Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every SNES Game in a Year - 2014 Better late than never. Progress: 201/720; 27.9%

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:18:23 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Hey, sorry about the lack of an update. Been lurking at work, but not getting on when I get home to post and shit. I'll do an update now and go from there Keep up the good work guys!

-------------------------

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:25:35 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

How would Ms. Pac-me be considered beaten?

The NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis versions of the game developed by either Tengen or Williams featured additional updates by including four different sets of mazes. Players could choose from the original arcade mazes, bigger mazes, smaller mazes, and "strange" mazes. A boost button was also added which allows Ms. Pac-Man to move faster, and two player modes are available where player 2 controls Pac-Man. These releases end at level 32 and feature a fourth intermission scene as the ending.

Source: http://www.retrogameguide.com/gam...

I was thinking that most other versions end/loop at level 32, so I was inclined to go that way.  I would say that would count here as well.  I'm also inclined to say that it doesn't matter which mode you win on, or if you use continues (if applicable), just beat the game once

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:37:19 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
And we are now up-to-date again

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:17:46 AM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball

Jeopardy Deluxe Edition

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:14:46 AM
cjRobot (0)
(Chris ) < Cherub >
Florida

Super Double Dragon  - This game is super easy, surprised nobody got this one yet. Really lame ending, though. All it does is roll the credits.

Barbie Super Model - My sister used to have this game and so I knew it was really easy, so... whatever just cross it off the list.

Sep 16, 2014 at 3:25:51 AM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky
I figured I'd knock out another one of the Jeopardy Games before calling it a night.

Jeopardy Sports Edition

Edited: 09/16/2014 at 03:27 AM by ink625

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:12:19 PM
cjRobot (0)
(Chris ) < Cherub >
Florida

Lufia & The Fortess of Doom - not as much fun as I remember it being, I think maybe the second one was a lot better. Still had a good time, though!

Sep 17, 2014 at 2:54:17 AM
Wyldephang (0)
(Ryan B.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland
Originally posted by: stupidRobot

Lufia & The Fortess of Doom - not as much fun as I remember it being, I think maybe the second one was a lot better. Still had a good time, though!

I beat that one a few years ago.  Did you happen to capture your endgame completion stats?

- Ryan

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:23:19 AM
cjRobot (0)
(Chris ) < Cherub >
Florida
Originally posted by: Wyldephang

I beat that one a few years ago.  Did you happen to capture your endgame completion stats?
Aww no I didn't get a pic of that. I know I beat it in just under 25 hours, I missed maybe 20 or so of the chests in the game, and it said I only got one game over, but that was becuase I usually just reset the game when I died rather than losing half my GP. There were a few caves in the game that really tested my patience.

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:40:46 AM
Wyldephang (0)
(Ryan B.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland

Aww no I didn't get a pic of that. I know I beat it in just under 25 hours, I missed maybe 20 or so of the chests in the game, and it said I only got one game over, but that was becuase I usually just reset the game when I died rather than losing half my GP. There were a few caves in the game that really tested my patience.

Not too bad, then. For some reason, I was compelled to snap a photo of my endgame stats, even long before I started regularly taking pictures of such things. I think my levels were in the mid-40s, but I remember grinding for Aguro's Might Sword to make the final battle easier. Speaking of which, I found the final battle to be more difficult than it needed to be. Because the boss kept spamming confuse on my party, I ended up giving Jerin a weak bow to use against my party in case they were affected by the spell. Rather than have my heaviest hitters cut themselves and their allies to pieces, Jerin's bow could consistently knock everyone out of confuse without doing too much damage. I remember doing that a few times; needless to say, that whole fight just felt tedious. How did you handle it?

