NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New Member Some of you may know me :)

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:14:02 PM
Thor (52)
(Thor Aackerlund) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Hi Site!

Ran into this site by accident, looks really cool, actually I found the AGE Expo site first. Was a pleasure talking with Dain, and looking forward to meeting some of you guys at the show! Definitely sounds like something not to be missed.

-Thor Aackerlund

-------------------------
Yes, 1990 NWC in case you're curious :) A long long time ago, in a video game competition far far away.

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:15:47 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
thor!!! love the name! welcome to the site!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:16:07 PM
Mr. Gimmick (50)
(Gimmick, Mr.) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Welcome to the site !

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:27:24 PM
Thor (52)
Texas
Thanks guys! Yall know how to make someone feel welcome

Yes, 1990 NWC in case you're curious :) A long long time ago, in a video game competition far far away.

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:29:35 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
u dont know the half of it! should i really make him feel welcome guys?

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:29:46 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Welcome to NintendoAge Thor!

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:30:11 PM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
AMAZING!! Thor Aackerlund!  We have a real Nintendo Celebrity here now!

Edited: 08/18/2008 at 04:30 PM by jaredkk

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:36:27 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
It was great talking to you today, Thor. Guys, this is the *real* Thor, you know, the 1990 NWC champ. I'll be making a more formal announcement about the expo, but let's just say that Thor will be our honorary guest!

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:38:45 PM
Mr. Gimmick (50)
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Dain

It was great talking to you today, Thor. Guys, this is the *real* Thor, you know, the 1990 NWC champ. I'll be making a more formal announcement about the expo, but let's just say that Thor will be our honorary guest!

Wow cool! Didn't know he was the NWC champ, pardon my lack of NWC knowllege ! Very cool Thor! What did you get for winning the NWC besides the cart

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:40:54 PM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
HOLY CRAP!!! Welcome to the site.

Seth, if you're going to do something weird, DON'T.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:46:59 PM
Thor (52)
Texas
Originally posted by: Mr. Gimmick

Wow cool! Didn't know he was the NWC champ, pardon my lack of NWC knowllege ! Very cool Thor! What did you get for winning the NWC besides the cart

Hi Mr. G.

Well, it was mostly just a whole lot of fun, very interesting time in my life. I got to meet some incredible people from all walks of life. Particularly memorable were Howard Philips and Alexey Pajitnov.

As for the prizes, it was a Mitsubishi Big-Screen, a $10k US Savings Bond, and a Geo Metro LSi Convertible. Not bad for some good old gamin.

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:49:52 PM
Mr. Gimmick (50)
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Thor

Originally posted by: Mr. Gimmick

Hi Mr. G.

Well, it was mostly just a whole lot of fun, very interesting time in my life. I got to meet some incredible people from all walks of life. Particularly memorable were Howard Philips and Alexey Pajitnov.

As for the prizes, it was a Mitsubishi Big-Screen, a $10k US Savings Bond, and a Geo Metro LSi Convertible. Not bad for some good old gamin.
Wow awsome dude! That must have felt so good winning a competition like that, awsome prizes as well. Too bad I was born arround the time of the NWC, would have loved to go to something like that

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:51:54 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Thor, do you still have your NWC cart?

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:55:14 PM
Thor (52)
Texas
Originally posted by: PSerge

I really don't know for sure. My family has moved so often that I couldn't begin to tell you where it might be. Perhaps it's in my dad's garage or something.

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:55:48 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
Hello Thor! It is great to see you join. I hope to see you around the boards. There are a couple of Semi-Finalists here as well. In July, I actually had the pleasure to meet Ohio contestant (and NA member) Steve Gingerich and I actually purchased his NWC cart from him. I got to ask alot of dumb questions that we all wonder about the event. Sound like it was alot of fun. Enjoy your stay!

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:55:56 PM
Mr. Gimmick (50)
Connecticut

I really don't know for sure. My family has moved so often that I couldn't begin to tell you where it might be. Perhaps it's in my dad's garage or something.

NWC in a garage! O_O

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:58:19 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
wow, i didnt know a car was part of the prizes! cool info! and aaron, any dude who won a nintendo competition wouldnt be scared off by something weird, cuz lets face it, to have the skill to win that competition, (no offense by this whatsoever) he has got to be a little weird himself! haha. the expo is going to be huge! ditka and thor!

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:02:57 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York

You should dig it up. If it doesn't concern you, you could probably make ALOT of money if you flashed that thing at a couple of members here. What number was it just out of curiosity?

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:07:10 PM
Thor (52)
Texas
Originally posted by: themotherbrain

You should dig it up. If it doesn't concern you, you could probably make ALOT of money if you flashed that thing at a couple of members here. What number was it just out of curiosity?

Heh, I have no idea. I played it a few times, messed around with the dip switches (makes the timing change dramatically) then tossed it in my closet. I was worn out on the whole thing by then. These days I have fond memories of NES, but at the time, I just wanted something different, so I was all about SNES/Genesis/TG16.

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:09:46 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: srh201

the expo is going to be huge! ditka and thor!

Correction. Thor and Ditka. 

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:10:15 PM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
Welcome to the site, Thor! I hope you enjoy your stay here

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:16:30 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Welcome!

It's so crazy. To all the members here the NWC cart is like, the holy grail of video games. If we saw one in public we would get dizzy spells and have to grab onto something not to pass out. And here this guy is who won the entire contest, says he "might" still have it, somewhere in his garage. Haha. Crazy!

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:23:39 PM
Thor (52)
Texas
Hehehe Yeah I guess it's all a matter of perspective. For me, the RUF Auto Centre down the street from my work is a thrill, seeing $500k custom Porsches lined up like so much metal candy. For the guys that work with them every day, they're probably only moderately interesting.

For me, the fun of the NWC was the traveling, and meeting so many interesting and wonderful people. The cart itself had little interest to me after the trip back from Cali. I haven't played it since January 1991 lol.

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:28:56 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: themotherbrain

The gold ones don't have numbers   And welcome to Thor... I'm wondering when was the last time you booted up an 8 bit Nintendo...

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:31:54 PM
mario's left nut (163)
(Poster Nutbag) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
THOR!!

Welcome dude! Amazing that you signed up here and even more amazing that you are going to be at the Expo! Cannot wait to meet you! Would love to hear some stories about 'the road'!!!

MLN'er

Do tigers sleep in lily patches, do rhinos run from thunder?