to be on a panel with some fellow Midwest YouTubers Gamers (The Game Grinder, Musty Hobbit of Second Breakfast, Captain Algebra, RisingBluePhoenix, The Old Ass Retro Gamer *me* and moderated by Corpse_flood Gaming) discussing our "YouTube Survival Guide"! Sunday the 14th at noon @ G2B Presentation Hall (6)

Check out my YouTube channels!
The Old Ass Retro Gamer - youtube.com/shwanzi
Winter & Construction - youtube.com/PlusKewlFilms

Apr 01 at 1:44:24 AM
rizz (9)
(Frank Westphal) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Dragon Warrior

Hello All!
I can't wait for the MGC, and especially visiting the Nintendo Age room! So many cool cats hang out there!

I was wondering if there would be any copies of Twin Dragons for sale this year?
Also, if there is a list of what homebrews are available to purchase, that would be great too!

I'll have a copy of Twin Dragons set up again this year to promote it, but I won't have copies for sale.  For a purchase, please check out the creator's website.
I will also show either Eskimo Bob, or Alfonzo's Arctic Adventure.  Alfonzo is new and available here, Eskimo Bob shows sold out, but copies will be ready soon.
As always, I'll demo my old game Armed For Battle, and will have just a few copies for sale at the show.  Sorry I haven't come out with anything new, haha.

There will be some unreleased games/demos you'll want to check out:
Kevin will have Estocerro, currently on Kickstarter.  Sounds like he will also have copies of Tailgate Party to sell.
Beau will have NEScape (by KHAN), which will be coming up on kickstarter.  He also should have Spookotron, and hopefully some copies to sell.

I'm very excited that Paul who runs InfiniteNESLives.com will be there and will no doubt have some cool games to show.

Super Homebrew War will be there, and Nathan is planning to run a tournament for it.
And the Retrotainment guys will be in the vendor hall, with copies of Haunted Halloween 85 & HH86 to purchase.  They'll also promote their latest game, Full Quiet (which kickstarted a while back, but is not yet finished).

And there will be even more things to check out in the room - it will be awesome!

My Development Blog

Edited: 04/01/2019 at 01:49 AM by rizz