Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

A request to the organizers/admins/etc. About AGE Expo.

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:31:11 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
I personally think that keeping it so far south ultimately hurts turnout possibility. Knoxville is probably way far for alot of people to consider, I feel. I see alot of the southerners claiming that its best there, but the fact is that we have alot of Canadian members to consider as well us up north. If we are to be objective, one must consider all who would like to attend instead of mere convenience. If we were all game to drive a bit, we could get more people together and that's what it is about, right? Establishing goodwill is one thing, but anybody will accomodate you if you pay your bill. I personally like Jared's idea of Philly or Atlantic City. Most of us are old enough to gamble and we could have a blast. AC is a major hub for conventions and events and planning wouldn't be too bad. I would also be willing to help out for sure, being that my girl would jump at any chance to spend a few days there. I'm not saying it because of convenience either because I am still many hours away myself. Hell, if it was planned right, there might even be another good show at the time that we could all go to. If I was to be selfish I would say NYC (which I am still 5 hours from as well) and that is the home to The World of Nintendo. Bring it north and more will show. That's my 2 cents.

-------------------------

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:36:57 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
goodwill in the business sense means an intangible "following" you have, it's generated largely by word-of-mouth. A reputation. Essentially, if we hold it there in the same town, same place, same date, same promotion, we can expect a draw of a magnitude greater than what we already had, simply because of the work we laid out this year. Those who had fun will return, with those they've told the Expo about.

Just to clarify what I meant, sorry

I like a lot of the points raised so far. Chicago is certainly on our radar, but we're considering all possibilities and there have been a few other very good ideas for locations already...

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:53:34 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
I respect that, but it just seems like it would become that same family vacation that your parents refuse to change. Why go to the Carribbean when we could go to Cape Cod for the 150th time, right? That intangible following could potentially grow much larger if you stepped into new territory. If they are such a devoted following, why wouldn't they travel?

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:58:01 PM
Thor (52)
(Thor Aackerlund) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
As a central location, anyone in Kansas City? That's not *that* far from the East Coast, or Chicago, or Dallas, or wherever. It would be most painful to places like FL, NY, WA, SoCAL, but at least it wouldn't be totally insane for a west-coaster to consider.

Yes, 1990 NWC in case you're curious :) A long long time ago, in a video game competition far far away.

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:05:19 PM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
Jason's suggestion of Gatlinburg sounds like an excellent idea. That's where my vote goes! It's still a helluva trip for a lot of the country (myself included), but having visited both places at one point or another, Gatlinburg is much cooler

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:51:42 PM
kcsims (16)
(Kevin Sims) < Eggplant Wizard >
Louisiana
That's funny, I actually drove into Gatlinburg the same day. I'm all for that, I'll just get a cabin and I'm set.

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:54:22 PM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Thor

As a central location, anyone in Kansas City? That's not *that* far from the East Coast, or Chicago, or Dallas, or wherever. It would be most painful to places like FL, NY, WA, SoCAL, but at least it wouldn't be totally insane for a west-coaster to consider.

I am in Columbia, MO which is about 2 hours away from KC.  I am not very familar with KC as I am STL.  If you guys want an Expo in MO, Columbia is right in between KC and STL.  Lots of goods spots for an expo here. 

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Sep 8, 2008 at 6:42:29 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: themotherbrain

I respect that, but it just seems like it would become that same family vacation that your parents refuse to change. Why go to the Carribbean when we could go to Cape Cod for the 150th time, right? That intangible following could potentially grow much larger if you stepped into new territory. If they are such a devoted following, why wouldn't they travel?

This is a good point, the expo will magnetically draw those Knoxville attendees who really loved it, but the further away we stray from that location, the fewer will make the trek. I'm sure it would look hyperbolic if it were something measurable.

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:22:46 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: xtremegamer

No matter where the show is again, I will make my best effort to be there.

