Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2018 Weekly Contests Presents: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Contest ends Sunday, 4/15/18 at 11 PM NA time

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:59:04 AM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the Weekly Contests!  Cowabunga, dudes!  This week's game is one of the most bodacious games to ever grace the good old NES.  It's totally awesome...wicked...radical...tubular...bossa nova...er...uh...um...uh...Chevy Nova?  Well, whatever late 80s/early 90s lingo you want to use to describe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 on the NES is fine by me.  Yo, my name is Bimmphaelangeloatelloardo and my toally cool cousins happen to be the radical Ninja Turtles.  What's that, you can't pronounce my name?  Oh, come on, it's not THAT hard to say.  Give it your best shot.  I'm waiting...still waiting...waiting...waiting...watching my fingernails grow...waiting even more...sheesh, this is taking longer than a Playstation 1 game to load...waiting another decade...you know what, just call me Bimmy.  Yep, just like that guy on NintendoAge.  No, I don't think he will mind if I share his name with him.  Look, he isn't collecting any sort of royalties off of it, so who cares if you call me Bimmy.  We have a contest to get started and the less time we mess around with...oh crap, do you see that?  It looks like April O'Neil's apartment building is on fire!  Quick, find the Ninja Turtles, they gotta get April out!

Five minutes later...

What, you couldn't find them?  Did you check the sewers?  Huh, they weren't there?  Well, did you check all the pizzerias?  Pizza Hut, Dominos, Hungry Howies, Papa John's, Jet's?  They weren't there either?  Oh crap, this isn't good.  That fire is raging out of control and is turning into a towering inferno!  Wait, you said you found the next best thing to the Ninja Turtles?  Well, who are they?

Image result for sally jesse raphael      Image result for leonardo dicaprio

Image result for donatella versace      Image result for michelangelo

What in the heck is this?  You have got to be kidding me.  I said find the Ninja Turtles, not look for people who share names with them!  Besides, it's DONATELLO, not DONATELLA!  Haven't you ever watched the Ninja Turtles cartoon?  Sheesh, this is a disaster!  April will certainly be burned to toast or vaporized to milkshake or...wait, you hear that noise?  Oh Cowabunga, dudes, here come the Ninja Turtles on the Turtle Blimp!  Now that the heroes have shown up, get those imposters out of here!  And look, Michaelangelo even saved you a slice of garlic mint pizza with extra anchovies and whipped cream to power you through the rescue!  Well, don't just stand there waiting for an interview with Sally Jessy Raphael or an autograph from Leonardo DiCaprio or Michelangelo to come back from the dead, get to helpin' save April's keister.  Who knows, maybe if you save her, she will give you a kiss (game spoilers: she does after stage 5).  Anyway, here's what you need to know in case you run into any trouble, like the Foot Clan, during your rescue attempt (game spoilers: you will fight the Foot Clan):

• 1 player only
  • Play as whichever Turtle you choose
  • 3 lives only (You only get to use 3 lives total and must take your picture after you die 3 times).
  • You may not play any of the game on your 4th life.  You must immediately stop and take your picture after dying for the 3rd time.
  • Get as far in the game as possible
  • If you beat the game, pause the game as soon as Shredder dies and take your picture then.
  • Furthest progressions wins with lowest score taking precedence
  • Participation: Get to Stage 3 (Sewers level)
  • GENRE: Beat 'Em Up

The contest ends Sunday, 4/15/18 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun  

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 05:27 PM by bimmy_lee

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:59:21 AM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Weekly Leaderboard header
Mod bimmy_lee Scene 10 (Shredder) - 784
1st tablew/chairs Scene 11 (Finished) - 717
2nd arnpoly Scene 11 (Finished) - 725
3rd skinnygrinny Scene 10 (Finished) - 742
4th Krunch Scene 10 (Shredder) - 720
5th Seppatoni Scene 10 (Shredder) - 744
6th bluzebrother11 Scene 04 (boss) - 255
7th bertsampson Scene 04 (boss) - 260
8th mbd39 Scene 04 - 245
9th Yoshi Scene 04 - 242

Art by seraphimon83 (https://www.deviantart.com/art/Te...)

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 05:35 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:46:49 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Yep

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Apr 8, 2018 at 7:26:29 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Best of luck to everyone! Thought this picture fit well with the OP  

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:01:59 AM
Ausden (13)
(Jonathan ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Nice. Haven't played this one in a while.

Edited: 04/08/2018 at 08:02 AM by Ausden

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:48:10 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I've never beat this game! It's pizza time!!!!

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:06:59 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Samurai pizza cats!

