Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Collectors Discussion Thread V2 The Switch Goodness Continues....

Jan 09 at 3:24:22 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Gamestop has new copies of both South Park: Fractured But Whole and Just Dance 2018 for $15 each, in store or online.

Edited: 01/09/2019 at 03:32 PM by aguy

Jan 09 at 3:47:40 PM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen announced.  Pretty psyched since it was literally the last 360 game I started, but I retired the console and didn't finish it

I hope it dosnt end up being a download code only.

-------------------------
KDDK Player  

Jan 09 at 6:27:38 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen announced.  Pretty psyched since it was literally the last 360 game I started, but I retired the console and didn't finish it
I saw that and was surprised, impressed too at the quality of what they showed and could listen to.  Where is this rumor about it being download only coming from?  I've seen a bunch of people grumbling that Capcom better not do this or that, but I can't find something that says they ever mentioned it.  I wouldn't put it passed them as they're cheapskates which is why I had to import Capcom Belt Action Collection and I'm considering Okami too if I feel I'd have the time for it.  I know nothing of Dragon's Dogma so I'm kind of compelled to get it, but I'd be more afraid to get it if it's very involving like Skyrim as I never got closed to finishing that game because it just was so immense I most often felt it lacked direction on what to do.

By the way where did that Kunio game get imported for and for how much?  I'm kind of tempted, but with it just being NES games I can use on an everdrive anyway it's not a must have.

Oh if anyone here in this or the original thread cared about buying Starlink w/Starfox for the Switch, this week Target is yet again pushing them at $30 instead of $75.  The game is surprisingly well made and sucks you in which is always a good thing.  I imagine what Nintendo could do structuring a Star fox game like that on their own versus being (very well though) shoehorned into that multiplatform release.

Edited: 01/09/2019 at 06:28 PM by VmprHntrD

Jan 09 at 10:38:38 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Dragon's Dogma is up on Amazon for $27.92 ($30 MSRP), release date is 4/23/19.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MC9G...

Jan 09 at 10:59:01 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Dirt cheap physical? Fuck. Yeah. My expectations are through the basement with Capcom so I am pleasantly surprised.

Here's to hoping they do physical RE4 and 5 (and 6, fuck it) and reverse course on Okami. 

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 01/09/2019 at 11:01 PM by Brock Landers

Jan 10 at 12:28:55 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
New additions to the Switchuation:

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 10 at 4:49:01 PM
DeuceGamer (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Nice pickups! Wish I could find Roller Coaster Tycoon  

Edited: 01/10/2019 at 04:49 PM by DeuceGamer

Jan 10 at 5:33:53 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: DeuceGamer

There's "Limited Stock" at a Target near me.  I was going to swing by tomorrow.  You want me to grab a copy if there's an extra?

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Jan 10 at 11:42:44 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: Fleck586

Originally posted by: DeuceGamer

There's "Limited Stock" at a Target near me.  I was going to swing by tomorrow.  You want me to grab a copy if there's an extra?

There were four Targets near that said "in stock" and all four ended up being a no-go. They just could not find the game anywhere. =/

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Jan 11 at 1:46:39 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I was interested in roller coaster tycoon on switch until I learned you couldnt edit landscape. Making coasters and rides go through terrain was one of my favorite aspects of the original on pc.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 11 at 1:49:14 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Quaze

You are out of control. How many games now?

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/11/2019 at 01:50 AM by quest4nes

Jan 11 at 5:01:59 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Approximately 3 metric frick-tons 😎

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 11 at 5:16:39 AM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California

I was interested in roller coaster tycoon on switch until I learned you couldnt edit landscape. Making coasters and rides go through terrain was one of my favorite aspects of the original on pc.

True, and you don't get to ride any of your creations in first person.

Jan 11 at 9:37:15 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

How do you do it man? I mean how can your body take all this whoring itself out to afford these switch games?

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 11 at 11:40:34 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
If anyone is worried about finding Roller Coaster Tycoon there will be more prints of it according to Bill on Atariage
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/...

Jan 11 at 12:58:18 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

How do you do it man? I mean how can your body take all this whoring itself out to afford these switch games?

My body is very durable and resilient when it comes to acquiring new Switch games.

