Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official NES Sharp TV thread Find them all!!!

Aug 7, 2011 at 2:42:42 PM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
Picked mine up a couple days ago. Here's my info and pictures. It won't power on though.
Model # - 19SV111
Serial # - 526012
Year - Dec-89
Controllers - 0
Remote - No
Doors - No
Feet - 2
Papers - No
Box - No

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:34:48 AM
No5kiLZ (25)
(Danny K) < Crack Trooper >
Oregon
Here's my pic, just grabbed the game on top of my trade pile DWIV.. not bad..

Picture is weird on left side, prolly needs a cap kit.. and new pin connector.

can i has my award prz?

-------------------------

Wanted: Famicom Light Gun  -  JP Famicom  -  Famicom Disk System AC Adapter   -  Metal Gear Solid 2 Premium Box  -   Beggar Prince  -  Pier Solar  -  MACS Rifle and Game

My Current FS/FT Thread

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:34:06 AM
1983Nintendo (0)

(Ryan G) < Tourian Tourist >
Texas
Hey all first post and more to come.

I have here my 90%+ complete 19SV111

1. All four feet
  2. both doors
  3. IR remote
  4. both controllers
  5. fully functioning speaker
  6. fully functioning CRT
the remote has stopped functioning. its a simple conductive paint fix for the PCB and its back to normal. Also pictured is a few of my favorite NES games and if you look close enough you will notice a 100% A+++++ MINT unopened(H-seal) Tetris. ill post that in a separate section and thread

I know its really dirty, but before i do ANY cleaning to it i must be certain that the cleaner will not en-brittle, distort, warp, fade, or otherwise destroy the cabinet!

this little jem cost me a total of $145....100 for the controllers and 45 for the TV. Ebay for the controllers and a pawn shop in Pascagoula, MS of all places! and before you blast me about how much i paid to get those two controllers think to yourself "they could have been mine if I were bidding"

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:29:03 PM
Collectorwanabe (10)
(The Dentist ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Nevada
I am very impressed so far with all of the info that we have collected. Just looking over the chart, it seems to confirm that they only produced them for about 5-6 months, and roughly around 20-25 thousand units. Can't wait to see some more data input and see if there is any more relevant info to accumulate.

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:47:19 PM
Busdriverj (102)
(Jason Faulkenberry) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Man I want one of these things SOOOO friggin bad.

Anyone interested in selling one??

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:03:19 PM
1983Nintendo (0)

Texas
Mine in cleaned up condition is for sale.....you can has for 600!

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:51:20 PM
Rcjdm97 (16)
(Ryan Ryan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Mine is -

Model #19SV111

Serial #515116

Year November-89

Controllers: 1

Remote: No

Doors: No

Feet: 2

Papers: No

Box: No

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:43:52 PM
1983Nintendo (0)

Texas
So if gwyndion bought that one for 500 in its condition then those of use who have complete(minus box and manual) Game Televisions must worth waay more!

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:46:21 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: 1983Nintendo

So if gwyndion bought that one for 500 in its condition then those of use who have complete(minus box and manual) Game Televisions must worth waay more!

I disagree...You would be hard pressed to find somebody else that would pay over $500 for a good t.v. with 2 controllers and remote....times are tough and now that there is a list...they are not as rare as anybody thought...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:53:51 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Just so everyone knows, all I have in my house is large flatscreens but none of the gun games work on it. I'm going to be setting up a gaming room in the new house and I wanted an older television for the gaming room that would work with the older systems and provide that old "feeling" of when I played as a kid. I chose this tv since it was the lowest seriel number and it was in complete condition. I can always get a remote for it eventually and controllers for it eventually. The shipping expense is around 85 dollars and it had to be crated in so that is why the expense for buying it was so high and my reasons for paying so much. There is also only about 200 of these so even if NA members account for 25-30% of them, they still are limited and I usually don't see larger Nintendo items out in California.

I will be more than happy to provide pictures of the television, feet and serial number once I receive the television. My main concern is to make sure everything is working perfectly on it. I assume it will since Mike showed videos. If it was a very successful shipment, then Mike may have found a good way of shipping the television without damage happening to it.

I am looking for the Sharp TV original manual, controllers and remote if anyone is willing to sell any of that to me. I would be more than happy to pay more than they are worth since this is a furniture budget and not a gaming/resell budget for me. In other words, I'm buying it with the intention of it not being worth the same after I buy it but it will be for decor.

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:47:55 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
For a second I thought this was going to be your primary NES t.v. That would just be a ridiculous number of unneeded game play hours on it...but if you are only using it for gun games...cool...
Look forward to the pictures of the shipping crate too...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:08:53 PM
gwyndion (322)
California
Originally posted by: Benihana

For a second I thought this was going to be your primary NES t.v. That would just be a ridiculous number of unneeded game play hours on it...but if you are only using it for gun games...cool...
Look forward to the pictures of the shipping crate too...

I was trying to use the zapper with a friend of mine and they don't work on flatscreens or big screen projectors.

