Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

bible adventures proto chips ebay who got em

May 6, 2011 at 2:26:41 PM
nes junkie (16)
(micheal claar) < El Ripper >
North Carolina
i sent seller message and bid sumwhat . he said they were currupt so i was hesitant did anybody on here get them and consider selling them?

-------------------------
 i buy SEALED 3d battles of worldrunner amy condition 

May 6, 2011 at 6:36:08 PM
removed04092017 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Bowser >
Other
Link? I have failed to find the auction. Even to me, buying ROMS that are bad wouldn't be worth the risk. It could be one bad bit or a half-dead ROM. You just don't know without them telling the details.

May 6, 2011 at 7:56:23 PM
nes junkie (16)
North Carolina

May 6, 2011 at 8:16:21 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
Ahh, thanks. Seems like an okay price for just the cartridge board. Maybe if the owner will post if they want to. I'd be interested in maybe helping them fix it if possible. I hope they're salvageable. I think that was a decent price actually.

May 18, 2011 at 1:31:01 PM
VGS_fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: 3GenGames

Link? I have failed to find the auction. Even to me, buying ROMS that are bad wouldn't be worth the risk. It could be one bad bit or a half-dead ROM. You just don't know without them telling the details.

I was the seller on those, it's just that I don't enjoy publicizing my sales.

I'm not sure where anyone gets the impression that I was hiding something though (aka "You just don't know without them telling the details").  In the auction I mention that I believe(d) the chips to be corrupt, and that they were that way on arrival.  The guy I purchased the chips from thought the same thing.  Not sure how being up front about it is not telling details, lol.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

May 18, 2011 at 1:36:15 PM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
^^^ I don't think they meant that you weren't being upfront about the fact that the chips were corrupt, I think they meant that it was hard to tell exactly how damaged they were without further description.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

May 18, 2011 at 1:46:31 PM
VGS_fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Ah okay, thanks. I just thought that due to the pronoun "them", they were referring to the seller of the auction

I take my selling very seriously, so if people were thinking that I was hiding something somehow, I wanted to know why they thought that.

-----

May 18, 2011 at 3:39:58 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
The description was fine, but if you maybe dove deep into the ROM to see if you could tell how much was corrupted you'd probably get more interest because it wouldn't have been such a mystery to invest on. Many time whole half of ROM's go bad for no reason. I know it's more likely bit rot, but it just seemed shaky. It was what I was hinting more at. Any story on how you got those? Find it in the wild by any chance?

May 18, 2011 at 4:34:17 PM
VGS_fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: 3GenGames

The description was fine, but if you maybe dove deep into the ROM to see if you could tell how much was corrupted you'd probably get more interest because it wouldn't have been such a mystery to invest on. Many time whole half of ROM's go bad for no reason. I know it's more likely bit rot, but it just seemed shaky. It was what I was hinting more at. Any story on how you got those? Find it in the wild by any chance?

I think this is a good time to mention something to everyone, because it is something that I believe many people forget about.  Not all of us have the technology for dumping roms, nor are all of us tech savvy   That said, I had no way of providing more information than one what listed.

I had gotten those from someone else, who sold them to me (non-working) way back in the day when he was selling some other prototypes of Tengen games.  Where that guy got them, I have no idea.  

-----

May 18, 2011 at 6:06:19 PM
nes junkie (16)
North Carolina
i didnt care if they were curropt to where all u could see was maybe title screen and start of first level i wanted em but bid all i could spend at time. really wish seller would have sold me just the chips.

May 18, 2011 at 7:27:14 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
Ahhh darn, I was hoping for an epic story to them. Sucks you couldn't check the game out, I thought you may have had a programer since you burned another set of ROM's....sorry! Oh well....maybe whoever they went to will release them and even attempt fix them. That'd be great for everyone.