Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak Ebay Auction Most Likley Fake

May 10, 2013 at 10:09:09 AM
Scerena4 (65)
(Kyle Scerena) < El Ripper >
Illinois
So this morning I was looking on ebay and just happened to see if there was any Flinstones:S@DP auctions being posted. I find this one ending today at 500.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flintstones-Surprise-Dinosaur-Peak-N...

I was pretyy suprised all the pictures seemed good, description says the box is a reproduction but thats fine it was disclosed, was somewhat worried it was in chile. So I look at his sold feedback and he only has 7 and 6/7 are for Flinstones:S@DP.  I'd be wary of this auction (281104246912) even though every person that's bought one has left positive feedback.

May 10, 2013 at 10:15:50 AM
Sniglet (32)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Yeah, I wouldnt trust it. Even though he's admitting to the box being a reproduction, why would he not reproduce the game as well? Its in awfully good condition and I know that's no real way to judge a cart. But if he has already sold 7 prestine condition games with reproduction boxes.... yeah.... imma go play with my masters of the universe action figures instead.

May 10, 2013 at 10:18:28 AM
RetroDave (41)
(Dave T) < El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Yeah, sounds like 6 people already got ripped off. I wouldn't trust this at all.

I mean, he even has "badguy" in his name.

-------------------------
For sale/trade.  Want to trade for.

May 10, 2013 at 10:20:39 AM
Sniglet (32)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
LOL. I didnt even notice that. Yeah it sounds like he's being cocky about ripping people off. Like if i were a serial killer who kept evading the law my name would be.... oh i dunno..... killer kool or something. This guy might as well be Alex_fakeshit

May 10, 2013 at 10:25:20 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
I would be very wary of buying a F2 from South America. Here is some discussion about them.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

http://www.nintendoage.com/index....

They have F2 carts made by playtronic with the only difference being the back label, so they can swap them out and there is no way to tell. Evidently these playtronic carts are easier to find down there? With guys selling multiple copies from Chile and the like it seems to be the case.

May 10, 2013 at 10:47:06 AM
pcp711 (7)
(Paul ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Agree with everyone who is calling BS. I try really really hard to only buy my rare items in the wild or from trusted sources/collectors/contacts. If you end up getting scammed for a repro, paypal requires a laundry list of things to be done before they even consider listening to your side of the story. There was a thread a few days ago about a guy who bought a hagane and aerofighter ( i think)that ended up being repro junk. Paypal wanted written proof/explanation from a third party expert on their own company letter head before they would even consider looking into it. Ridiculous. The crap people are getting away with in the vastly expanding world wide collector market that is NTSC Nintendo shocks me. Be diligent in your scrutiny of rare items like these as big boys ebay and paypal couldn't care less about your problems and concerns. Truth.

May 10, 2013 at 11:05:28 AM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Originally posted by: RetroDave

Yeah, sounds like 6 people already got ripped off. I wouldn't trust this at all.

I mean, he even has "badguy" in his name.

LOL at alex_badguy. At least he's honest about something.

Edited: 05/10/2013 at 11:18 AM by Slayter

May 10, 2013 at 12:09:12 PM
DrAfrokid (64)
(Mario Caruffo) < Meka Chicken >
Chile

Hi my friends,

I am not here to support this guy (but I know him, he has a retrogame store here in Chile and sell principally Super famicom games). Here in Chile Flintstone 2 is not particularly rare (was sold in many stores), I personally had 5 copies of dinosaur peak. But well ultimately yes, because many guys are searching just to sell it on Ebay This guy for example do that, is in all forums, and auction sites looking for rare games to sell on Ebay, just see his feedback.

I think the games is legit for that reason.

This is a really funny and pussy magnet photo of one guy that illustrates what I say (Could be a Meme) Jajaja.

http://www.retrogames.cl/imagenes...

Visit my retrogaming blog! http://www.elblogdelafro.com 

My FT/FO Thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 10, 2013 at 12:10:02 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
Originally posted by: B.A.

I would be very wary of buying a F2 from South America. Here is some discussion about them.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=3&...

http://www.nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Element.View...

They have F2 carts made by playtronic with the only difference being the back label, so they can swap them out and there is no way to tell. Evidently these playtronic carts are easier to find down there? With guys selling multiple copies from Chile and the like it seems to be the case.

That's not faking anything. They are literally the exact same thing.

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

May 10, 2013 at 12:12:40 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
Where did I say "fake"? I didn't call them repros or anything.

If they were literally the exact same thing they would have the same back label.

May 10, 2013 at 12:15:27 PM
Phins (68)
Utah

If they were literally the exact same thing they would have the same back label.

Well, you did say be very wary even though Playtronic carts are legit.
I assume since these are US carts that the old back label was removed during importing. It's akin to arguing a Myriad isn't a Caltron.

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Edited: 05/10/2013 at 12:16 PM by Phins

May 10, 2013 at 12:23:31 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Phins

I assume since these are US carts that the old back label was removed during importing. It's akin to arguing a Myriad isn't a Caltron.

Nope, what I'm arguing is they aren't "literally" the same thing. As I would for Caltron and Myriad.  Some people might not care about the difference, but it exists and people should be aware of that before purchasing.

