Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Youtube Forum Catagory All Youtuber links under one roof?

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:20:40 AM
del01 (81)
(Retrosexual ) < El Ripper >
Ontario
I've noticed a new trend of posting "Pick-ups" videos in the finders keepers Catagory. I really enjoy finders Keepers but i don't like having to click a  link to youtube and watch a lenthy video to check it out. IMHO I think you should be able to see a pic or just read a list quick.

It would also have benefit to those posting youtube videos to have a catagory as well as people who want this sort of thing can browes and enjoy.

There are lots of others Reviews or "check out my band" and such that would all fit nicely under the very same  youtuber catagory.

Just my 2 cents.

-------------------------
My name is del01 and I approve this message.

If del was a chair...
I'd sit on it like Michelle Pfeiffer in the gangsters paradise video - Herbalist

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:45:39 AM
CincySwagGamer (5)
(Alex L) < Crack Trooper >
United States
I agree. As a youtuber, I feel awkward posting my videos anywhere simply because I don't want to violate the integrity of the existing section of the forum. I have been using the section "Events, Blogs, Promotions, Sites" but I don't see how giving youtube its own section would hurt because it DOES take longer to view than just read.

Follow me!
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/CincySwagG... AND
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/Cincy...

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:55:01 AM
daywalker2k2 (107)
(Marbin Batres) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
agreed that sounds good!!

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:56:41 AM
OSG (28)
(PEEP and PAMP) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
seems like the kind of thing that could just have a dedicated thread rather than a whole forum?

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:04:04 AM
daywalker2k2 (107)
(Marbin Batres) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
or that too lol-something like a sticky???

Edited: 02/29/2012 at 11:04 AM by daywalker2k2

Mar 12, 2012 at 5:58:35 PM
kirbybirby (88)
(KB ) < El Ripper >
United States
Agreed. I'm not against people making YouTube "finds" videos but like, I just wanna go into finders keepers, look at some pictures and read a list of what has been found. Not watch a lengthy video (like you said). I dunno, but I agree with you.

Got Kirby? PM me! 

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:03:23 PM
Infinite Treasures (8)
(Internet Name) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Another forum I frequent has a video and media section where you post videos or pictures you make. I feel like it could work here where people can show off their paint jobs, controller mod videos, alternate labels, and find videos.

I buy low so I can sell low. Come SAVE!
WTB: All variant system boxes for NES,SNES, and N64.

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:16:53 PM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Just sticky a thread with links to members youtube channels, maybe a brief description of your channel content. This is how we do it at Segaage yo!

http://segaage.com/forum/messagev...

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:26:25 AM
guest2586 (1)

(guest user) < Crack Trooper >
United States
have a youtube only section with gaming. that would be nice and quick and all users know they are about to see links with vids in 'em

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:37:55 AM
GameBoyScotty (48)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Don Keyballs) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I do hate the peeps who try to shove their YT channel at ya, biting for views and subs. That gets annoying and I won't play ball. I had a YT channel with over 4 million hits but it got deleted for copyright infrig cause Sony and Time Warner are whiny bitches! The number of hits don't really matter at all, but the content.

In fact, we all have YT channels, we all find stuff everyday, and we are all looking for the exact same stuff for the most part. Are videos about finds really needed, other than a simple post and pic?

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:38:30 AM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I've already chimed in on this with retrogamehunter's thread backing up Paul. Paul basically with just a few words said what needed to be asked. Why is it that hard just to write a list and take a picture?

Not everyone wants to see a long winded slow video with chitchat on it, and others due to security blocks from work or school can't. Videos should be relegated to huge freaking finds where camera and text would do no justice or be more work than it's worth. I backed him on his post saying a bit more, and it turned of course into hurt feelings and a fight.

I think the issue with the youtubers as of late is that they really want attention and this is how they seek it because once you hit like 600 subscribers or something you feel like you've got this huge following and the more you spam the site every few days the more friends you'll make or something I guess.

I totally agree we need a stickied thread for youtube sharing videos where people don't want to just give us an image and some text with it. I mean, isn't it a lot easier to lay crap on a bed, snap a pic then go: Today for $xx I got these twenty games.

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:51:15 AM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
A sticky thread in the promotions forum would work nicely.
Everyone wants to be the next Ray William Johnson or Shay Carl and think they can make a living off of you tube

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:02:10 AM
del01 (81)
Ontario
Yeah a sticky makes a lot of sense. I knew the you-tube category was probably not gonna happen but I wanted to get a discussion going and see if I was the only one this was bothering or not.

If del was a chair...
I'd sit on it like Michelle Pfeiffer in the gangsters paradise video - Herbalist

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:05:29 AM
Retroscribe81 (241)
(Bill H) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
I guess I never noticed this until today.

But, let me just throw this out there to play devil's advocate, I suppose...

What if it were long-standing, well-respected members that were doing this? Is this more of a backlash against guys who, on the surface, just seem to be here to whore out their YouTube channel?

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:08:04 AM
del01 (81)
Ontario
Originally posted by: linktothepastgaming

What if it were long-standing, well-respected members that were doing this?

But it's not is it... doesn't that tell you something right there?

If del was a chair...

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:14:35 AM
Retroscribe81 (241)
(Bill H) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: del01

What if it were long-standing, well-respected members that were doing this?

But it's not is it... doesn't that tell you something right there?

Yeah....I understand what you mean and that's what I was trying to say.

Kinda like the people here who don't post in any other category besides B/S/T and treat the community like eBay #2.

Makes sense and I agree with separating it somehow.

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:14:48 AM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

What if it were long-standing, well-respected members that were doing this? Is this more of a backlash against guys who, on the surface, just seem to be here to whore out their YouTube channel?

I love you tube and there is definitely a place for it , but it's all in how you go about promoting your self in the right place at the right time. it is so anti climactic to open a thread and just see a link with no explanation or story behind it. if there was a well writen post with a picture or 2 and a link to a video i might be more inclined to check it out

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:00:52 AM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: OSG

seems like the kind of thing that could just have a dedicated thread rather than a whole forum?
Yeah, we have a dedicated thread over on Sega Age just for youtuber who are members. I didn't realize there wasn't a thread similar over here. I say that's the best way to go. Just my two cents.

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:29:15 AM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Couldn't agree more with this suggestion.

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:37:25 PM
del01 (81)
Ontario
Originally posted by: TWarwick07

I love you tube and there is definitely a place for it , but it's all in how you go about promoting your self in the right place at the right time. it is so anti climactic to open a thread and just see a link with no explanation or story behind it. if there was a well writen post with a picture or 2 and a link to a video i might be more inclined to check it out

I think this makes allot of sence. I have noticed a turn around recently and guys are staring to do this.
That's something i can live with and I don't feel so ripped off.

Here's me when I open a finders keepers with only a youtube link,

If del was a chair...