Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My (Never Quite) Complete Mega Man Collection Warning: VERY Pic Heavy! — Latest additions: MM Production Artwork!

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:30:14 PM
sumb2else (54)
(Ben M) < Crack Trooper >
District of Columbia

Hi everyone!

So I finally got around to taking new pics of ALL (I think) my Mega Man stuff!  It's not the bigget collection I've seen, but I think it's more than respectable.  I've probably been working on it for about 4 years now, but in the past 2 years I haven't really gotten too much new stuff.  Mostly little additions here and there.  I think I pretty much consider my collection complete, but as we all know, there's always something else out there to be discovered.  As I get new things or remember stuff I missed, I'll add to this thread.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

And without any further adieu:

Games
So here is my collection of games.  To keep it all somewhat under control, I limited myself to only the original series and the X series, since that's what I was always really into playing. That said, there's easily over 120 distinct releases from JUST that set. At this point I consider it complete, and I'm just focusing on fun toys or accessories that occasionally come out. More on those further down. It's not like they're releasing any more games it seems at this point anyway!

Of course the basic NES series starts us off.

The SNES set I'm especially proud of as I was the original owner for all but MM Soccer, so they're in pristine condition. I'm just glad I had the foresight to keep the boxes all this time!

Unfortunately though the game boy set I had all but 5 from childhood, I didn't think to keep the boxes, so I had to get those again. Miraculously IV I got for a relative steal, and V was even better, someone was selling a game and box for $39 BIN, so then it was just a matter of the book!

Player's Choice versions

Mega Man 8 for both PSX and Saturn, the PSX one still has the little anniversary art book included.

The remainder of the X series

MM Anniversary Collection. I never got used to the way they mapped the buttons to new controllers, so I never got super into these.

PAL Set
So these were probably the toughest to get, and for the most part the most expensive. Lots of asking ebay sellers in germany to make an exception and ship to the US!

Basic NES set again, note how MM6 wasn't released in PAL territories, but Germany had a special MM2 box (with a flying guts dozer no less!)

These SUCKED to get, they're all super rare and super expensive. The worst by far was MMX3, which the seller only took bank transfers so I had to do a direct transfer from my back to his, which not only cost like $45, but also had absolutely no buyer protection. It was stressful to say the least. Second most nail biting purchase!

Which brings us to the MOST stressful one. IV once again took forever to get, but V took a few years off my life. The guy lived in Germany, spoke broken English, and would only trade after his ebay sale went without bidders. I had to buy all this NTSC Sega 32X stuff and mail it to him and he would mail me MMV. Super stressful, but it all worked out in the end! I think that was the last big game I needed to get.

The rest of the PAL X games.

Japanese Set
These have some of my favories, both because of the awesome box art and also just because they're so different from the way stuff looks in the US.

Original famicom set, plus a game called Rockboard that never saw a western release

Super Famicom games (Including Rockman and Forte, which was later released for the GBA)

Super Famicom X series. The rightmost one is a Korean release.

One of the reasons I love the Japanese Game Boy games is the tiny boxes they come in, easily half the size of the US and PAL boxes.

The rest of the X series on PSX, that Special Edition RMX4 on the bottom right took a lot of scrounging on Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Saturn set, same thing applies to the Special Edition one here, though it was easier than the PSX ones.

Rockman the Power Battle on the left, it got an arcade release in the west, and Rockman Battle and Fighters for Neo Geo Pocket Color on the right

I love this set, the big box is about the size of an LP and it has all the PSX releasesof the original series as well as X7 and some pins.

Speaking of the PSX releasesof the original series, these have some of my favorite artwork ever.

Games for Mega Drive, Genesis, and Game Gear. Unlike most folks I didn't have any major problems with the Game Gear game, of all places I got it off craigslist! The toughest in this set was the PAL Wily Wars, but it still asn't too bad. The NTSC one is a repro.

Rockman Battle and Chase, i really wish this one had come out in the US.

The Command mission set in NTSC, PAL, and Japanese releases.

The Megaman X Game Boy Color set in NTSC, PAL, and Japanese releases.

The PSP remake set in NTSC, PAL, and Japanese releases.

Mega Man and Bass US, PAL, Japanese, and Wonderswan releases

Offficial MM9 and custom made MM10 presskits.