Plus I've done what I think many are doing: Kind of shifted my collecting focuses almost solely to the Switch. I'm still on the lookout for other games etc that I want, but the Switch has been taking real priority since it came out. My other collections are just growing a lot slower than they were before lol. 

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 11 at 1:37:50 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon

My body is very durable and resilient when it comes to acquiring new Switch games.

Plus I've done what I think many are doing: Kind of shifted my collecting focuses almost solely to the Switch. I'm still on the lookout for other games etc that I want, but the Switch has been taking real priority since it came out. My other collections are just growing a lot slower than they were before lol. 

Same here. started out last year with hopes of rebuilding a GBA collection and got to about feb before i gave up cuz i was just trying to keep up with Switch games i wanted! Quaze is def going a little harder than me with variants, keeping most things sealed and picking up wack shit like Roller Coaster Tycoon. I keep telling him to just stick to the good games but he refuses. 

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jan 11 at 2:05:20 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: D~Funk

Same here. started out last year with hopes of rebuilding a GBA collection and got to about feb before i gave up cuz i was just trying to keep up with Switch games i wanted! Quaze is def going a little harder than me with variants, keeping most things sealed and picking up wack shit like Roller Coaster Tycoon. I keep telling him to just stick to the good games but he refuses. 

Which one of us has shovelware in our collection, me or you? That’s right, get back to playing Polaris Jetski Challenge there, BHED. I don’t think anyone has done it for the Switch thread 🤣

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 11 at 2:09:06 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Which one of us has shovelware in our collection, me or you? That’s right, get back to playing Polaris Jetski Challenge there, BHED. I don’t think anyone has done it for the Switch thread 🤣

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 11 at 2:13:27 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

Which one of us has shovelware in our collection, me or you? That's right, get back to playing Polaris Jetski Challenge there, BHED. I don't think anyone has done it for the Switch thread 🤣

Why you bringin up old shit?

Jan 11 at 3:13:35 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Well, I found a copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon. It was the last copy in town according to the guy that sold it to me. I guess I, too, am a shovelware collector. Hey, I bought the Party Arcade and Aqua Moto Racing Utopia Bundle for $11.99 on Ebay. How do you turn down $6 sealed games?

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Jan 11 at 3:31:57 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Little heads up to anybody who ordered the Tales of Vesperia collectors edition off of Bandai Namco's store...

Its pretty wack!

As a pretty Die Hard Tales Of fan I'm kinda bummed by this. For 1, the game isn't even in the little CE box, comes on the outside like the Gal Gun 2 and Shaq Fu CEs (i don't think this was advertised that way). 2, the fake Steelbook has a disc slot instead of switch tape slot (theres not even a soundtrack so no reason to even have a disc slot). And 3, don't even know if they could even call this a diorama, 3 flat acrylic cut outs in front of a flat background..

Just pretty wack and disappointed over all. Comparing this to other Tales CEs like the Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition which is one of my favorite CEs of all time is a joke.

Oh well i guess. I'm still excited for the game and to have it on Switch! Vesperia is one of my personal favorite Tales games so I'm looking forward to playing through it again with the added content i haven't experienced. Just wish they would have a done a proper CE instead of this. Seems like an afterthought for something they had plenty of time to work on.

Edited: 01/11/2019 at 03:35 PM by D~Funk

Jan 11 at 4:06:19 PM
Gutling (133)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
I got mine today but had not opened it. Was dissapointed was seperate box, and that steel book. WTF. maybe it was a error and switch got ps4 cases and they going to correct it? Have you tried contacting them?

Jan 11 at 4:08:54 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Gutling

I got mine today but had not opened it. Was dissapointed was seperate box, and that steel book. WTF. maybe it was a error and switch got ps4 cases and they going to correct it? Have you tried contacting them?

Nah, just got it. Figured they just made all the same ones for all 3 systems. I dunno. Seems weird to put a pointless case in the box for switch. Its oversized too. PS4 case size instead of Switch case sized..

Jan 11 at 4:26:09 PM
Gutling (133)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
For $100 bucks I would at least have appreciated a steel book you can use, even if it just had the slot on the opposite side of the cd holder. I emailed them, maybe something good will come out of it.