Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Closed Can NA Beat Every SNES Game In A Year - 2016 Games Beaten: 417/715 - Last Beaten: Equinox

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:24:21 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
TKO Super Championship Boxing is a very weird boxing game... but after spending the day on it, I managed to beat the 7 boxers on championship mode at advanced difficulty.
This is definitely not a fun boxing game.

-------------------------
A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:27:18 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: arnpoly

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Originally posted by: arnpoly

You guys are knocking it out of the park!

I want to "claim" Rampart for early 2017 after I finish off Equinox. I want to try and help here a little when I can!
Just a head's up, there is a planned ruled amendment that will allow your completion of Equinox to count, regardless of when you finish it

• Update: Titles in black must be completed entirely within the current calender year.
  • Update: Titles in green (never been beaten) will not have such a restriction.  ie if you started Lord of Darkness in 2016 and you finish it in 2017, you will get credit for the clear in 2017.

Maybe you meant Rampart?  Unless I misread the chart, someone had already done Equinox prior to 2016 so it would need to be done this year for it to count in 2016.  I've only played a couple of levels in Rampart when testing my cart so it won't hurt to start over in January!

Ah, I didn't realize it was black.  But yeah, titles like Rampart are having date restrictions removed

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:48:40 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
I'll be out of town here soon until Tuesday night, so updates will wait until then

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:54:53 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

I'll be out of town here soon until Tuesday night, so updates will wait until then
It is all good. We will try to not beat all the games till then.  

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:45:05 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
And... I have beaten the career mode at Boxing: Legends of the Ring... This one was a MUCH better and more fun/realistic boxing game.
How come I never got hold of it back in the 90s? I would have loved it to death back then!
I need to get a physical copy of this. It is a must for a boxing lover like me.

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:06:10 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
As of 5pm I still have not beaten Chaos in the Windy City. The last level is absolute bullshit and the lives I had stocked up just keep dwindling. If I game over this close to the end I'm giving up.

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:59:23 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

As of 5pm I still have not beaten Chaos in the Windy City. The last level is absolute bullshit and the lives I had stocked up just keep dwindling. If I game over this close to the end I'm giving up.

Giving up is for weaklings!  

Dec 23, 2016 at 9:11:05 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
I just spent over an hour on the last level alone. And with my final life, the boss touched me from about a third of the court away and killed me. It was almost dead. The controls are absolute shit, the game is just no fun. Nope. I'm out. There is a reason no one cared to beat it. I'm not even drunk. Completely sober I'm calling it quits.

I need to go and actually enjoy a game now.

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:06:08 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
if it makes you feel better I've experienced something similar with Mechwarrior 3050, Kendo Rage, Tecmo Super Bowl, Lord of the Rings, and god knows what else

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:39:47 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Sometimes you just have to take one for the team!
I can't even remember how many boring, terrible NES games I squashed this year just to get that list done!
I mean... I even endured 100 levels of a game about Moses and the bible! And Action 52 games!

Dec 24, 2016 at 10:44:03 AM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

... In this case, Bronze should mark me down there for beating Turma da Monica na Terra dos Monstros.  
Or maybe I should check if I have an account there and post the Genesis games I have beaten this year.
Please do! If you don't have an account and decide to create one, let me know so I can PM the admin to expedite your account activation.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:52:09 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Originally posted by: bronzeshield

... In this case, Bronze should mark me down there for beating Turma da Monica na Terra dos Monstros.  
Or maybe I should check if I have an account there and post the Genesis games I have beaten this year.
Please do! If you don't have an account and decide to create one, let me know so I can PM the admin to expedite your account activation.

I don't have an account there, but I will consider making one. Kinda wary of joining new video games themed forums, since I am woman and whatnot. Doesn't always go smooth.  
Also, looking at the list there, I don't think I can contribute much. Out of your NTSC unbeaten list, I have only completed Lemmings, Paperboy, Lemmings 2, Super Monaco GP II, Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing and The Punisher (gods, that port SUCKS).
Anyway, Metal Warriors is done.
Now onto the next one.

