Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Weirdest Glitches in any video game?

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:33:07 AM
Zoso471 (13)
(--Anthony --) < El Ripper >
Ontario
Mine would have to be NHL 09 for 360. In be a pro mode you only control one person on your team, so the rest of your team is controlled by the computer. once in a blue moon when i pass to my defender, he will turn around and score on his (and my) own net. Everytime this happens (which is about 3-4 times out of the many times ive played it) the puck goes in, and the weirdest part? the cutscene to opposing team celebrating, there is my defender in my uniform and everything, huddling and celebrating with the other team. then everything goes back to normal. it was the biggest mind fuck possible. i dont think this is a common glitch since i cant find any info on it anywhere and im debating getting back into 09 just so i can record this ridiculousness. 

-------------------------

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:36:29 AM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
My favorite glitching game is Tecmo Super Bowl. Tons of glitches, almost every handfull of games you play you'll get a weird thing happen.

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:38:27 AM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
my favorite glitch is in Super Off Road on Super nintendo, in 2 player one races, and the other nitros the #1 Grey truck back around the track, he'll turn around and start driving backwards around the track.

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:39:53 AM
Bournano (9)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Captain Bournano) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: jdheins

My favorite glitching game is Tecmo Super Bowl. Tons of glitches, almost every handfull of games you play you'll get a weird thing happen.

TSB has a lot of glitches? How did I not know about this? *goes to search google*

Also, I just typed in "best glitch ever" and this came up:

Pretty funny FIFA 10 glitch.

The best glitch ever would have to be... Playing as Master Hand in Super Smash Bros Melee. This glitch wasn't discovered until after Brawl was out. This glitch is hands down the best glitch in my book. And for the record, I've done it several times.

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:42:03 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I can think of a pathetic 100% reproducable crash bug in Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine on N64. Long story short, Lucas the dick, pulled all but 1 guy off the game to finish Naboo for N64 for Christmas. Remaining guy was a producer but a jack of all trades, finished it best he could and tested too alone but forced to release a late beta and that game had 10000 copies only (7K were rental I bought one of the others.) I know all this as I met the guy at E3 2000 and talked for like 30min, felt bad for him.

A few stages in you got this level that will take like 30-45min to do and the last thing you do to finish is you have to get into this one man standing cart that goes over a ravine on a cable. One thing you need to do is move this big wooden crate, and there's room on each side to push or pull. Well if you do the logical easiest thing (push) the game crashes. The crate has to be moved 2 crate lengths over (A->B->C). If you push from A->B it dies as it locks into B position on my lame chart. But, if you pull to B, then come around and push to C, that's the only way to pass it without bombing the game. Took me 2 tries to test that sucker out and man I was pissed. Oh, game also, if you do play, save it like every 30-45min because usually about an hour into it more times than not, the game will slow down then crash hard to a rainbow colors spray of dots(like tv snow that doens't move) so bad reset button fails.

How's that for weird glitches?

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:31:01 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
How about Missingno and the 150 sixth item or Glitch City from Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow?

Feb 25, 2011 at 1:41:47 AM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
I have some amazingly glitched up carts. I have a Paper Mario that crashes when you load the game, and a debug menu comes up. Another one is a Zelda 2 cart with saves that have been corrupted, and the games freaks out when you play them. My friend also has a glitchy DKC cart that allows you to fly when you hold X!

Edited: 02/25/2011 at 01:42 AM by Armageddon Potato

Feb 25, 2011 at 1:46:30 AM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
Originally posted by: Armageddon Potato

I have some amazingly glitched up carts. I have a Paper Mario that crashes when you load the game, and a debug menu comes up. Another one is a Zelda 2 cart with saves that have been corrupted, and the games freaks out when you play them. My friend also has a glitchy DKC cart that allows you to fly when you hold X!

Wicked, that DKC cart could prolly fetch some coin

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:25:14 AM
Super Slash (0)
(Jesse Winstead) < Lolo Lord >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Armageddon Potato

My friend also has a glitchy DKC cart that allows you to fly when you hold X!

That's actually possible to do on the first mine cart level on any cartridge. He can do it on ANY level?

As for the topic, I *know* I've experienced some pretty wacky glitches, but for some reason I can't remember them at the moment... I'll come back to this thread when I do.

Feb 25, 2011 at 5:34:44 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
My favorite would be the one I discovered in Rampage (NES version) when I was a kid. Just eat people. Don't blow the buildings up, just continually eat people. After a while, weird shit happens and you skip ahead a level...once I climbed up a building, went off the top of the screen, and climbed back up the bottom. Never pulled it off again, but it's something to see...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:35:29 AM
Stan (81)
(Demonologist and Linguist Supreme) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
Those Red Dead Redemption glitches probably take the cake over all. Totally ridiculous.

Feb 25, 2011 at 6:59:50 PM
Super Slash (0)
Louisiana
I just remembered one.