May 10, 2013 at 12:28:09 PM
Phins (68)
Utah

Originally posted by: Phins

Nope, what I'm arguing is they aren't "literally" the same thing. As I would for Caltron and Myriad.  Some people might not care about the difference, but it exists and people should be aware of that before purchasing.

I agree with you that people should be aware, but in my mind they are close enough for all practical purposes. They just shipped the excess off to South America. I'd buy one and count it in my NTSC set.

This, is Outer Heaven.

May 10, 2013 at 1:14:06 PM
DrAfrokid (64)
Chile
Originally posted by: DrAfrokid

Hi my friends,

I am not here to support this guy (but I know him, he has a retrogame store here in Chile and sell principally Super famicom games). Here in Chile Flintstone 2 is not particularly rare (was sold in many stores), I personally had 5 copies of dinosaur peak. But well ultimately yes, because many guys are searching just to sell it on Ebay This guy for example do that, is in all forums, and auction sites looking for rare games to sell on Ebay, just see his feedback.

This is a really funny and pussy magnet photo of one guy that illustrates what I say (Could be a Meme) Jajaja.

http://www.retrogames.cl/imagenes/varios/saca_pica_piedras.jpg

I think nobody read my answer LOL.

May 10, 2013 at 1:18:32 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Hi my friends,

thanks Mario.

So are the south american boxes identical to the US boxes?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 10, 2013 at 1:19:06 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
are there any scans or really sharp pictures of south american boxes available?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 10, 2013 at 1:21:23 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
^ oh and yeah, that's an awesome photo! The playboy pinball ad just makes it that much better too

May 10, 2013 at 1:25:49 PM
DrAfrokid (64)
Chile
Originally posted by: Bronty

Hi my friends,

thanks Mario.

So are the south american boxes identical to the US boxes?

Yes, are the same in fact the version we get here is the USA version.

All the most rare licenced NES games (except Stadium Events), are more more "common" in here because when SNES appear in USA, NES still too popular in here, and many games came from north to south.

I am sorry, but I haven´t a CIB copy of Dinosaur Peak on my collection, I sold it some years ago, I think it was easy to get another, but nothing T_T.

I have the cart alone I could upload some photos in details if you want.

May 10, 2013 at 1:35:39 PM
mrlemnas (5)
(J. H.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Okay, I got a couple questions...

These carts are essentially the same, and if the back is swapped they become identical, correct?

DrAfrokid, when you say this game is not particulary rare, what exactly do you mean? If you wanted to, could you go find 5 copies today?

May 10, 2013 at 1:36:44 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
thanks! So basically all of the late issue games like samson, bubble bobble 2, mario time machine, etc would fall into that then?

Is it just chile where this situation exists, or brazil, argentina, etc as well?

May 10, 2013 at 1:39:26 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: mrlemnas

These carts are essentially the same, and if the back is swapped they become identical, correct?

DrAfrokid, when you say this game is not particulary rare, what exactly do you mean? If you wanted to, could you go find 5 copies today?
well of course not.   Given that they can be flipped on ebay for 800 bucks probably every guy in chile is scouring every game store and any other avenue they can think of for them.

May 10, 2013 at 1:48:36 PM
mrlemnas (5)
(J. H.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Bronty

well of course not.   Given that they can be flipped on ebay for 800 bucks probably every guy in chile is scouring every game store and any other avenue they can think of for them.

Yeah, they could've been flipped on eBay for quite sometime too,aand haven't been. It has probably only been happening for the last year or so, so the inventory might not even be close to being tapped out yet. I mean, two years ago we weren't seeing a steady influx of these games, but they were still there. Now that people have figured out they can make cash on them, how many more can we expect?

May 10, 2013 at 1:48:42 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
We covered this a couple of years ago I believe. There's a ton of identical F2 carts out of Chile / South America, but the boxes were different.

That's why I said it was overvalued at $400... yet now it's $800. It's not nearly as rare as the price indicates but hype keeps on taking off.

Same thing with ISS 2000 on N64. Brazilian copies are identical, even the boxes. I think that one plateaued a bit though and has been priced within reason.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

May 10, 2013 at 1:51:28 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: jonebone

We covered this a couple of years ago I believe. There's a ton of identical F2 carts out of Chile / South America, but the boxes were different.

That's why I said it was overvalued at $400... yet now it's $800. It's not nearly as rare as the price indicates but hype keeps on taking off.

Same thing with ISS 2000 on N64. Brazilian copies are identical, even the boxes. I think that one plateaued a bit though and has been priced within reason.
Thx jone. So how are the boxes different ? If there are f2 carts in south america arent there also little samson and panic restaurant carts etc?

Edited: 05/10/2013 at 02:02 PM by Bronty

May 10, 2013 at 1:57:33 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

Yeah, they could've been flipped on eBay for quite sometime too,aand haven't been. It has probably only been happening for the last year or so, so the inventory might not even be close to being tapped out yet. I mean, two years ago we weren't seeing a steady influx of these games, but they were still there. Now that people have figured out they can make cash on them, how many more can we expect?
They have been flipped on eBay for quite sometime... here's one of the first threads where it came up in June 2011 (2 years ago).

Another thread 2012

I'm not an expert on this, I just know I want no part of an F2 cart.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 05/10/2013 at 01:57 PM by jonebone