Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Its raining Stadium Events! (NOW WITH SEALED SE GOODNESS!)

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:06:45 AM
introless (24)
(random guy) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: smokinjoe24

Report this one. Already over 10k and its an obvious fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-Nintendo-Stadium-Events-NTSC_W0...

How so? I can't tell myself how it's fake, though the 0 feedback plus a description full of typical stuff you'd expect a scammer to spout out sort of hint at it being fake already.

This is officially most hated NES game now. So many people that aren't even gamers coming out to suddenly try to cash in on it, makes me sick :x I'd feel different if the majority of these guys actually appeared to be gamers and had a truely convincing story of just "finding" it magically just when all this hype around the game is happening but no, most sellers just try to go with the "I never even knew what it was and I too, moi you see, found it in the attic. What are the ODDS!?" Ugh..

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:10:33 AM
Marton (95)
(Martin T) < Ridley Wrangler >
Quebec
^That's a fake box, made with a picture of Bronty's sealed copy. You can see the damage printed on the lower right corner and a darker spot on the back where the hangtab is.

Plus, cart artwork is wrong, colors on booklet are wrongs, and everything is way to shiny.

-------------------------
Download my band's FREE ALBUM ! http://thenewrome.bandcamp.com/...

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:10:45 AM
tacolinowest (11)
(john t) < El Ripper >
New York
Originally posted by: introless

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-Nintendo-Stadium-Events-NTSC_W0QQite...

How so? I can't tell myself how it's fake, though the 0 feedback plus a description full of typical stuff you'd expect a scammer to spout out sort of hint at it being fake already.

This is officially most hated NES game now. So many people that aren't even gamers coming out to suddenly try to cash in on it, makes me sick :x I'd feel different if the majority of these guys actually appeared to be gamers and had a truely convincing story of just "finding" it magically just when all this hype around the game is happening but no, most sellers just try to go with the "I never even knew what it was and I too, moi you see, found it in the attic. What are the ODDS!?" Ugh..

you can tell its fake because they box looks so glossy, and the booklet doesent look right

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:37:49 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
So besides the $10k one we think is fake and the $1.5k CIB that NickRoss posted, it looks like another challenger has appeared:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BANDAI-S...

This SE craze sure has caused one big mess, that's for sure.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:52:05 AM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: tacolinowest

Originally posted by: introless

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-Nintendo-Stadium-Events-NTSC_W0QQite...

you can tell its fake because they box looks so glossy, and the booklet doesent look right

Plus if you look at the back of the box the sellers thumb is covering up the damaged spot on the scan in the database.

Freaking scammers

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:22:56 AM
Nostalgizoid! (25)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
I don't wanna sound like an "I told you so" jackass, but this is why I've always been against the scanning of game labels and box art. Ever since the practice starting springing up on Digitpress, I knew it would lead to nothing but trouble.

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:28:06 AM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
People steal photos, just do a google search to find whatever game you want to sell. Scanning doesn't make a difference.

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:33:22 AM
Nostalgizoid! (25)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

People steal photos, just do a google search to find whatever game you want to sell. Scanning doesn't make a difference.

True bunny, but at the same time, its alot harder to tell if a fake box is a fake if the person used a super high res scan to make it.

Not having HQ scans available won't STOP the scamming perse, but it will make it harder. What's the cost of not having HQ scans all over the net? Less pretty pictures to host on a site? I think its a worthwhile sacrifice. Either way, whats done is done, you can't UNscan all the stuff.

Edited: 03/11/2010 at 11:33 AM by Nostalgizoid!

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:39:18 AM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Ghost of Starman

True bunny, but at the same time, its alot harder to tell if a fake box is a fake if the person used a super high res scan to make it.

Not having HQ scans available won't STOP the scamming perse, but it will make it harder. What's the cost of not having HQ scans all over the net? Less pretty pictures to host on a site? I think its a worthwhile sacrifice. Either way, whats done is done, you can't UNscan all the stuff.

Actually the pretty pictures can help you not get scammed. Lets stop re arranging the furniture on the Titanic shall we?

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:44:11 AM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Nice water damage on that new sealed one

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:56:31 AM
Nostalgizoid! (25)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: pats1717

Originally posted by: Ghost of Starman

Actually the pretty pictures can help you not get scammed. Lets stop re arranging the furniture on the Titanic shall we?

