Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Unreleased game rarity suggestion?

Nov 16, 2006 at 10:57:07 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I got to thinking...maybe for unreleased games, instead of a rarity rating, maybe scrap the rarity heading and put how many of each are known to exist, as well as whether or not the game has been reproed. I don't know how feasible it is to do this, but if it can be done, it may make it a bit nicer in the overall presentation, especially for items that really can't have a rarity value assigned to them.

-------------------------

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:35:48 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I was thinking that something should happen for those as well, but wasn't sure what to do specifically. It seems like the rarity is fairly useless in the unreleased context. I like your idea -- I'll play around with that and see what I can come up with (though I'm in West Virginia right now, away from my computer -- I'll see what I can put together when I get back).

-Dain