- Ryan

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:10:24 PM
cjRobot (0)
(Chris ) < Cherub >
Florida

Not too bad, then. For some reason, I was compelled to snap a photo of my endgame stats, even long before I started regularly taking pictures of such things. I think my levels were in the mid-40s, but I remember grinding for Aguro's Might Sword to make the final battle easier. Speaking of which, I found the final battle to be more difficult than it needed to be. Because the boss kept spamming confuse on my party, I ended up giving Jerin a weak bow to use against my party in case they were affected by the spell. Rather than have my heaviest hitters cut themselves and their allies to pieces, Jerin's bow could consistently knock everyone out of confuse without doing too much damage. I remember doing that a few times; needless to say, that whole fight just felt tedious. How did you handle it?

That's exactly what I did, Jerin had the bow you get from collecting the Dragon Eggs and he ususally would knock the team back to their senses. Other than that I just had the hero and Aguro attack while Jerin and Lufia used Boost to cure everyone. Still a real pain even though my characters were all level 50-something. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't much use for most of the magic in the game besides the curing spells.

The other boss that annoyed me the most was the two pirates you fight in one of the towers. They do the same thing, casting confuse, paralyze and sleep on the party all throughout the battle, it drove me nuts.

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:33:04 PM
FullMoonCello (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Ontario
Anyone who can beat Metal Morph deserves 10 points. You should watch the SpeedDemosArchive run of it they did at Awesome Games Done Quick to see how amazingly bad it is.

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:04:10 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
(I'm Naked) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
We are struggling along at this this year. I'll put in some time tonight/tomorrow and see if I can knock out a few. We only have a couple more months!

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:20:47 PM
cjRobot (0)
(Chris ) < Cherub >
Florida
Originally posted by: CompleteSNES

We are struggling along at this this year. I'll put in some time tonight/tomorrow and see if I can knock out a few. We only have a couple more months!

I'm trying!

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:44:00 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
54 completions are needed to match the 2012 numbers, FWIW. (104 are needed to match 2013.)

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:17:22 AM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky
Jeopardy

Top Gear 2

Natsume Championship Wrestling

Edited: 09/20/2014 at 01:20 AM by ink625

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:34:35 AM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky
Figured I'd squeeze in another simple one before turning in for the night.

Wheel of Fortune

Edited: 09/20/2014 at 10:53 AM by ink625

Sep 20, 2014 at 6:51:03 PM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky
Mortal Kombat 3

Edited: 09/20/2014 at 06:51 PM by ink625

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:05:23 AM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky
Al Unser Jr.'s Road To The Top

Edited: 09/21/2014 at 01:05 AM by ink625

Sep 21, 2014 at 3:03:43 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Damn Ink, nobody said you have to do it single-handed! Way to climb the rankings man!

Up to date again

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:27:14 PM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Damn Ink, nobody said you have to do it single-handed! Way to climb the rankings man!

Up to date again

Thanks! I'm off work with a foot injury so I've got more free time than usual right now.

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish some more games this week.

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:47:29 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
Michigan
^nice work ink! I had some friends over figuring to play snes and they all wanted to play n64. Tha fuuuuq? It will be way easier for me to put in time when it gets cold out and I'm stuck inside during the winter.

Sep 21, 2014 at 10:17:03 PM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky

^nice work ink! I had some friends over figuring to play snes and they all wanted to play n64. Tha fuuuuq? It will be way easier for me to put in time when it gets cold out and I'm stuck inside during the winter.

Thanks!

I know what you mean about everyone wanting to play N64.  I like the N64 too, but it's not in the same galaxy as the SNES as far as I'm concerned.

Edited: 09/21/2014 at 10:18 PM by ink625

Sep 21, 2014 at 10:26:30 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
Michigan
Originally posted by: ink625

Thanks!

I know what you mean about everyone wanting to play N64.  I like the N64 too, but it's not in the same galaxy as the SNES as far as I'm concerned.

I 100% agree. I think snes has many of the best games of all time. Several games that I will probably play until I'm old and die. Mario RPG, I'm lookin at you.

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:02:12 AM
ink625 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Kentucky
Clayfighter: Tournament Edition

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters

Edited: 09/22/2014 at 01:02 AM by ink625