Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

$100 REWARD. Help me find my NES Please help me find my original NES

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:29:19 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I know this is a long shot but I figure it's worth a try. I'm trying to get the NES I owned as a child. I just lost it a few years ago. It was last seen in south Florida (Florida keys). I took it to a local skate/music shop. The guy closed up shop and left town before I was able to get it back. It has a green power light and a pretty unique sticker of a car on the lid. The way the green power light was installed is also pretty, we'll say unique, as well. I'm not real sure where the guy left to but apparently he was apart of the band "yellowcard" I think that was it. Random I know but maybe that info will help somehow. He might have sold it or it could have been thrown away I really have no idea. It would mean a lot to me if I could get it back somehow. Reward is legit if somebody can get the console back in my hands and I feel like it's my original console. Please help. Thanks everybody.

-------------------------
 2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:34:35 AM
Nes Freak (31)
(Dave ) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

I know this is a long shot but I figure it's worth a try. I'm trying to get the NES I owned as a child. I just lost it a few years ago. It was last seen in south Florida (Florida keys). I took it to a local skate/music shop. The guy closed up shop and left town before I was able to get it back. It has a green power light and a pretty unique sticker of a car on the lid. The way the green power light was installed is also pretty, we'll say unique, as well. I'm not real sure where the guy left to but apparently he was apart of the band "yellowcard" I think that was it. Random I know but maybe that info will help somehow. He might have sold it or it could have been thrown away I really have no idea. It would mean a lot to me if I could get it back somehow. Reward is legit if somebody can get the console back in my hands and I feel like it's my original console. Please help. Thanks everybody.

i know its very neil that it will turn up.  but anather nes can be modded for a green led and  what ever sticker you had on it can problably be found and placed on it for a cheaper price than 100.

i live know where near florida so i cant help but i do wish you luck in finding it

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:44:17 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
i know its very neil that it will turn up.  but anather nes can be modded for a green led and  what ever sticker you had on it can problably be found and placed on it for a cheaper price than 100.

i live know where near florida so i cant help but i do wish you luck in finding it

Thank you. It just wouldn't be the same to replicate it. Sentimental value > $100

Also the name of the skate/music shop was "Low Key Skate and Music".

Thanks again.

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:05:38 AM
Faxanadude (21)
(A Winner Is You) < Kraid Killer >
North Carolina
Without a serial number its a longshot. Heck its a longshot WITH a serial number. If it was resold the sticker was probably removed. And a lot of systems have LED mods. Mine has a blue light. Good luck though man. I want it to happen for ya.

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:07:00 AM
Faxanadude (21)
(A Winner Is You) < Kraid Killer >
North Carolina
If this guy is actually a member of yellowcard then you can at least track him down. He may still have it or know who he sold all his systems to when he closed up shop.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:48:37 AM
Nes Freak (31)
(Dave ) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Thank you. It just wouldn't be the same to replicate it. Sentimental value > $100 Also the name of the skate/music shop was "Low Key Skate and Music". Thanks again.

no problem! i know what you mean... nothing can replace it.  ive swaped out every part on my nes for nicer looking parts.  the only thing that still original to my nes is the front controller ports lol.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:14:49 AM
ifightdragons (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Norway
I used to listen to Yellowcard... man has time flown by. I hope you find your NES!

I write shorthand reviews of every classic game I beat on The Backloggery, have a look-see.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:28:33 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
I remember playing NES with this girl back in the day.

We were both 16, and it felt so right, sleeping all day, playing NES all niiiiiight...

Was it that shop down on Ocean Avenue?

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:51:14 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

We were both 16, and it felt so right, sleeping all day, playing NES all niiiiiight...

Where I used to sit and talk with you?

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:57:54 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

The subtitle to this thread could actually really be, "If I could find you now things would get better" haha

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:21:42 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

The subtitle to this thread could actually really be, "If I could find you now things would get better" haha

Lol. It would get better! Not the shop on ocean ave also I will add an nes to the $100 so your not out an nes. Thank you again everybody!

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:28:30 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Oh shit lol! Bump this mother for Kobra kaiiii!

Bring home my NES.

Also I don't think the top shell was attached since I did the led "mod"  

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:22:53 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
bump for the grinder  

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:45:58 PM
Farnsy84 (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Did you loan it to warren cooke?

Looking for Retro Game Stores in the Northern Virginia/D.C./Maryland area? Click HERE.

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:30:27 PM
DuarteDF (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Portugal
The band has a twitter account. Hit 'em up!

May 16, 2017 at 5:26:31 PM
wesr (19)
< Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
I know this feeling, I know where my SNES and NES were up until about 15 years ago but after that it's hard to tell, I'd love to have them and the box of games back but they've either been resold or thrown out at this point.

Jul 7, 2017 at 1:42:36 AM
ShadowTheTypo (0)
< Cherub >
Louisiana
yea its gonna be hard to track something like that down

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:25:11 PM
Farnsy84 (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
So I spoke with Warren Cooke, the guy from Yellowcard who used to own the Low Key skate shop. He said he remembers you bringing the system in and people playing it. But he said he doesn't remember seeing it there when they were doing the final sweep of the place. He gave me the names of a couple other people working there around the time, but no one has got back to me yet.

It kinda crazy that he even remembers the system being there.

Looking for Retro Game Stores in the Northern Virginia/D.C./Maryland area? Click HERE.

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:31:54 AM
dustyrose568 (3)

< Cherub >
Illinois
if farnsy isnt pulling your leg im hooked,this would be one of the coolest finds ever,good luck

Jul 8, 2017 at 9:36:23 AM
Farnsy84 (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
No leg pulling here..

Jul 8, 2017 at 9:46:37 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Where in the world is Skinny's NES?

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e