NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Problem With My AVS Or Black Box Challenge

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:05:03 PM
Ronin64 (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Hi,
I've been loving my AVS, but something happened about a week and a half ago. I turned it on and heard the sound of electrical short and turned it off right away. So I checked the USB adapter it came with and it was warm. So I tried plugging in an old ios device to see if it would charge, but nothing, the adapter was fried. So then I plugged in my AVS into my TVs USB port and it turned on but the hud was completely scrambled. So I turned it off and on again and it worked fine. Until I started playing Black Box Challenge Homebrew. The game played normally the whole way through but when I finished the game this is what happened at the credits....

This is exactly what happened after turning my AVS on after the USB adapter fried.
So, is this a known issue with Black Box Challenge on the AVS or is this something wrong with my AVS?
Also, I have played other games fine after the USB adapter fried. This is the first time this has happened since.

Edited: 09/07/2018 at 06:09 PM by Ronin64

Sep 7, 2018 at 7:53:09 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Might try reinstalling the firmware. It will reset your settings, but it might correct it.

If the game still glitches out, it might be just the game. Then I would reach out to [email protected].

Let them know about the adapter either way.

Sep 7, 2018 at 8:37:03 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Ronin64

Hi,
I've been loving my AVS, but something happened about a week and a half ago. I turned it on and heard the sound of electrical short and turned it off right away. So I checked the USB adapter it came with and it was warm. So I tried plugging in an old ios device to see if it would charge, but nothing, the adapter was fried. So then I plugged in my AVS into my TVs USB port and it turned on but the hud was completely scrambled. So I turned it off and on again and it worked fine. Until I started playing Black Box Challenge Homebrew. The game played normally the whole way through but when I finished the game this is what happened at the credits....

This is exactly what happened after turning my AVS on after the USB adapter fried.
So, is this a known issue with Black Box Challenge on the AVS or is this something wrong with my AVS?
Also, I have played other games fine after the USB adapter fried. This is the first time this has happened since.

So I had this exact same thing happen in the credits with Black Box Challenge when I was over 90ish percent on completion (It didn't do it the first time I completed the game with a lot less done). However, once I got 100% it cleared up again. It's a glitch in the way Sly Dog Studios programmed the game. 

-------------------------

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:49:45 PM
Ronin64 (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Its good to hear it a bug with the game. Now I guess I gotta find the missing two carts to get 100% so I can see the ending properly. Thanks.