In Sonic Adventure, don't get Sonic's second speed dash upgrade until you unlock the Super Sonic story. Then, start the story and go to Station Square and get it. The game will save after you get the upgrade; reset and select SS's story again. Here's where it gets wacky. Instead of seeing the usual cutscenes, you'll start in the Mystic Ruins, falling endlessly off of a cliff into the forests (I'm assuming you fall from Angel Island), with the Hedgehog Hammer mini-game music playing. IIRC, it takes a few minutes before you lose a life, but the point is that you can never complete SS's story on that file if you do this glitch. It scared the heck out of me as a kid, because the music creeped me out, and I had no clue why I was falling endlessly for seemingly no reason.

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:44:21 AM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

My favorite would be the one I discovered in Rampage (NES version) when I was a kid. Just eat people. Don't blow the buildings up, just continually eat people. After a while, weird shit happens and you skip ahead a level...once I climbed up a building, went off the top of the screen, and climbed back up the bottom. Never pulled it off again, but it's something to see...

I might have to give that a try, it just sounds fun.

And suprised, I forgot about GTA Vice City,  I was scared shitless first time I found Gray Hell, because I was so caught off guard.  I was jumping my bike around shanty town on the west side of the map.

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Feb 26, 2011 at 6:36:36 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I think I found that glitch at the point when I was using the Game Genie to make the game harder...even as a kid, Rampage just was way too easy But yeah, although the "climbing through the sky and up from the ground" has never been replicated, a bunch of different screwy shit happens. Usually the score just climbs to random numbers (so you could have like a 7 in the ones digit), but yeah, some weird shit happens sometimes.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Feb 26, 2011 at 3:34:43 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
I almost forgot about Gran Turismo 3. There is a specific apex on the Seattle track I think, that when you drive in to fast enough it takes you off the track. You drive endlessly in to "space" and the odometer goes reeling along with the MPH and the oil light illuminates instantly.

Feb 26, 2011 at 5:17:00 PM
Super Slash (0)
Louisiana
Also, Big Rigs. The whole game is one big glitch.

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:08:16 PM
Nintendo Workshop (60)
(Ryan ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois

Not sure if this is a reaccuring glitch or not.

Playing RBI baseball.  Pitcher started on 3rd.  I could actually pitch the ball toward the plate.  The pitcher could move towards the mound.  So I moved him a bit and pitched again.  Took a picture of it.

Another one was the pitcher is on the plate.

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:37:47 PM
Drippy (87)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Originally posted by: Count Dracura

How about Missingno and the 150 sixth item or Glitch City from Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow?

Definitely, Missingno was the first thing I thought of. Also, there's that odd glitch where you can get Mew.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:36:38 AM
Nintendo Workshop (60)
(Ryan ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Another RBI Glitch for me this RBI season.  It's been awhile but finally another one and a different one at that....

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:52:47 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
The ones that stick out to me are

Double Dragon - 1st lvl - think it's right before you go fight the main boss. Theirs a part where you're fighting 2 girls with whips and theirs a wall you can just climb up (by running to it).

world cup 94 soccer (sega genesis) - I played this game soooooo much as a kid and theirs a part of the field where if you hit the ball at a certain angle it will score a goal. The goalkeeper doesn't even move (cpu side) and if you hit it weak it can just slowy roll to the goal line too . hehe

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:58:55 AM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia

rygar glitches.

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:47:40 AM
zigzagzarf (2)
(Deez Nutz) < El Ripper >
Ohio
i love the level reset glitch in final fantasy 6 advanced....takes forever but it makes it possible to max stats on everyone in game.....there was also a glitch at the end where you could copy 1 time only weapons

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:45:45 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Here's a video of some glitches that occurred once when I was playing Castlevania III:

I wouldn't say they're my "favorite" glitches, as they're not too interesting, but they're the only ones I've ever personally found. Unfortunately, I've never been able to reproduce them.

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:53:36 PM
Sgt.Pepper1983 (1)
(Jon McDonald) < Meka Chicken >
Alabama
I think my favorite glitch in a game is with the level 2 boss in the nes version of Double Dragon 1. If you just go back down the ladders the level will end without making you fight him. I liked the black hole glitch in Star Fox 1 until I found out it fucks with your score. I really like the secret level glitch that has it's own boss at the end of the level. And I always use the glitch that gives you twin blasters in level 1. I felt bad that even with the 99 lives glitch in Contra 4 my brother still couldn't beat it.

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:02:07 PM
genesisdon't (66)
(Omicron Theta) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
The zombie glitch on all of the Nintendo 64 wrestling games with the Yukes fighting engine (wcw vs nwo revenge,no mercy, wrestlemania 2000) You can be in the middle of layin the smackdown and the computer jacks partial to total control of your character. It is a random glitch that happens very often (LOL).