Portland Retro Expo Announced Sept 18-19, 2010

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:32:03 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada

I want more Carl's Jr. Now.

Shitty stupid Canada doesn't have them.

-------------------------
Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

Sep 21, 2010 at 6:24:51 PM
Eric Dude (18)

(Eric Kennedy) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: qixmaster

Originally posted by: Eric Dude

What an awesome, AWESOME expo!!! I got about 40 more games for my collection, at an average of $3-4 bucks a piece. I love this thing, and will go every year. Nice to meet a few of you (qixmaster, I said hi briefly, but I'm such a newb around here that it was awkward). Talking with Robin Mihara was great, loved the stories about the NWC and what he thinks about Tetris. John Hancock, your panel was informative; I definitely came away with a few nuggets. Wanted to talk to you after the panel, but you were mobbed by groupies.

Good show, guys!

Ah Com'n guy   Awkward is my middle name.  You should have seen Dan and Curtis and Me all spooning.  Erik was shooting the video.  Now THAT was awkward.  I hope you can make it to the show next year or maybe even the one that Mr. Hancock puts on in Longview.

Um, YES!!! I will definitely be at the show next year, as I have the last 3 years now, but I have never even HEARD of this show Mr. Hancock puts on in Longview. Someone please put me in the direction of details and I will definitely be there!!!

Maybe at the next gathering I can actually meet some of you guys and, ya know, hang out or something.

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:42:25 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
I was at the Longview show earlier this year. There is a thread here on NA about it, I even posted some pictures from it. I stayed at the Red Lion where the show was, hit the show that morning and then drove home that afternoon. It's not anywhere as cool, no auction, no live arcade, no speeches, etc... but there was 2 rooms of vendors selling retro goodness.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:33:12 AM
Eric Dude (18)

(Eric Kennedy) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Two rooms full of vendors? Good enough for me! Looks like it's for a good cause, too. If it's around the same time as last year, I don't see any reason I can't make it down there (if it is indeed running again).

Anyway, I'm gonna go post my haul in Finders Keepers, kbye!

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:56:28 AM
rick weis (21)
(Rick weis) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: Eric Dude

Two rooms full of vendors? Good enough for me! Looks like it's for a good cause, too. If it's around the same time as last year, I don't see any reason I can't make it down there (if it is indeed running again).

it will be back! 

Rick

http://NWCGE.org...

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:16:37 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Hey Curtis... you should checkout Youtube. Someone filmed the entire live auction and your dome is in the shot the entire 40 minutes... to a lessor extent Josh, me, Bronty, MCMRose, SystemFreak all the backs of our heads thought it was pretty funny.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!

Edited: 09/24/2010 at 12:17 AM by Braveheart69

Sep 24, 2010 at 11:43:28 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Got a link Erik?

eBay listings here

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:01:39 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
lol, shaved head obstruction, 100 points.

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:40:34 AM
swlovinist (104)
(John Hancock) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Cowlitz Gamers for kids(Kelso Red Lion Hotel) is a brainchild of something that I have wanted to do for a long time. Last year was a first go at it, and the show was a success. It will be a fundraiser for the same agency as it was last year(Childrens Justice and Advocacy Center). All admission proceeds will go to CJAC, as well as a portion of vendor sales. Last year the final total raised was $1300. While details have yet to be worked out, the show will be returning this year. A date has yet to be finalized and I want to have it not interfere with any other shows. While is is a smaller show, my vision is that the show grows in size. PRGE graciously funded this show last year, as well as had 110 percent support of this event. This year will be even better. I would like to thank the people from this site who made an effort to support the event. This year is going to rock!

Follow me on YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/swlo...

Sep 25, 2010 at 1:38:01 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington

Here's a pic I took at the show earlier this year featuring Mr. John Hancock himself...   You can always tell John from his daring hat choices.  

Edited: 09/25/2010 at 01:38 PM by Braveheart69

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:55:50 AM
Shai'tan (16)
(Justin Bieber) < Crack Trooper >
Washington
Originally posted by: qixmaster

Got a link Erik?

I filmed the entire auction along with Robin's Keynote and a lot of other stuff too I'm working as fast as I can to get stuff up!

also I just read through this entire thread! LOL! you guys are quite entertaining... so much so that I put off eating until I was done xD

My stupid YouTube Channel

Edited: 09/27/2010 at 04:00 AM by Shai'tan