Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2019 Weekly Contests Presents: Gold Medal Challenge 92 Contest ends Sunday, 08/18/19 at 11 PM NA Time

Aug 11 at 7:21:34 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Ladies and gentlemen. Stop war and assemble to compete in sports for the Olympic Games are upon us.
Competitors, praise your gods and prepare to show off your mighty skills in several fun and challenging sports.
This week thou all shalt play Gold Medal Challenge 92!

Here's the rules to abide in this mighty competition:
  • Pick World Tournament option for 1 player only
  • The medals you get on each sports are worth points:
    • Bronze - 1 point
    • Silver - 2 points
    • Gold - 3 points
  • The athlete with most points will be awarded the laurels for this week
  • Take your picture at the end of the Wolrd Tournament or at the Total Record screen, on the Official Records option
  • Participation: 1 bronze medal
  • Genre: Sports
The contest ends Sunday, 08/18/19 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.

The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.

-------------------------
A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Aug 11 at 7:21:46 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Weekly Leaderboard header

1st 8bitdontquit 48
2nd tablew/chairs 42
3rd bertsampson 37
4th barrels 34
5th Ausden 11
6th skinnygrinny 3

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Edited: 08/19/2019 at 12:42 PM by Bea_Iank

Aug 11 at 8:13:30 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Ha!

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 11 at 9:43:11 AM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
🏅 48 pts. 15-1-1  U. S. A

Moe: Back when I was Gorgeous, everybody wanted a piece of me. But somehow, I just never made it to the big time. Homer: Why not? Moe: 'Cause I got knocked out forty times in a row. That, plus politics. You know, it's all politics. Homer: [glaring] Lousy democrats.

Edited: 08/18/2019 at 09:09 PM by 8bitdontquit

Aug 11 at 10:46:40 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
"Thank you for selecting Capcom's Gold Metal Challenge '92, the latest addition to Capcom's library of titles. Following such hits as Mega Man IV, Capcom's Gold Metal Challenge '92 continues the tradition of action packed family oriented games for the Nintendo Entertainment system.

Capcom's Gold Metal Challenge '92 features color state-of-the-art high resolution graphics and battery-backed RAM. We are Capcom are proud to bring this thrilling new addition to your video game library."

Well shit, with a message like that from Capcom's Senior VP and the fact that this game has a save battery, this is going to be an amazing week! Capcom would never let us down.

Edited: 08/11/2019 at 02:14 PM by barrels

Aug 12 at 3:55:50 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Hard no on this one. Too much button mashing lol

Edited: 08/12/2019 at 03:56 PM by a3quit4s

Aug 12 at 4:03:41 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: a3quit4s

it's ok, not everybody is cut out for the big leagues  

Aug 12 at 4:18:51 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: barrels

Originally posted by: a3quit4s

it's ok, not everybody is cut out for the big leagues olympics   

Fixed that for ya lol

Aug 12 at 4:40:11 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia

Well shit, with a message like that.. , this is going to be an amazing week! Capcom would never let us down.

Best week ever!!!!        .....wooooooo.......   Anyone play yet. ?... 

Moe: Back when I was Gorgeous, everybody wanted a piece of me. But somehow, I just never made it to the big time. Homer: Why not? Moe: 'Cause I got knocked out forty times in a row. That, plus politics. You know, it's all politics. Homer: [glaring] Lousy democrats.

Aug 12 at 4:40:24 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Skinny... Challenge on.. I'm in. Leaving mid archon week and should be back in time.. What are the rules/stipulations?  

Edited: 08/12/2019 at 05:32 PM by 8bitdontquit

Aug 12 at 7:48:37 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: 8bitdontquit

Skinny... Challenge on.. I'm in. Leaving mid archon week and should be back in time.. What are the rules/stipulations?  

Lol dude! How are you going to make a bet if you don’t know the rules?! 