A few PC releases. I'm generally not that interested in finding ALL of them, it's near impossible and very expensive, but if one comes up and it's not super pricey, i'll go for it.

Korean PC Games

My Inafune signed boxes. I was at a comicon a few years back and amazingly he was there too promoting the ill_fated Legends 3 and Megaman Online. It was totally awesome and I got him to sign the first MM game ever, the first one i ever played (MM3) and my all time favorite (MMX). I also sweet talked (through a translater) a sketch too! It's further down on the page.

Keshi
The next biggest category of MM stuff is my Keshi (or little rubber guy) collection. These are equally as hard to get as many games, cause they were just cheapy little toys that usually came in plastic capsules in Japan, so they're pretty obscure. On the other hand, there are people that collect Keshi just as fervently as any video game, and they can get super expensive and you can go years between seeing one on YJP. Still though, they're awesome, they made a ton of characters from each game. Often they're the only physical models of a character, they're super small, but SO detailed. They're also impossible to photograph, for some reason the brights colors always look super blown out. I have almost a complete set, I just need a few accessories/weapons, and an arm or two! NOTE: If you open any of these images on its own, it'll be bigger so you can see more detail.

Rockman 4 - This set is complete, many on the tree and with items still attached.

Rockman 5 - Almost complete, just missing weapons for Crystal Man and Star Man

Rockman 6 - Almost complete, just missing Flame Man's accessory baddie

Rockman 7 - This is my favorite set, they made SO many characters, including mini bosses and longtime series favorites like sniper joe. The quality and detail also made ahuge jump from previous sets. This one is also complete.

Rockman 8 - This set came in boxes and i managed to get a few It's also complete

Rockman 8 (Super Deformed) - These guys are super cute and also are some of the only ones to come in clear. Complete too

Rockman Mega World (Wily Wars in the west) This one was small, so easy to complete

Rockman X - This one also comes with a bunch of great tiny accessory guys. Complete set too

Rockman X2 - Note the Mecha on the bottom row with the TINY Mega Man in it, it's a huge pain to get, as is the ride thingy on the bottom right. These come in multiple pieces, so it's tough to get theom complete (hence MM's mismatched arms) Aside fom the mismatched arms, this is complete.

Rockman X3 - this is by far the toughest lot to get, some of these guys can go for $50-$100 EACH. This is actually two sets, one where they come in one piece and one where they break apart into body/left arm/right arm. As always, the multi piece ones like the mechs and big guys up top are the rare ones. I almost have all of these, just a sword, missing head, and little accessory to go! Open this pic in a new tab for more detail.

Gold Rockman X3 - These cropped up on ebay a while back, I think they're bootlegged vacmetaled figures, i can't get any better story than that, but they sure are shiny!

Rockman X3 Super Deformed. Almost complete except a missing Sigma and one arm for a MM.

Rockman 7 - These are actually pencil toppers, but they're great, it's also nice that they're painted! Full set

Rockman X pencil toppers - missing a few of these

Rockman X2 pencil toppers - missing a few of these

Rockman X3 pencil toppers - complete set

Some sort of box that keshi came in and has a board for playing a game with them. This was a freebie that someone threw in with other stuff i bought, so I don't have a full story.

Rockman 5 battle can - also some sort of game that can be played with ruber guys

Rockman Battle and Chase - these are little cars that you can put together, i've never opened the boxes though

Bandai Carddass
The next big group of stuff are the collector cards. As a kid I was a huge card collector, so this was a no brainer. Like the Keshis, these rarely are seen outside of Japan, but I love them. Great artwork, plus they don't take up much room! All the sets are complete, which is also really nice.

Series 2 - yeah, I know there's no pic of series 1, but i have it and i just didn't get a change to shoot it. Anyway, series 2 has content from the first 3 Mega Man games. All the series have 6 prisms to start and the 36 regular cards.

Series 3 - It looks like i'm missing one, but it's just an old pic

Series 4

Series 5 - focuses just on the 5th Game Boy Game

Series 6 - focuses on Rockman 7 art

Giant versions of RM4 and RM5 prisms

Rockman X

Rockman X2

Rockman X3

Rockman Barcode Wars - this was some sort of pack of cards that i think acould be played within a larger barcode wars game. No idea how it works. It also has 8 prism cards of the weapons from Rockman 5, but this pic is old.

