NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Music Debate 16: twenty one pilots With poll and ratings explanation

Jun 28 at 11:02:45 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

Ratings key: 
10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
9 - Killer fucking band.  Or artist.
8 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
7 - Very good, but not quite great.
6 - Pretty good.  More than a few songs you like.  You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area.  Or still alive.
5 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
4 - Meh.  There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
3 - Not very good.  You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
2 - Not your cup of tea at all.  Some people like this, but you are not one of them.
1 - Horrible in every way.
0 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time.  You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.

Current Standings:
7.84 - Michael Jackson
6.83 - Journey
6.66 - Prince
6.33 - Eminem
6.09 - Weezer
6.02 - Daft Punk
5.57 - Ghost
5.31 - Madonna
5.00 - Lady Gaga
4.66 - Avenged Sevenfold
4.53 - Bruno Mars
4.33 - Linkin Park
4.00 - twenty one pilots
3.66 - Babymetal
3.63 - My Chemical Romance
0.88 - Lil Xan

-------------------------

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 07/04/2019 at 06:28 PM by Brock Landers

Jun 28 at 11:05:35 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Pretty damn good band IMO.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jun 28 at 11:07:03 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 28 at 11:23:44 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
One of the corniest bands that's come out lately. Their Stressed song is utter garbage

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jun 28 at 11:36:31 AM
Gex (42)
(Ryley Rolls ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Gf loves them

<<< Buying TurboGrafx 16 

Jun 28 at 12:01:29 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Never heard of em.

Jun 28 at 12:11:58 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Solid 5/10 - couple pretty good songs but will be forgotten in time.

Jun 28 at 12:13:37 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
More trash. 0/10

Edited: 06/28/2019 at 12:14 PM by themisfit138

Jun 28 at 12:22:20 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
No thanks. One of many bands of today that are proof that today's music sucks. 3/10.

Jun 28 at 12:44:41 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
Never heard of it before. Not impressed.

Jun 28 at 12:45:28 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

No thanks. One of many bands of today that are proof that today's music sucks. 3/10.

Go listen to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.

Jun 28 at 12:52:02 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: Gloves

Not my kind of my music. I wasn't saying that ALL bands of today suck, but the vast majority do. And the general "sound" of today's music is just so bland. I hate it. I genuinely try to get into newer bands but so far I've only found maybe 3 bands that started after 2000.

Jun 28 at 12:55:50 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Not my kind of my music. I wasn't saying that ALL bands of today suck, but the vast majority do. And the general "sound" of today's music is just so bland. I hate it. I genuinely try to get into newer bands but so far I've only found maybe 3 bands that started after 2000.

What kind of music is your music? King Giz have done a bunch of styles.

Jun 28 at 1:05:57 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

I checked out the top songs on Spotify for them and maybe 30 seconds of each song already beat the shit out of any one of these music threads so far x100.

They deserve credit regardless if I would like them or not they are musically diverse and clearly are not defined by one sound.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/28/2019 at 01:11 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 28 at 1:07:05 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York

I like rock and alternative which really doesn't narrow it down since it's such a broad genre. Bands I like though - Weezer, Sponge, Green Day, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Dishwalla, Squeeze, The Cars, Marilyn Manson, Pearl Jam, Muse, MGMT (one of the few newer bands I like), the Offspring, Culture Club, The Police, Billy Joel, Queen, Aerosmith... I could list at least 100 different artists. When I try to find new bands to listen to I usually ignore the overall genre, but I generally don't like heavier stuff like metal, nor country or classical music, but I'm not completely against that stuff. 

Jun 28 at 1:10:52 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

I like rock and alternative which really doesn't narrow it down since it's such a broad genre. Bands I like though - Weezer, Sponge, Green Day, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Dishwalla, Squeeze, The Cars, Marilyn Manson, Pearl Jam, Muse, MGMT (one of the few newer bands I like), the Offspring, Culture Club, The Police, Billy Joel, Queen, Aerosmith... I could list at least 100 different artists. When I try to find new bands to listen to I usually ignore the overall genre, but I generally don't like heavier stuff like metal, nor country or classical music, but I'm not completely against that stuff. 

I'm confused then - what from Giz did you listen to exactly? Maybe I can suggest an album more specific to your tastes.

They do:

Psychedelic rock
Garage rock
Acid rock
Prog rock
Experimental rock
Heavy metal
Jazz-inspired
Folk rock

And more.

If you listen to just one song or one album, you've hardly touched their music, and I promise you it's all pure gold within the given genre.

Jun 28 at 1:13:29 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: YOUR-AD-HERE

I checked out the top songs on Spotify for them and maybe 30 seconds of each song already beat the shit out of any one of these music threads so far x100.

They deserve credit regardless if I would like them or not they are musically diverse and clearly are not defined by one sound.

For a band started in 2010 they're prolific as fuck. I 100% suggest giving them a go.

Jun 28 at 1:16:49 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York

I'm confused then - what from Giz did you listen to exactly? Maybe I can suggest an album more specific to your tastes.

They do:

Psychedelic rock
Garage rock
Acid rock
Prog rock
Experimental rock
Heavy metal
Jazz-inspired
Folk rock

And more.

If you listen to just one song or one album, you've hardly touched their music, and I promise you it's all pure gold within the given genre.
I listend to a few clips and it seemed like metal to me. I'll check out more of their stuff but sometimes I can hear an artist and know right away I won't like them. But I'll explore their other stuff.

Jun 28 at 1:17:34 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
I gave them a 5. Not something I normally listen to or would care for, but not something so bad that I would run to change the station.

Have a buddy that absolutely loves them though. Like almost stalker level.

Jun 28 at 1:22:44 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

They do:

Psychedelic rock
Garage rock
Acid rock
Prog rock
Experimental rock
Heavy metal
Jazz-inspired
Folk rock

And more.

I listend to a few clips and it seemed like metal to me. I'll check out more of their stuff but sometimes I can hear an artist and know right away I won't like them. But I'll explore their other stuff.

Try out the first song from these albums:
  • Nonagon Infinity
  • Fishing for Fishies
  • Gumboot Soup
  • Polygondwanaland
  • I'm in Your Mind Fuzz
  • Quarters!
Lemme know if any catch your ear.

Jun 28 at 1:47:13 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >

You gave Prince and MJ an 8...

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Jun 28 at 2:01:57 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

King Gizzard are easily an 800+.

Jun 28 at 2:18:56 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

Yeah but that's an objective rating, I haven't been able to really give any single one artist a personal rating because I haven't really cared for any of them.

Those two inparticular at least deserve a high rating and don't need to be skewed by me giving them a 2 because I don't actively listen to them.

I would listen to the band Doug is mentioning 10,000 times and I only heard 2 minutes of their music over Prince or Michael Jackson. They were more musically interesting in that short amount of time.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/28/2019 at 02:23 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 28 at 2:30:15 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >

King Gizzard are easily an 800+.
Lil Xan must have been a -6,000,000.  We're playing checkers and Toxie is playing 4D turbo chess.  Or whatever the Canadian equiavalent.  Curling I guess.

Edited: 06/28/2019 at 02:30 PM by Brock Landers

Jun 28 at 2:46:25 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
6/10

I dont hate them. They have some pretty good songs. Im not going to listen to their albums really or anything but I dont skip songs when they shuffle on pandora

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48