Aug 12 at 11:03:44 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Lol dude! How are you going to make a bet if you don't know the rules?! 

just wanna iron it out before we shake on it ... you said most points wins, what happens if one is a low score? Could always deduct but that won't necessarily reflect who did better. Or did you mean placement scores?.

Edited: 08/12/2019 at 11:04 PM by 8bitdontquit

Aug 13 at 2:36:52 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

Anyone play yet. ?... 

I just did. A full run takes a good chunk of time! I did some legitimate damage to a controller in the process. Fortunately I had the foresight to use a blemished one to begin with.

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 01:16 PM by barrels

Aug 13 at 11:09:17 AM
Ausden (13)
(Jonathan ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
I did as well. Boy it's going to be a rough week!

Aug 13 at 12:17:45 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
I think my first run was about 50 minutes.. and there's really no rushing it aside from skipping parts of the medal ceremonies (assuming you don't set a new world record in a given event, which mandates you enter your name and takes a bit more time). The 'marathon' updates go on and on, I didn't find a way to skip them.

Keep that in mind for anybody putting this one off until Sunday.

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 12:19 PM by barrels

Aug 13 at 1:06:03 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Lol.. I also had the foresight to use previously damaged controller.. Glad i did. Glad they have a save feature because it's terribly boring to go in one sitting. I got 9 gold on only run so far... How about Barrels?

Aug 13 at 1:09:55 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

I got 9 gold on only run so far... How about Barrels?

hah, you got me already. So much for being cocky (it felt like a good run, more likely due to the time consumed than anything else). 7 gold / 2 silver. I cannot figure out the timing for swimming at all, though, which cost me medals in what, 5 events?

Looking forward to trying again but i need to reflect on my controller hoarde first and see if I can behave myself a bit more during runs. I felt like a damn animal on some of those a+b pressing runs.

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 01:13 PM by barrels

Aug 13 at 1:14:40 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
34 (USA 11/0/1)
25 (USA 7/2/0)

Edited: 08/18/2019 at 01:38 AM by barrels

Aug 13 at 1:27:33 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia

25 (USA 7/2/0)

Hey not bad,  swimming was a pain at first but used the training to find the timing, isn't too hard to find except for one style,  ug.   But for me it's the high jump,  gymnastic style ones,  can't even qualify lol.  Score posted.  

Aug 13 at 1:27:34 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Lol dude! How are you going to make a bet if you don't know the rules?! 

just wanna iron it out before we shake on it ... you said most points wins, what happens if one is a low score? Could always deduct but that won't necessarily reflect who did better. Or did you mean placement scores?.
Ok little buddy here’s what I was thinking. Standing scores (11-3) not actual scores in the two games. 

What do you think about a tie ? 

Aug 13 at 1:49:13 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia

Ok little buddy here’s what I was thinking. Standing scores (11-3) not actual scores in the two games. 

Not my favorite option but seems like the best way to go..   I see a tie as a loss for both since nobody actually won,  or we can pick another game that week to be used as a tie breaker if needed.     ?
Edit.   I hope that 11- 3 was only an example and not a prediction..   Lol

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 01:51 PM by 8bitdontquit

Aug 13 at 2:14:28 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Not my favorite option but seems like the best way to go..   I see a tie as a loss for both since nobody actually won,  or we can pick another game that week to be used as a tie breaker if needed.     ?
Edit.   I hope that 11- 3 was only an example and not a prediction..   Lol

Don’t have to bet if you don’t want. 

Tie is a wash. 

Not a prediction just 1st earns 11 points and participation can earn 3.

best score out of the two games. 

Aug 13 at 3:19:40 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Tie is a wash and we both lose, and we could have the group pick ours. So don't tie.. Sounds good to me.. We got a bet? 🤝

Aug 13 at 3:20:32 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Tie is a wash and we both lose, and we could have the group pick ours. So don't tie.. Sounds good to me.. We got a bet? 🤝

Group picks on a tie. I like it. Bet.

Aug 13 at 3:30:43 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Good deal.. Bet on.