So can contacting one of the many friendly members here who has had a copy for years and asking them to take a look. Due to the recent shenanigans, if I were in the market for a SE today I wouldn't even consider touching a copy that has no provenance.

I respect that other collectors have different opinions, and I'm done talking about it. I think its clear that I prefer to keep detailed information closely held within the community. Many of you think that all information, including scans of carts/manuals/boxes, should be out there and easily accessible. Fine by me. Just be prepared to debunk fake high value games more and more often as prices continue to rise and fakes get better and better.

Edited: 03/11/2010 at 12:04 PM by Nostalgizoid!

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:48:41 PM
Adol (0)

(Adol From France) < Tourian Tourist >
France
I was just wondering...did the $41000 SE winner finally paid or not? 

Edited: 03/11/2010 at 05:49 PM by Adol

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:02:20 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
not the last we checked. the last couple bidders are probably fake. last legit bids probably around 40k

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:55:25 PM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
that $13k auction was also relisted too and wasnt collected on right? thought someone said that somewhere.

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:59:05 PM
OzNEScollector (80)
(O z) < Kraid Killer >
Australia
^^no, it sold. a member here won it

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:21:13 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
have you guys seen this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BANDAI-S...

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:39:29 PM
Bella (104)
(Bellatrix Lestrange) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alabama
Originally posted by: nes_king

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BANDAI-STADIUM-EVENTS-SEALED_W...

Yea we saw it. Fake like the rest

I have bigger balls than any man out there... They just sit two feet higher!

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:02:54 PM
Dukert27 (42)
(Chris Falkner) < El Ripper >
Arkansas
lol wow just ran through the thread. so there was only 3 legit copies (41k,13k, and the current auction) right? or is there more real copies that i missed?

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."
~ Benjamin Franklin

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:22:04 PM
Marton (95)
(Martin T) < Ridley Wrangler >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Bella

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BANDAI-STADIUM-EVENTS-SEALED_W0QQit...

Are you sure it's a fake ? The seal looks fishy but the box looks legit to me...

Download my band's FREE ALBUM ! http://thenewrome.bandcamp.com/...

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:33:03 PM
BladeBraxton (0)

(Blade Braxton) < Cherub >
United States
Originally posted by: Dukert27

lol wow just ran through the thread. so there was only 3 legit copies (41k,13k, and the current auction) right? or is there more real copies that i missed?

I sold mine at the end of Feburary for $9400.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-STADIUM-EVENTS-NTSC-CIB-Rare-No...

So only three (including mine) have popped up since Yahoo first broke the story? Figured everyone and their uncle searching their attic would've turned up more than that.

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:43:15 PM
thenickross (134)
(nick ross) < King Solomon >
United States
PMA bought a CB and I believe there were 3-4 loose carts. 

Yes, that's me in my avatar. 

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:46:29 PM
Bella (104)
(Bellatrix Lestrange) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alabama
Originally posted by: Marton

Originally posted by: Bella

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BANDAI-STADIUM-EVENTS-SEALED_W0QQit...

Are you sure it's a fake ? The seal looks fishy but the box looks legit to me...

I was refering to the seal I don't think there was a determination on the box. But, as stated before why would they fake the seal on a real box?

I have bigger balls than any man out there... They just sit two feet higher!

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:47:52 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
because 40 - 13 = 27

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:48:04 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Originally posted by: dskjob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=23044...

^ If anybody here won that one watch out. The cartridge looks fake when you compare it to a real cart, and so does the box. I imagine that the seller made them up for the auction and took pictures for his scam.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!  The first three pics that aren't Enlargeable... ARE OF MINE!  Stolen right here off NA, but instead of using one picture he cut them into 3 pictures to make it look different.  I'd recognize my carpet anywhere.  The other pics that are all Enlargeable look totally fake, it almost looks like plastic it's so glossy.  Someone just lost $8600! 

I ripped him on his new listing without your pictures and he told me he had the receipt and that I need to go jump in front of a bus. Said I was too busted to afford it too. I'm kind of shocked it is still listed after reporting it.

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:36:19 PM
oMoT (41)
(Tupac Shakur) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: thenickross

Has this one been posted yet?

At $3350 and less than 12 hours to go... looks to be a steal compared to the other ones that have been selling recently.