Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

After years of waiting...it is here and it's beautiful! Nothing to see here, just a case of Stadium Events

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:10:21 AM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Maybe its me............. but why does the rest of the eBay auctions he has listed has bright pictures but the SE and Soccer look like garbage but they were on taken on or around the same time?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/atwoodtm/...

In all honesty I can't give this any praise............ still as much as a myth as it was before

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:16:37 AM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Incredible! I didn't think it could happen.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:25:32 AM
Fahrenheit (36)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
The most shocking part about this entire thing was that some people believed that it was only a "rumor" that a sealed case of these existed. News flash, chances are that there's most likely a sealed case of every licensed NES/Snes/N64 etc. game out there, including even CF:SC. It's actually almost impossible to believe that there wouldn't be. It's just a matter of "when" we'll see them.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:45:02 AM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Sealed case of soccer? Jesus free holy.

-------------------------
May the force be with you.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:53:45 AM
AlexElectric (4)
< El Ripper >
Alberta
It makes sense that Nintendo would create separate UPCs for the case so they could track how many cases went to distributors/wholesalers. While the UPC on each game allows the retailers they ended up with to track individual game sales. Not everything is like this but some products I buy through work have both a carton UPC and one for the individual item.

The first 6 digits signify the company, every number after that is in order by product, as they create a new product they do the next number in series. Then the final number is a check digit that a UPC creation tool spits back at you when you punch in the first 11 digits.

Edited: 03/17/2016 at 03:58 AM by AlexElectric

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:23:10 AM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
Sooo is anybody here going for a full nes case set?

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:31:29 AM
Pheidian (14)
< Meka Chicken >
Finland
It would make sense some place have accidentally stored these and not returned to Nintendo, so I am not saying it is not or it is legit. If it is legit, it is way awesome. Though I doubt it would be worth the 6 x sealed stadium event price...

Collecting licensed NES games: 710 of 711 - DONE! (Mah Jong Missing)

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:13:08 AM
AJ_the_gym_leader (6)

(AJ Lewandoski) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Any back story with this like where he got it or how much he paid? It's awesome to see something like this. Is he from Michigan? That's what I think I got from those other threads someone posted.

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:19:37 AM
Roiroiroi (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Netherlands
Damn!

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:26:02 AM
PhearedPhool (75)
< El Ripper >
Oregon
https://www.reddit.com/r/nes/comm...

look what you have started!!!

Looking for Nintendo signage/cabinets!!!

I have Exertainment Lifecycle 9xs for sale. Looking for NWC/low serial number SNES/NES and authorized repair center items.

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:28:53 AM
Niku-Sama (0)
< Little Mac >
Oregon
hmm, its interesting that they really haven't changed the way they ship things in 30 years even down to the labeling on the box and the tape on it. infact I use 3DS 5 quantity case shippers for boxed SNES and N64 games. perfect fit.

out of curiosity does this time guy have any Master Packs for any old NES games?

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:29:33 AM
nismo33 (21)
(David R) < Eggplant Wizard >
Australia
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing MinusWorlds!

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:53:45 AM
MUSOM ThunderingHerd (0)

< Cherub >
West Virginia
Very interesting!! Thanks for sharing!

I'd be interested to see how fast the SE collectors come out trying to prove this is a fake in order to try and make sure the value of the game doesn't drop.

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:18:05 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Good to see some photo confirmation finally.  I noticed that he was selling your Zero Kamikaze Squirrel you had a couple months ago, so I'm assuming you traded and had recent contact.

My .02 on everything, it most certainly devalues SE (both as a CIB and Sealed), but marginally. As stated, these copies aren't for sale (yet). It doesn't hurt the people going for a set as they still need it... but many CIB/Sealed collectors accept the -1 set now. What it does hurt are the speculative buyers, the type to buy/hold flip after 6 months, a year, 2 years, etc. Whatever that time frame may be. There's no reason to buy a $25k-$50k game with the expectations of profiting when you have no idea that extra supply would be unloaded.

Of course, the counterpoint is that not every collector is on NA, so every potential buyer may not be privvy to this information. It certainly hurts some, but it isn't a death knoll on SE price or anything.

As to the points about devaluing from the perspective of the seller, who cares? Call me crazy, but I doubt he paid $25k a piece ($150k for the case). Let's make up a number and say he paid $20k for the entire case (probably less). Well if he can sell each for $20k, $30k, or $40k, he's still coming out way ahead. He won't lose any sleep over it.

And as for the VGA thing, the Uncirculated designation is meaningless in this case. He's devaluing the value of SE CIB / Sealed much more by posting a photo of the case than he would be by opening that case and selling raw. There would be absolutely no premium for a U grade, and people would pay significantly higher if he promised them the "best looking copy" in the case.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 03/17/2016 at 07:18 AM by jonebone

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:30:24 AM
compile_6502 (4)

< Eggplant Wizard >
If it's real he probably got it super cheap somehow.

