Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What does the internet think of Nintendo Age

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:49:45 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
I was on my phone early and went to pull up nintendoage.com by entering it into the address bar but spelt it incorrectly.
Google pulled up a bunch random Nintendo Age related links. Here's a few that I came across:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/91...
http://www.hockeyfights.com/forum...

I found a lot of these pretty funny, but it seems like there is a few folks out there that don't like this place, and really like to bitch.
I also came across Dain's Twitter, Penguin's Youtube, Subcon's books, and Sivak's Nintendoage site. So not everything was negative.

-------------------------
Playas Guide Logo

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:06:41 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
The gamefaqs one surprised me, all the replies seemed pretty level headed. That OP was a clown though

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:09:50 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: BertBerryCrunch

The gamefaqs one surprised me, all the replies seemed pretty level headed. That OP was a clown though

Bert, i know we havnt known each other long and i normally wouldnt be so forward but i really wanna munch your cupcake.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:13:03 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Can we not talk about Pat vs Nintendoage? It never ends well, and there's nothing more to be said, really.

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:31:48 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
I try not to worry about what other people think of NA. If they like it, they're here and they're my kind of people. If they hate it, they aren't here and usually find reasons to hate this site. I know it's a good place, so whatev.

I am guessing this will be locked before we get to 50 replies because some people here have a hard time not retaliating the hate.

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:33:57 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Those hockey fight guys seem like douchebags.

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:35:59 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: DQ187

Bert, i know we havnt known each other long and i normally wouldnt be so forward but i really wanna munch your muffin.

Fixed it for ya  

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:37:49 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario

Most of the people bitching seem to be, and folks that don't have their own opinion follow.

Playas Guide Logo

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:44:35 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Well the hockeyfights guy was subjected to assholery. I defended him then and id do it again now but this community nowadays has far fewer bullies so i think we're good.

Edited: 02/13/2017 at 07:47 PM by XYZ

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:46:23 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Br81zad

Bert, i know we havnt known each other long and i normally wouldnt be so forward but i really wanna munch your muffin.

Fixed it for ya  

Reminded me of thia for some reason  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:23:39 PM
GoldeneyeGamer (25)
(Donald H) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
Majority of the internet doesn't know we exist, those who do generally are either for or against NA with no real in between.

I'm going to college! Sales thread for funding that's here.
Owner of post 5001 in the Aquarius thread.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:40:06 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
I get my opinion from the source. Most of the people who have something negative to say about NA don't seem to be able to back up their stories.

NA Rocks.... All these other assclowns saying otherwise don't know what they're talking about.

Ps. I also want to munch Bert's muffin.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:41:09 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Haha I remember that hockey demo thread. ~5 years ago, that's pretty insane. Also, people bitched that his price was too high on the plaque ($400) and it sold for $125... so... NA wins?

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:46:26 PM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
There are other websites with other opinions in the world? #NAisLife

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:15:11 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

Fixed it for ya  

Will someone please explain the damn cupcake vs. muffin thing? I keep seeing bits and pieces, but have no idea why this is a thing.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:05:10 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

Well, no surprise, the OP is a banned member from here, just a troll who wanted to sell illegal repros for money.  He was really negative over on DP too.  If you look at page 2 of the GameFAQs thread, toastedmuffin89 says his ID is needler420 on CAG.  Here's one of needler420's best threads here:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Anyways, in my experience, some of the most negative naysayers are banned members. And contrary to popular belief, it does take a lot to get banned.  You get a warning, mods have to discuss it internally, etc.  We aren't just banning people on a whim.

Regardless there's just a lot of anomosity involved in the hobby... partly because money brings out the worst in people.  Gamers hate collectors, because collectors raise prices.  Buyers hate resellers because resellers raise prices.  Cart guys hate sealed because games are meant to be played.  Youtube hates NA because we're elitists.  It's just one pathetic excuse after so someone can justify their negativity.

