Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

00fatstrats finds Power Blade 2

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:40:01 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
went to drop off some stuff at the local thrift and decided to take a look while i was there. they had a larger than normal selection of snes games, most of which had already been there a long time(sports). i come across this game "super buster brothers" and dont recall ever seeing that one. but something sparked in my head. i checked the price charts and seen it only goes for $6, the sticker said $4.99 (they recently raised all the prices from $2.99) so i put it back and continue to go to the electronics and spot a snes cable end hanging off a shelve above head height. i pull the quickshot conqueror 2 down and thought it looked kinda cool for $3. i buy the quickshot and go back to car and get in. buster bros comes back to my mind so i decide to check the NA game guide and find out its rarity is a 8. well back in the store i go to buy it. the cart is excellent except for a tiny tear on the top label edge. i know this is not that great of a score but a 8 rarity got me excited. also if anyone knows how to program the quickshot, any info would be appreciated.0

-------------------------

Edited: 11/23/2012 at 07:23 PM by 00fatstrat

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:09:18 PM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
4.99? damn that's lucky. our goodwill is greedy and games are like 8-10 bucks a piece! good first find for sure!

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:19:11 PM
uiengineer (220)
(jeff .) < King Solomon >
Illinois
i have the box and manual for that super buster bros if you're looking to complete it (or if you want to unload the cart to me so i can complete it)

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:26:21 PM
that_one_ging (33)
(TJ Plummer) < Meka Chicken >
Indiana
I love goodwill finds, i found my Digimon World Black Label for PS1 for 2 bucks in one once. Great find!

"I virtually know nothing about the virtual boy"

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:05:39 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
oh its not my 1st find, just 1st post about a find. i got it at 1 of the 2 non-goodwill thrifts around nearby. goodwills aint too bad around here for anything besides consoles. got a silver DS with nintendog stickers all over it, broken right hinge and in a pink case (lol) for 99 cent a few weeks ago.

@uiengineer- im not a box and manual kinda guy. dont think the cart is worth a whole lot (theres completed ones on epay for under $10 shipped) probably worth more to me to just keep it. thanks for the offer though.

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:43:14 PM
BKues (0)
(C S) < Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
the good wills in my area all have a set price of 3$ for any game. They dont even put a price sticker on them a lot of times because its just 3$. the game systems now... they are one day 10$ for a N64 with all the cables, then 45$ the next day for a N64 with no cables and missing the jumper pak

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:21:43 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
My best find to date. i have a long story for this one. feel free to skip to the pics. so im in town near a movie/music/retro store and decide to stop in for a bit. i dont recall ever buying anything from this store so i rarely stop. i go in and start making my rounds from system to sytsem. I find a castlevania sotn black label with no back art for 6.99. ill take that. i keep looking and see the usual hundreds of snes/nes sports games (at least it always seems like that many). i see a rack with a load of nintendo powers and decide to take a peek. pull out a players guide nes game atlas for $1.99. ill take that. while im there i notice a guy shuffling through a big cart of nes/snes/n64 games and go for a look. on top i see an act raiser 2 for $24.99 and think to myself there might be some decent titles here. i start digging and most of the games have no price. within 10 seconds of looking BAM!!! Power Blade 2!! i think HOLY CRAP. i snatch it up and hide it between sotn and the guide. keep in mind the other dude is still next to me shuffling away. finally he walks away. in the back of mind i recall stories on NA of punks telling the cashier of what a game is worth just as someone else is getting a deal. so i go to the other side of the cart and half heartedly search more(as my anticipation grows more and more and my heart poudns) waiting for the dude to leave. i come across a rug rats in paris 64 gray label which i might recall as rare? and a super man 64. finally the other dude leaves and i take these 2 and PB2 to the cashier and say "how much are these?". shes says "ill have to look them up". i start thinking CRAP!!! so now im expecting for her to say $50 or more for PB2 and at the same time literally praying oh God please let me walk out of this store with PB2 cheap (lol). so shes says- "rug rats $10, super man $10, all of them are $10. i hear an angelic choir sing hallelujah! (not really but sounds good right?) so i say to her "ok, ill just take the old nintendo game" (lol). i decide to put back csotn and get the heck outta there before something goes bad. i only have $11 in my pocket from hittin another retro store earlier. so i tell the cashier i want the book and the game but gotta get some money out of the car. as im going outside the owner is walking in. im thinking CRAP!!! again, i really hope he doesnt know what that game is worth. i get money and go back inside, pay, leave, then feel so relieved. then i go back later on and get csotn and notice the game cart is now behind the counter for pricing. WHEW!!! what a day.

here it is freshly picked and uncleaned.

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:27:13 AM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
Sick find man! Congrats on the price.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:08:42 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
Originally posted by: BalloonFight

Sick find man! Congrats on the price.

thanks!

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:17:22 PM
BenTO (44)
(Ben T.) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona