Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Mario World - Physics patched

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:36:39 AM
19rsn007 (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Hey people,

I've been playing around with the Super Mario World port by Hummer Team.
I liked the game, but running and jumping was awful !
Some pits were almost impossible to jump over and running almost instantly made me run into enemies because mario was running like sonic (speedwise)

This evening I took the rom for a little trip down debugging road and after a while I managed to slow down the running.

After patching the running, I looked at the jumping routines in the rom and I also managed to make mario jump without slowing down so much and some pits I really found difficult to jump can be jumped much easier now.

the patched rom can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/da2a3tdsfw28drq/Super_Mari...

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:49:59 AM
Gorillazero (53)
(Well That's Just Prime) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: 19rsn007

Hey people,

I've been playing around with the Super Mario World port by Hummer Team.
I liked the game, but running and jumping was awful !
Some pits were almost impossible to jump over and running almost instantly made me run into enemies because mario was running like sonic (speedwise)

This evening I took the rom for a little trip down debugging road and after a while I managed to slow down the running.

After patching the running, I looked at the jumping routines in the rom and I also managed to make mario jump without slowing down so much and some pits I really found difficult to jump can be jumped much easier now.

the patched rom can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/da2a3tdsfw28drq/Super_Mari...

You can't do roms, you need a ips,ninja or beat patcher. Nice work.

-------------------------
Bounty: Neo Geo Pocket and Color Games PAL/UK. Dive Alert, Pocket Reversi, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:42:47 AM
19rsn007 (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
oops, didn't know that.
do I need to create an IPS patch for the rom and put it here instead of the full rom ?

This is the full version (not the incomplete version which can be found all over the internet)

Did you try this out yet?
If so, do you notice the difference, cause I sure do!

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:35:26 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Could you fix the title? I almost thought this was about my hack of Devil World, or regular SMW.

If only this game could work on the Everdrive.

While you're making fixes, could you slow down Yoshi a bit? It's really hard catching him because now Mario runs as fast as he does.

Edited: 12/21/2015 at 01:37 PM by Guntz

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:16:29 PM
19rsn007 (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Guntz

Could you fix the title? I almost thought this was about my hack of Devil World, or regular SMW.

If only this game could work on the Everdrive.

While you're making fixes, could you slow down Yoshi a bit? It's really hard catching him because now Mario runs as fast as he does.
Ok, I'll see if I can slow down yoshi
but what about the rest of the playability ? better than before ?

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:47:36 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Yeah, the current fixes should make the game significantly easier to play. I'll post here again if I find any other issues.