Or, maybe grow up a little bit and realize that the internet isn't such serious business afterall.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 02/14/2017 at 07:05 AM by jonebone

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:11:35 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: NESfiend

Fixed it for ya  

Will someone please explain the damn cupcake vs. muffin thing? I keep seeing bits and pieces, but have no idea why this is a thing.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

You might find your answers there.

Just reading the GameFaq's article and watching the YouTube videos.

haha... This Gamefaq's guy is just crusty. Thanks to Jone for the background. "I'm hoping that this counterfeit reproduction scene stabilizes prices." Haha, yeah... Can't see why that didn't go over well.

Jonebone's right, too... people take this stuff way too seriously. Maybe I do myself....

Generally, when topics get brought up around here, people answer honest and frankly. I can't see anything wrong with that.

Sometimes that comes across rude, because there's no way to convey tone within the text, so I understand if "outsiders" read some things, or someone comes in and gets "harshed" on in the thread and they take it the wrong way.

Most times there will be several sarastic and "joking" responses, too. Because there's a lot of dry humour here. Myself being one of them.

Or if  a "YouTuber" reads through a thread and takes everything at face value, they shit all over NA in their videos/podcast. They forget theat we're pat of the internet too, where people won't mince words if they don't like you. If someone doesn't like what you're doing, they'll say it. NintendoAge is no different.

The majority of us seem to be level headed, and pretty honest in our responses. Sure, some people are more "harsh" than others, but it's a lot more civil and respectful here than other forums.

I can't see why NA gets branded "The Elite", but if that keeps mouth breathing neandrathals that exist in other forums and Facebook groups away from here, then I'm happy for it.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:34:54 AM
Gentlegamer (15)
< El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: jonebone

Well, no surprise, the OP is a banned member from here, just a troll who wanted to sell illegal repros for money.

All "repros" are illegal bootlegs, which are allowed to be sold and often promoted by NA itself.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:12:36 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
Why doesn't Pat or Tim understand that Joel's purple gannon likes getting rekt on cornball muffins?

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:30:23 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
That guy Qix was a jackass in those threads!

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:31:08 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Rule #5 of life- not everybody is gonna like you.

Every place on the internet has their share of idiots; we try to keep them at bay. Of course they're gonna be pissed at not being allowed here/not being bowed down to here/etc.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:09:08 PM
mattbep (107)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Gentlegamer

Well, no surprise, the OP is a banned member from here, just a troll who wanted to sell illegal repros for money.

All "repros" are illegal bootlegs, which are allowed to be sold and often promoted by NA itself.

Nice horse you have there. Very tall. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:00:05 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: mattbep

He's making a valid point.

We (NAge) are pretty lax about repro selling, in general, so to make a statement about the issue with the guy was selling "illegal repros for money" is going to sound hypocritical on its face.

I don't recall the specific issue, but typically, we crack down on repros of released games (i.e. intended forgeries, or otherwise), but leave unreleased or out-of-region stuff alone, for the most part.

The point is, there is nuance to that aspect of the hobby that was lost in Jonas' blanket remark, making an easy target for Gentlegamer's (valid) retort.

It's not high-horsing, IMO. 
It's pointing out a potentially hypocritical statement from a mod that probably called for more subtly in the first place.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:02:16 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: mattbep

He's making a valid point.

We (NAge) are pretty lax about repro selling, in general, so to make a statement about the issue with the guy was selling "illegal repros for money" is going to sound hypocritical on its face.

I don't recall the specific issue, but typically, we crack down on repros of released games (i.e. intended forgeries, or otherwise), but leave unreleased or out-of-region stuff alone, for the most part.

The point is, there is nuance to that aspect of the hobby that was lost in Jonas' blanket remark, making an easy target for Gentlegamer's (valid) retort.

It's not high-horsing, IMO. 
It's pointing out a potentially hypocritical statement from a mod that probably called for more subtly in the first place.

Well said!

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:09:47 PM
mattbep (107)
Pennsylvania
Lax on unreleased and hacked stuff, things that are not a risk of being pawned off as legit. You should know this by now.