Same here, though if it's somewhere like Chicago I'll have to leave days in advance, or buy something that will top 60 mph.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:25:34 PM
mario's left nut (163)
(Poster Nutbag) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Dude O_S_G is the wildcard here. That outstanding man took an 18 bus ride to Knoxville Tennessee. Nobody has an excuse now.

Do tigers sleep in lily patches, do rhinos run from thunder?

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:29:11 PM
langenfeld (279)
(Michael Langenfeld) < El Ripper >
Alabama
Chicago is good with me..............

MLN - Can I stay a few weeks late and catch a Bears game?? I can go to work with you, I make a mean sandwich....look at me!!!

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:46:05 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
i would be able to go if it were in chicago too. im sure none of us in wisconsin would miss if it were that close!

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:20:32 PM
mario's left nut (163)
(Poster Nutbag) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Originally posted by: langenfeld

Chicago is good with me..............

MLN - Can I stay a few weeks late and catch a Bears game?? I can go to work with you, I make a mean sandwich....look at me!!!

Hells yeah man.

I'll put you to work.

Chicago is the way to go people. Trust me.

MLN'er

Do tigers sleep in lily patches, do rhinos run from thunder?

Sep 9, 2008 at 9:42:49 AM
OSG (28)
(PEEP and PAMP) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: mario's left nut

Dude O_S_G is the wildcard here. That outstanding man took an 18 bus ride to Knoxville Tennessee. Nobody has an excuse now.

I am not a specimen which ought to be used as an example of how to live.

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:09:56 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
Well, hopefully I didn't come off as selfish with this request.
I'd support it in Chicago, as long as it's near the original time. Keeping it near the original time wouldn't be a problem as many as I can see so far had no problem with it. Well, it boils down to your decision. (I approve of Gatlinburg, Nashville, Knoxville, and Chicago)

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:27:04 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
It is most likely going to remain a Southern show, which is what we wanted when we started. I think Gatlinburg or Atlanta are the most likely choices at this point...
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 9, 2008 at 7:14:04 PM
michiganfan2 (123)
(Mike Pitsch) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
I'm in for Chicago.....only 3 hours from me. Knoxville was around 12 hours so I couldn't make it

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:03:06 AM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
I think it should stay in the South. There are no shows in the South at all. It just needs to be in a bigger city near a bigger airport. Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville all make a heck of a lot more sense.

There doesn't need to be anything else in Philadelphia or Jersey. DO you guys realize there is already the VGXPO up there as well as MONTHLY NAVA events at the Digital Press store?

It also boils down to cost and things to do in the city. Cost is cheaper in the South, and as much as I love Chicago, it will get you numbers, there are TONS of collectors in Wisconsin and Illinois, but the cost of renting out a convention hall there compared to cities in the SOuth is crazy!

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:18:47 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Tons of collectors in WI? Where?

Sep 12, 2008 at 8:49:53 AM
Caker (7)
(Bob Rob) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
what about NY alot of people could attend it then, its close to the canadain border where alot of us live. and theres alot of states around it

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:47:46 PM
paulyshobby (90)
(Paul LaMalfa) < Ridley Wrangler >
New Hampshire
I'm surprised no one has mentioned boston area yet.

Check out my eBay/Amazon stores!
http://www.paulyshobby.com...

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:08:30 AM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
I don't think we can afford the hotels up there, man! My wife and I were thinking about vacationing up there, but we couldn't even afford a weeknight room 2.5 stars in the surrounding area. Ludicrous.

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:43:09 AM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
There's a ton of collectors in Illinois, I'm sure, but you're way off on the Wisconsin part There's like 8 of us total, and 5 are members here already. NOFRIENDO has claimed Madison as his own, nes_king and I have split up Milwaukee, bongoben has the Western part of the state, and NES_HERBALIST gets everything to the North. That's it! Wisconsin can physically handle no more collectors than that! We just don't have the used market infrastructure in place, ask any of us. It's online or bust for NES collectors up here!