NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

September Edition of the E-zine! Discussion thread for all articles

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:14:39 PM
TrekMD (13)
(Eugenio ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

Great stuff! I have another interview planned for the next E-Zine, and I will also talk about something about my favorite system. The idea was given to me by Benihana, as I PM'd him in order to get my Writers award added to my account (Hint:It's the Vectrex)

The Vectrex is a fantastic system and remain unique to this day! 

-------------------------
Going to the final frontier, gaming....

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:32:45 PM
thefox (0)
(Kalle Immonen) < Meka Chicken >
Finland
Big ups to 8bitmatt for the art direction on these new zines, it really takes them to a whole new level. A lot of nice articles, too!

Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: kkfos.aspekt.fi

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:45:03 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
Can't wait to read this!!

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:00:58 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Xyz article made the PunchOut nunchuck bundle go from $80 to $1000 on Amazon LOL

Sep 17, 2013 at 3:26:34 AM
Optomon (0)
(Chris Lincoln) < Little Mac >
Washington
I'd have to say this is my favorite e-zine read yet.

Great job on the legality article. As an avid rom hacker, I can say I have never felt guilty or like I was doing anything immoral and have always supported those who made reproductions and translations of games, I think they play a significant role in keeping retro gaming alive where larger companies and those with substantial resources and limited time have found it far too impractical for them. Kind of a weird system in place, but I think it reflects the frustration and demand for continual retro gaming release, among other things perhaps.

Another article I really liked was that of the interview with the Color Dreams guy. Inspirational read for anyone who works on a retro game or pursues a career. Even while doing his earlier works as a small fish competing against giants, he humbly felt like he was making a difference and was proud to work on low budget titles... and disliked how the company started becoming a strange artless cash in attempt using the bible. Glad to hear that he and others moved up in the ladder.

Also, throw in a detailed Castlevania walkthrough, an amazing and deserving show case of Battle Kid 2, and a beginner's guide to rom hacking, and you have me won.

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:04:40 AM
i2a2n2 (39)
(Ian B.) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
Just downloaded the article, and noticed something familiar where did the comanches cart picture come from? (legality of selling prototypes) ;-)

My NWC High Score 661 950  Jan 19th 2010

---------Wanted: SNES PROTOTYPES !!! PM Me-----------