Some sort of card game based on Rockman 5. I think there's another set like this one out there, but I haven't found it yet

Special binders to hold X2 and X3 sets. I wish they made more.

Giant Carddass. No idea what they are from or for. They're about the size of 9 regular cards.

Rockman Doujin Cards. Set of 100 (i think) cards featuring amazing fan artwork from japan. Make sure to open in a new tab/window to see more details. They're awesome.

Finally a US set! This one from Artbox.

Nintendo Power MMX2 card set

Super Power Club Cards, one that came from a Kellogs cereal box, and a Japanese phone card

Deck of cards featuring X series artwork. Feels like a bootleg to me, but who knows.

Model Kits
next up are my model kits, these are also some of my favorite stuff. They come as unpainted resin in many small pieces, so first you have to pain them all, then glue it all together. Like the Keshis, these are some of the only physical representations of a lot of these characters. The sucky part (on top of all the work) is that they're all garage kits from Wonder Festival in Japan, so they come in super tiny runs (like 50) and can only be purchased on site there because of licnsing issues. If you get lucky though, occasionally a kit onebay or YJP

Atelier-Sai Forte - Before the D-Arts set came out, this was like the only good Forte figure out there. This one came painted (except the eyes), but without ball joints, so i had to figure out what to get to actually put him together! He's posable, but very fragile. He was my first model kit. 

Planeswalker Yellow Devil - I love this guy, it really is a shame that they're never released a figure of him before! Anyway, he's not posible, and had to be painted and glued together, but he was good practice for much harder kits.

Planeswalker Rockman Killers (and yes, i know that technically doesn't count Quint, but whatever, it makes sense to group them!) These guts came in about 15 pieces each and had to be hand painted. It probably took about a month to do them all. Took over the whole dining room table. I'm super happy with how they all came out.

Planeswalker Mini Metal Man. He came in a lot with the Kilers. Planeswalker is doing another 3 in this style for WF2014. I'm really hoping I can snag them at some point for a not insane price.

I know these Koto figures aren't really model kits, but it made sense to put them here

One thing i've been donig with the Koto sets is making custom weapon ones from MM2. They're coming out great, I just need 3 more (in case anyone is selling!!!)

Rockman 4 Model kits - don't quite fit here, but once again, i didn't know where else to put them!

More Figures and Toys
Pretty much all my DArts stuff, they're great, but pretty common and well known at this point, so they probably don't warrent much explanation. Also included here are recent sets like bearbricks, the mini keychains, soul modeling set, and painted sets (like Keshi DX)

X1 Zero, X & Vile reenacting old times

Full armor X and Type 2 Zero

Black Zero and Sigma. The kitty tail is just an added bonus.

SDCC Metallic X

Mega Man & Bass. I love that they came with their dogs

Rockman 4 set - They're just like the keshi, just a slightly metallic blue color. They also come with a game board, no idea how to play.

Bandai finally graduated to prepainted figures with Rockman 5

Rockman 6 set

Rockman Sound and Light - they lit up and made noise if you can believe it. I love the artwork for these.

Meag Man & MMX dioramas

Keychains

Marvel vs. Capcom Minimates

Nanblocks - i love these, i just wish they were facing each other!

Bearbricks

Soul Modeling set - There was also a Mega Man Zero in there, but he's boxed up since he doesn't fit in

Artwork/Posters/Books

Custom sketch by comic artist Mike DeCarlo

Cel from Captain N featuring MM and Rush

Ruby spears cartoon sketch of protoman

My Inafune sketch that I got directly from him as comicon. I think i was #3 in line, everyone else was just there to get stuff signed (i did that too), but nobody though to ask for a sketch. He was very nice, didn't speak a word of english, and i bowed a lot!

Two of my most unique pieces - original art slides from Capcom for MMX3. There were also alides of all the weapons from MM7, but i was sniped at the last second by another MM Collector. No hard feelings though, plus if he ever sells, I'm first on the list!

Retail sign for the Anniversary Collection

I usually don't pay attention to marvel vs Capcom, but the poster was to good to resist

15th anniversary banner thing

Another MM Collection Promo Piece

Wall Decals. kind of missed the boat on these, they sold out before i got them, thankfully someone had them on ebay recently.

No ide what this poster is for, it's like a combination of MMII for Game Boy and MM5 for NES

MM3 Poster - no idea of the origins of this one either, but it has a lot of great art

MM9 and MM10 posters

Nintendo Power Posters and other MM9 ones

Random kids storybook. It's got thick cardboard pages and roughly seems to tell a story about Plant Man being brainwashed and kidnapping Roll

Art books

Megamix and Gigamix comics

Misc Stuff
This is all the random stuff I've found that I think is neat, but doesn't fit in with everything else!

SNES Vidpro cards- remember these from Toys R Us?

NES Vidpro cards - just a few left to go. MM4 is super faded, but wht can you do

Game Boy Vidpro cards

My plushies set. The ones on the left are from Banpresto and came in claw machines in Japan. Rockman and Blues are pretty easy to come by, the met was much tougher and Rush took forever

Rush plush tissue box cover. Too cool to resist, wish it had been cheaper! Also, without a box inside, he tends to be a little droopy and unfortunately his hard is hard to keep up.

Giant Plush E-Tank

Rockman soundtracks - many of these have awesome art. This is by no means a complete set, but the few that are left are stupid expensive.

Rockman mini CD soundtracks

Mega Man 10 press kit stuff

Mega Man 9 shirt

Mega Man 9 E-Tank energy drinks

Mega Man 10 E-Tank energy drinks

Inafune signed shirt (up for offers!!), a few other shirts, and a met style do-rag. The idea was to wrap it around your head and it would look like a hard hat. Clever idea, I can't verify if it works or not though

Rockman stencils. You trace through themand then can color in your fancy new professional drawings. The little plus signs make me think there's some sort or tray they fit into, but like so much else, i really don't know.

Rockmanju - cupcakey/pastry things that came in these great boxes to look like Rockman 1 and a hypothetical Rockaman 10. These boxes are way bigger than Famicom boxes, but the proportions are pretty close.

Rockman post cards

Rockman 7 Stickers

POGS!

Mugs, the left one is an anniversary one, and the right is from fangamer

MMX Game Cube controller

Vending machine stickers, I still have a lot more of these if anyone is interested!

Promo foam Mega Buster and Arthur's lance from comicons

These guys are a big 'ol mystery. They're coins featuring characters from Mega Man 1. All I know is they're super neat, and I have all of them except for Ice Man.

Edited: 05/08/2014 at 01:08 PM by sumb2else

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:37:44 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
I dont even know what to say, what a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing it.

-------------------------
SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:38:48 PM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Absolutely incredible. Those pics are really fun to look at.

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:40:57 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Congrats, man that is a lot of Mega man to say the least!

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:48:12 PM
dirtbrother (64)
(Switch Bender) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Wow...that is IMPRESSIVE.

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:10:43 PM
daywalker2k2 (107)
(Marbin Batres) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Wow, thanks for sharing!! I learned a lot of stuff!

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:13:00 PM
sumb2else (54)
District of Columbia
Thanks! One of my favorite things to do is look at other people's collections because they're so informative. Plus what's the fun in having all this stuff if you can't share it

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:13:23 PM
Nesmaster (57)
(Trolling Thunder ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
I can see the absolute dedication and work that went into your collection. Probably the most impressive MM collection I have seen.

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:20:35 PM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
This is absolutely incredible. I feel your pain getting the PAL releases. I myself live in the centre of the PAL territory and I can confirm that especially the SNES games are a complete bitch to get and incredibly expensive. For X3 you have to think CIB Hagane level expensive. Just saying.
Also the german Mega Man 2 box is so much better than the others
Could you take a picture of the shelf all this stuff stands in? I suppose you have a specific area for these

Looking for a copy of Sega Rally on the N-Gage

Playstation 3 Collection: 999/1???
Philips Videopac Collection: 67/69
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: C 239/239 - I 126/239 - B 94/239
Sega Master System PAL Collection (CB): 166/269
Sega Dreamcast PAL Collection: 52/216

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:44:04 PM
y2ross (54)
(A R) < Meka Chicken >
Saskatchewan
That is really cool. Thanks for sharing!