No one is going to think its worth 5 figures or even 4 figures if they don't know about Stadium Events. If they know about Stadium Events, why on earth would they sell a sealed case for less than the value of 1 copy?

I realize you just threw some random number out there but yeah...

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:01:36 AM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: jonebone

Good to see some photo confirmation finally.  I noticed that he was selling your Zero Kamikaze Squirrel you had a couple months ago, so I'm assuming you traded and had recent contact.

My .02 on everything, it most certainly devalues SE (both as a CIB and Sealed), but marginally. As stated, these copies aren't for sale (yet). It doesn't hurt the people going for a set as they still need it... but many CIB/Sealed collectors accept the -1 set now. What it does hurt are the speculative buyers, the type to buy/hold flip after 6 months, a year, 2 years, etc. Whatever that time frame may be. There's no reason to buy a $25k-$50k game with the expectations of profiting when you have no idea that extra supply would be unloaded.

Of course, the counterpoint is that not every collector is on NA, so every potential buyer may not be privvy to this information. It certainly hurts some, but it isn't a death knoll on SE price or anything.

As to the points about devaluing from the perspective of the seller, who cares? Call me crazy, but I doubt he paid $25k a piece ($150k for the case). Let's make up a number and say he paid $20k for the entire case (probably less). Well if he can sell each for $20k, $30k, or $40k, he's still coming out way ahead. He won't lose any sleep over it.

And as for the VGA thing, the Uncirculated designation is meaningless in this case. He's devaluing the value of SE CIB / Sealed much more by posting a photo of the case than he would be by opening that case and selling raw. There would be absolutely no premium for a U grade, and people would pay significantly higher if he promised them the "best looking copy" in the case.

That isn't my Zero. Yes he has my Zero via a trade but the one in the auction was pulled from a case. It's nicer than mine was and you'll notice it still has the plastic hangtab. I had removed mine like I always do. 

I talk to Tim all the time. Like I have said years ago, I consider him a friend.  It sucked hearing people call him a liar when I knew otherwise but he doesn't care. He's just a quiet guy and a collector. 

I don't think he'll sell, ever. You might be right when it comes to the effect on price. I'll say this, when something comes up for sale and I know he is sitting on a case of it, I still go after it. I don't consider his games as part of the supply. Now if he ever decided to sell. It would collapse the NES/SNES sealed market. Seriously. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:23:12 AM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: dqualls187

If this isn't your favorite piece fudge tastic I'd like to see what is

You will, soon. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:28:41 AM
xjwebb1982 (38)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
What an amazing story and thread to wake up and read today. Thanks for sharing, MinusWorlds!

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:45:04 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Tim has listed some insane stuff on eBay over the years, including cases of other htf black boxes in the last year or two. My understanding is Tim is a grandfather (hence the old website you guys don't like) and got in on this stuff on the ground floor before there were huge premiums. He was probably the first sealed Nintendo collector.

Thanks for sharing Tom.

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:47:20 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Can I get a link to the thread about this? News to me.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:49:00 AM
rarebucky (178)

(Adam Buchwald) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Waiting for the epic Bronty post!

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:54:21 AM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: rarebucky

Well to Dan's credit, he always believed him and supported him publicly about the cases. They had their issues but Dan did stuck up for Tim's claims even after they had their falling out. Can't we all just get along?

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:56:21 AM
rarebucky (178)

(Adam Buchwald) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

Well to Dan's credit, he always believed him and supported him publicly about the cases. They had their issues but Dan did stuck up for Tim's claims even after they had their falling out. Can't we all just get along?

You would think so but according to Tim, apparently not.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:00:26 AM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: K.Thrower

Tim has listed some insane stuff on eBay over the years, including cases of other htf black boxes in the last year or two. My understanding is Tim is a grandfather (hence the old website you guys don't like) and got in on this stuff on the ground floor before there were huge premiums. He was probably the first sealed Nintendo collector.

Thanks for sharing Tom.
You're welcome bud. I started in 01'. He had at least a 2 year head start on me. Off the top of my head I recall listings for a sealed Contra Force, Myriad, Mario and case fresh games where the case was opened and one copy sold.

I appreciate that most of the vets here are taking the pics as proof since they know the back story. Newer folks, I understand your apprehension and skepticism. This isn't a photo shop job. There's no conspiracy. 

Can we oficially designate this the "Atwood case"? 

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:03:33 AM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

You would think so but according to Tim, apparently not.

Hahaha. I know, I know. I tried man. The issues are much bigger than a couple of auctions. You know the story. As much as it upset me people called my friend a liar...it upsets him that people screwed me over too. Not you, but you get the point.