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:59:16 PM
dougeff (13)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Stupid question, I see Bebe's Kids on the unbeaten list. Isn't it UNBEATABLE?

nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:40:56 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Working on Syndicate for the SNES. I might have it done by tomorrow morning, since I intend to spend the whole night up playing videogames.
It is a charming version. Graphics are so very different from the PC version.

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:44:47 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Originally posted by: dougeff

Stupid question, I see Bebe's Kids on the unbeaten list. Isn't it UNBEATABLE?
No idea.  Source?

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:07:17 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York

I don't have an account there, but I will consider making one. Kinda wary of joining new video games themed forums, since I am woman and whatnot. Doesn't always go smooth.  
Also, looking at the list there, I don't think I can contribute much. Out of your NTSC unbeaten list, I have only completed Lemmings, Paperboy, Lemmings 2, Super Monaco GP II, Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing and The Punisher (gods, that port SUCKS).
Wow, you beat The Punisher on max difficulty? You're the first human I know of who's done so!

We'd love to have your contributions on board. I totally understand your concerns about weird male behavior toward female posters, but FWIW there hasn't been much of that -- if any? -- on Sega-16. There's trollishness, but not that kind AFAIK.

@dougeff: I'm not aware of anything saying Bebe's Kids is impossible. I got partway through it earlier this year before I got distracted, and what I completed wasn't too hard. Aren't there winning longplays on YouTube?

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:27:14 PM
dougeff (13)
< Eggplant Wizard >
I guess I'm wrong, I see a screenshot of the ending. It must be beatable. Just a very bad game. Not broken.

nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:38:02 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Originally posted by: bronzeshield

Wow, you beat The Punisher on max difficulty? You're the first human I know of who's done so!

We'd love to have your contributions on board. I totally understand your concerns about weird male behavior toward female posters, but FWIW there hasn't been much of that -- if any? -- on Sega-16. There's trollishness, but not that kind AFAIK.
It took me a while to be able to do it, but I sworn to since I loved the arcade version of The Punisher, and the Genesis port was so bad it made me feel this urge to destroy it somehow.  
I am checking out how the board is and studying it, just like I did with NA back in 2010, before joining just to know how to tread at first till I secure my space and reputation there. It might take a few days, but I will likely join before the end of the year and post those there.
I always tread carefully when it comes to this kind of stuff. It is for the better.

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:34:14 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
It is 08:33 am, I have yet to sleep and the Atlantic Accelerator has just been conquered.
Syndicate SNES has fallen. I think I will do the Genesis version now.

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:45:26 AM
Daniel_Doyce (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio

It is 08:33 am, I have yet to sleep and the Atlantic Accelerator has just been conquered.

How hard was Syndicate to beat? I remember buying the PC version right when it came out and enjoying the oddness of it. I spent maybe 20 hours total playing it off and on, but never got to the end.

Koeinalia: A Compendium of Koei Knowledge - NES and SNES

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:51:08 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Originally posted by: Daniel_Doyce

How hard was Syndicate to beat? I remember buying the PC version right when it came out and enjoying the oddness of it. I spent maybe 20 hours total playing it off and on, but never got to the end.

It is not too hard, specially after you get the level 3 pieces and the shield.
It is also more manageable if you do the missions with 2 agents tops.

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:56:43 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
I'll give some games a go later tonight and the next 2 days. I started up a new game of Super Meat Boy last night. I'm usually a much better player after going through it.

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:41:32 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
I kept alternating between Syndicate on the Genesis and Battle Grand Prix on the SNES today.
And Battle Grand Prix just fell.

I will see if I can beat another game or two during the week, but I will be slight busy during this week.

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:19:52 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Brock, I have also beaten Battle Grand Prix today.  

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:12:55 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Updated, Bea moves to 4th all-time