"Old video games couldn't be won, they got harder and faster until you died.  Just like real life"

Help me pay for my wedding, check out my FO/FS thread HERE

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:45:42 PM
sumb2else (54)
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: Beliskner

This is absolutely incredible. I feel your pain getting the PAL releases. I myself live in the centre of the PAL territory and I can confirm that especially the SNES games are a complete bitch to get and incredibly expensive. For X3 you have to think CIB Hagane level expensive. Just saying.
Also the german Mega Man 2 box is so much better than the others
Could you take a picture of the shelf all this stuff stands in? I suppose you have a specific area for these
Yeah, I'm really happy I never have to go hunting for PAL games anymore!  

And I can't believe I forgot the big collection pic!  Here it is, unfortunately space is still a limitation so not everything can be visible at once, but i think I did the best with what i had to work with

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:50:57 PM
Dangoo87 (1)
< Meka Chicken >
England
So I heard you like rockman, nice collection! some very nice pieces i wasn't expecting!

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Recently Completed: Shovel Knight

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:56:16 PM
farmerdwight (37)
(Dwight Schrute) < Meka Chicken >
California
Do you have the Mega man DVD's for the tv series?

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:10:54 PM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
That is an awesome collection. Unreal.

Forte has a good collection as well...you may find some things you don't know about! Here's his thread:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 02/04/2014 at 04:11 PM by demanufacturedmario

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:16:13 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
We need to get that proto in your hands!!!!!!!!!!

FYI you need to get the MM icon to complete your collection.  PM a mod

Edited: 02/04/2014 at 04:24 PM by MinusWorlds

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:20:52 PM
Altus580 (3)
(Ryan Yeager) < Eggplant Wizard >
Delaware
Dude, thats out of control; in a good way! Awesome collection

NES 1/826

Physical NES Carts 586

Physical NES games owned -- Super Mario/Duck Hunt

I hunt "wild only". I find a lot of SMBDH carts.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:34:50 PM
vcube1234 (31)
< Kraid Killer >
Illinois
I envy you.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:43:52 PM
Brunog (34)
( Mark ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Georgia
You sir must really love Mega Man!

Very nice.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:52:47 PM
sumb2else (54)
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: farmerdwight

Do you have the Mega man DVD's for the tv series?

I actually don't, somehow in my warped mind, i never got to wanting those.  I started with games, then went to the keshi and cards, then various toys.  I might get to other media (like the comic books too), but for now I think my main focus is still obscore stuff from japan.  Part of the big draw for me is the artworks and packaging too, which usually means getting stuff from japan.

Originally posted by: demanufacturedmario

That is an awesome collection. Unreal.

Forte has a good collection as well...you may find some things you don't know about! Here's his thread:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&...

Oh, i'm already a big fan of his collection, he has tons of model kits and toys that i never hoped to try to get.  He also has more room to dedicate to his collection, and i'm very jealous of that.   I actually sold him some of my extras recently

Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

We need to get that proto in your hands!!!!!!!!!!

FYI you need to get the MM icon to complete your collection.  PM a mod

And tell me about it!  I was hoping seeing my collection would help sway my case

And I already tried to get an icon, but apparently the fact that i don't have star force, battle network, etc means that i'm not a big enough fan.  I lobbied hard for it, but in the end the rules are the rules, alas.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:55:10 PM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
very cool!

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:03:58 PM
the_hudge27 (52)
(Shawn M) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Holy....shit. Amazing to look at.

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:13:33 PM
Kelp (22)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
Holy buckets. Not only is the collection incredible, but the stories you have about attaining some of the games are equally as impressive.

N64 Guide for Paper Inserts and Items

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:08:36 PM
IliveinWilysCastle (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
This is so awesome.

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:06:51 PM
Greerdom (16)
(Jason ) < Tourian Tourist >
Arizona
Love the figures and custom weapons!! Incredible collection overall. Thanks for the education.

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:37:04 PM
Peteroski (1)
(Peter ) < Tourian Tourist >
Netherlands
Wow, that's a great collection. Funny how the pal games were so hard to get. I actually got mega man 8 ntsc and mega man x2, x3 and 7 ntsc-j because they were a LOT cheaper that way.