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:43:25 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
sneaky mister pickles 

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:41:22 AM
bluzebrother11 (22)
(Mark ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois

Stage 4: Boss

Edited: 04/09/2018 at 10:02 PM by bluzebrother11

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:45:21 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
EDIT: Never mind. You must get an extra life from points or something.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Edited: 04/09/2018 at 04:59 PM by mbd39

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:01:42 PM
bluzebrother11 (22)
Illinois
Originally posted by: mbd39

Right, but in this case, I don’t think they matter, correct? I think we’re only playing with 3 deaths, not until game over. At least that’s my understanding.

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:02:54 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: bluzebrother11

Right, but in this case, I don’t think they matter, correct? I think we’re only playing with 3 deaths, not until game over. At least that’s my understanding.

Correct. But if you suck at this game then it's only going to be two deaths until you're on your last life.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:34:48 PM
bluzebrother11 (22)
Illinois
Regardless of skill, if you die twice, you're in your last life. That's how I read this week's rules.

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:46:38 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
To clarify the rules, you are allowed to die 3 times before your attempt is over. You will need to get an extra life to be able to do this without getting a Game Over. You get an extra life every 200 points (200, 400, 600, etc). Using the special attack (pressing A & B at the same time) makes it easier to take down Foot Soldiers (1 hit with the special attack versus 2 hits with the regular attack). The special attack does not drain energy in the game, so use it all you want.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:51:14 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

To clarify the rules, you are allowed to die 3 times before your attempt is over. You will need to get an extra life to be able to do this without getting a Game Over. You get an extra life every 200 points (200, 400, 600, etc). Using the special attack (pressing A & B at the same time) makes it easier to take down Foot Soldiers (1 hit with the special attack versus 2 hits with the regular attack). The special attack does not drain energy in the game, so use it all you want.

I didn't know I could keep using the special attack. Thanks for that.

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:57:34 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan

Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

I didn't know I could keep using the special attack. Thanks for that.

You're welcome.  Unlike TMNT 3 on the NES, TMNT 2 doesn't punish you for using the special attack.  The jump kick (jump and then press B) comes in handy if you find yourself surrounded by Foot Soldiers, especially the ones with the machine guns.  If you hit a Foot Soldier with a jump kick, you will have to hit them a second time to destroy them.  Timing is everything at the bosses, and if you can get their timing down, you can keep hitting many of them with jump kicks without them being able to attack.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:23:50 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
I will kindly ask for you people to post the stage you stopped at.
Leaderboard updates this week will mostly take place during work hours and I won't be able to launch the game to check the stage and the part of the stage where each run ended.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:02:22 PM
bluzebrother11 (22)
Illinois
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

I will kindly ask for you people to post the stage you stopped at.
Leaderboard updates this week will mostly take place during work hours and I won't be able to launch the game to check the stage and the part of the stage where each run ended.
Okay, I edited my post.

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:31:01 PM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
finished -717

Edited: 04/15/2018 at 01:54 PM by tablew/chairs

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:07:15 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Chairy gonna be tough to beat this week.

Edited: 04/10/2018 at 08:07 PM by skinnygrinny

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:13:41 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Looking forward to playing this week. To anyone who's friends with me on Facebook,you know what kind of personal hell I have been going through.

Today I can say I have finally made peace with it and am ready to move on.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:26:37 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: gutsman004

Looking forward to playing this week. To anyone who's friends with me on Facebook,you know what kind of personal hell I have been going through.

Today I can say I have finally made peace with it and am ready to move on.

Glad to see you back in the contest! 

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:15:42 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Mod score - Stage 10, Shredder - 784

I'll play along this week    Died twice at Krang and stupidly lost a life at Shredder when I jumped in front of him and he immediately used his ray gun to turn me into an ordinary turtle.  If I hadn't made that mistake, I would have beaten the game with only two deaths.  Kept going after this...and beat the game without dying again  

I also could have had a lower score, but I killed a lot of things I didn't need to and didn't utilize sewer lids, explosive barrels, and other such obstacles to defeat Foot Soldiers and not earn points.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 04/10/2018 at 11:17 PM by bimmy_lee

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:52:45 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
I can't get the A+B attack to execute consistently. Sometimes it works when I press both buttons, sometimes it doesn't.

I know that it's not my controller because I tried on emulator on PC and have the same issue. Is there a trick to it?

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:55:18 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

I can't get the A+B attack to execute consistently. Sometimes it works when I press both buttons, sometimes it doesn't.

I know that it's not my controller because I tried on emulator on PC and have the same issue. Is there a trick to it?

I would tell you how to execute the power attack but I don’t want to steal bim bim’s thunder