Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2013 Weekly Contest presents: 1942 Contest ends Sunday, 11/17/13 at 10 PM NA time

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:49:36 AM
rdrunner (35)
(Tom Votava) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: JD

Guil you are correct.

The only way to get 100% on some levels is to die on purpose.
I concur.

On many levels, I swear that I have managed to shoot every single plane, but I still don't get the bonus.  Dying when you reach the carrier sometimes helps with this, but even then the 100% only seems to happen on certain levels.

I recently sold my NES copy of 1942.  It was fun during the 80's when it was the only home version I had available, but now I have the actual arcade game, courtesy of Capcom Classics Collection on my PS2.   The percentage counter isn't broken on that version (to my knowledge). 

-------------------------

Tom Votava
http://rdrunner0077.blogspot.com/

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:21:36 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
It will be really tough to alter the rules and still make this fun, so we will say that it is forbidden to intentionally die to attain 100% accuracy. We will just have to use the honor system on this one. I don't want to make the rules too complicated for this week. I want everyone to kick back and have an easy week with a shooter I also added a disclaimer to the rules about rolling the score which I forgot when I first posted the rules.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:32:41 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

It will be really tough to alter the rules and still make this fun, so we will say that it is forbidden to intentionally die to attain 100% accuracy. We will just have to use the honor system on this one. I don't want to make the rules too complicated for this week. I want everyone to kick back and have an easy week with a shooter I also added a disclaimer to the rules about rolling the score which I forgot when I first posted the rules.

Trust me,this game is way more enjoyable not trying for the 100% accuracy. At least to me it is.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:39:47 PM
EgasKrad (17)
(AJ ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Updated 11/17/13:

Work + sinus issues = done for this contest

Edited: 11/17/2013 at 12:28 PM by EgasKrad

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:45:47 PM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
update score below

Edited: 11/12/2013 at 12:28 AM by mattyjmania

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:06:03 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Nice to see you back egas! And you can do it Matty! Like I said before,I'm pretty confident that several people will beat this and have a better score than mine. My score is decent. I think I usually got between 80%-90% accuracy on stages with the occasional 72%-75% or 95-96% in there.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:11:57 AM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
I did it!!

i didnt beat the game...but..i DID roll the score! pics coming...made it all the way to stage 6...sad i didnt beat it...i dont have another game in me at least for a day or so...

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:26:37 AM
JSoup (0)
< Crack Trooper >
California
Is the version in Capcom Arcade Cabinet (PSN) acceptable for this?

Edit: And I see that at least one other person is playing it via the PS2 version of that collection, so I guess I have my answer.

Edited: 11/12/2013 at 12:27 AM by JSoup

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:27:45 AM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
updated again, last page

Edited: 11/13/2013 at 05:17 PM by mattyjmania

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:31:19 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: JSoup

Is the version in Capcom Arcade Cabinet (PSN) acceptable for this?

Edit: And I see that at least one other person is playing it via the PS2 version of that collection, so I guess I have my answer.

Unfortunately, the version in Capcom Arcade Cabinet is not accepted for this contest. There are differences in the calculation of the hit percentage, so we can only accept the NES version.

rdrunner will not use the PS2 version for this contest (if he participate).

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:31:21 AM
babywuchki (90)
(Chris ) < Kraid Killer >
United States
^^Matty, nice work man. What a quick turnaround. Maybe there's hope for me yet. My problem is I get so far without dying and then I have a bad ten seconds and its game over. I've found that lowering the volume and jamming some Thelonious Monk and Miles Davis makes for a much better soundtrack and puts me in a much better headspace so as to not over think what I'm doing.

Edited: 11/12/2013 at 12:34 AM by babywuchki

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:33:17 AM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: babywuchki

^^Nice work man. What a quick turnaround. Maybe there's hope for me yet. My problem is I get so far without dying and then I have a bad ten seconds and its game over.

yeah

i really got in the zone...and like Guts said...you start to get extra guys quickly, so that REALLY helps...another thing that helped me was the freakin sound in the game is AWFUL..so...i went with something rockin and motivating...a guns n roses YouTube mix 

it DEF helped

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:35:54 AM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Originally posted by: mattyjmania

^^Nice work man. What a quick turnaround. Maybe there's hope for me yet. My problem is I get so far without dying and then I have a bad ten seconds and its game over.

yeah

i really got in the zone...and like Guts said...you start to get extra guys quickly, so that REALLY helps...another thing that helped me was the freakin sound in the game is AWFUL..so...i went with something rockin and motivating...a guns n roses YouTube mix 

it DEF helped

Ha! Same idea, even though we kind of went to opposite ends of the spectrum musically. Whatever works though .

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:36:07 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

yeah

i really got in the zone

I can't emphase more on this, you need to be in the zone to perform in this game. Imagine, we were playing 1-life last time, one second out of the zone and you might end your attempt.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:37:47 AM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Originally posted by: guillavoie

yeah

i really got in the zone

I can't emphase more on this, you need to be in the zone to perform in this game. Imagine, we were playing 1-life last time, one second out of the zone and you might end your attempt.

I think I understand. So marijuana is not a banned substance in this league is it?

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:38:47 AM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania

yeah

i really got in the zone

yeah...there were levels upon levels upon levels in which i wouldnt die and was killing EVERYTHING...then i would die...and then die another 1-2 times after that...it REALLY takes the wind outta your sails

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:39:59 AM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania

yeah

i really got in the zone

I think I understand. So marijuana is not a banned substance in this league is it?

hahahaha

chris, i personally have nothing against pot...but...i havent smoked in 9 years...

aaahhh the good ole days....

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:44:06 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

yeah

i really got in the zone

If it was, I would have been disqualified more often than not

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:46:53 AM
babywuchki (90)
United States

yeah

i really got in the zone

hahahaha

chris, i personally have nothing against pot...but...i havent smoked in 9 years...

aaahhh the good ole days....

Lol, I was not making assumption, I was actually asking for myself. I don't want to get banned for using performance enhancing substances.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:48:28 AM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
guillavoie, babywuchki, you both have a phone conference with me tomorrow at noon to discuss your use of performace enhancing substances in the weekly contests

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:53:28 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

guillavoie, babywuchki, you both have a phone conference with me tomorrow at noon to discuss your use of performace enhancing substances in the weekly contests

Oh no, we're good for a 2 weeks suspension with no marijuana compensation.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:54:57 AM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania

so THATS how Gullivore dominates the leader boards....with THE POT!

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:59:37 AM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan

You must forfeit 3 bags of marijuana and must play games with the windows open from now on so if other users are in the room smoking, their second-hand smoke can't alter your gaming abilities

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:10:06 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
Do I decide the size of the bags?

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:19:18 AM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Hahaha, nice try. That will be my decision Are there any other performance enhancing substances I should know about? Any kinds of beer or liquor I may have to sample...err, confiscate?

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!