I talked with a few guys on NA about it and they said that you need one of the old projection tvs and the new ones have a 6/10 second delay so the lightguns don't work.  I figured that if I was going to get an old tv, why not get the 19" Sharp TV!

So yeah, I will keep it in the corner for when I play gun games.

BTW, when I was a kid I used to always cheat at those by putting the gun right up to the tv.  Did any of you guys do that?  Also, do you know if that SNES light guns have the same issues with the modern tvs?  If so, I will hook up an SNES to this thing and use the lightguns for those on it also.

My goal isn't to burn out the tv, merely play a lot of gun games for it.  I also have some gun homebrew/repro games I wanted to try and review but I can't even play them which sucks.

I just heard from Mike and he said I should be receiving the tv tomorrow so I will take photos of the packaging and opening it so I can show you guys how it looks when I receive it.  He also took photos of how he packaged everything so I though it would be a good idea to share that with you guys to show how it looked when he packaged it and how it looked when it was received.

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:10:06 PM
gwyndion (322)
California
I also had a question about the projector units and whether or not light guns work on those. I know that a lot of guys on NA have old projectors that play on the wall and they can play games on them and I wanted to see if light guns work with those.

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:32:24 PM
1983Nintendo (0)

Texas
i noticed in another thread a short lived member posted about how he owned an SC and SV but when he showed the two models all i saw was two SC's. now correct me if im wrong but i thought the SV was a sim-wood cabinet and a top loader and it was used in hotels and stores to demo games

edit the C1 wasnt a top loader, that was the SNES TV

Edited: 08/31/2011 at 04:56 PM by 1983Nintendo

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:11:44 PM
1983Nintendo (0)

Texas
Model 19SV111 S/N: 524817 found craigslist in Louisiana. Has Remote, no cotrollers, all four feet, no game cover, has sharp tv cover, no box or manual

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:05:38 AM
gwyndion (322)
California

Ok, just received the tv today so here are the pics:

Showing some of my collection on the left and the Sachen titles on the right (I haven't put them away yet)

So there's my official proof that I have Serial # 511518

I also have a service manual.  I was planning on scanning this in, cleaning it up a bit in photoshop and then providing a .pdf copy for the community to share.  I'm hoping that the person who has the owners manual is willing to consider doing the same.

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:31:45 PM
1983Nintendo (0)

Texas
So it would appear that around the rumored 2500 units built, that might actually be true. even speaking to some hardcore gamers/storefront owners(the older types ) here in Houston it would appear these weren't found on store shelves either.

Sep 8, 2011 at 5:50:20 PM
Collectorwanabe (10)
Nevada

So it would appear that around the rumored 2500 units built, that might actually be true. even speaking to some hardcore gamers/storefront owners(the older types ) here in Houston it would appear these weren't found on store shelves either.

I don't know, just looking at the list we have so far, it is looking more to be 20-25,000 units sold. If it was only 2500 these would be worth way more money. 

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:14:31 PM
1983Nintendo (0)

Texas
Originally posted by: Collectorwanabe

I don't know, just looking at the list we have so far, it is looking more to be 20-25,000 units sold. If it was only 2500 these would be worth way more money. 

Not necessarily, serial numbers dont follow a specific mathematical sequence. For example, im making a box and its brown ill call that 1001. a few weeks later we we changed the interior color green so now the serial number is changed to 2001 after only 100 units. some companies change parts and keep the exterior looking the same but to identify(for the sake of simplicity) new revisions or major changes, these companies change a leading digit....I have sent emails and letters to Sharp USA asking for ANYTHING a few weeks ago and im still waiting on a reply.

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:22:53 PM
Collectorwanabe (10)
Nevada

Originally posted by: Collectorwanabe

Not necessarily, serial numbers dont follow a specific mathematical sequence. For example, im making a box and its brown ill call that 1001. a few weeks later we we changed the interior color green so now the serial number is changed to 2001 after only 100 units. some companies change parts and keep the exterior looking the same but to identify(for the sake of simplicity) new revisions or major changes, these companies change a leading digit....I have sent emails and letters to Sharp USA asking for ANYTHING a few weeks ago and im still waiting on a reply.

To think that they only made 2500 units over a 6 month span just does not make sense. That means they only made about 14 tv's a day. Sharp is a major manufacturor, I see them making 140 tv's a day, even that is a small number. I know a 7 year old kid had to have easily put 10 of the tv's together each day, and Sharp probably had an army of them.  

Edited: 09/08/2011 at 11:24 PM by Collectorwanabe

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:23:52 PM
SNES YOU (8)
([+- -..]) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
Name Adam Armstrong
NA Member SNES YOU
Model # 19SV111
Serial # 527237
Year Jan, 1990
Controllers 2
Loose/boxed L
Remote Y
Doors Y
Feet 4
Papers N
Box N

If this real collectors business, ya'll collectors are unemployed.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:39:25 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
Welcome SNES YOU to the list!

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:01:09 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
wasn't there an SC model in the list? what happened there?

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:32:39 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
Originally posted by: Lincoln

wasn't there an SC model in the list? what happened there?

There was a user who said he had an SC model, but I have yet to see its label. Had it on the list for a while and since he never "got around" to showing me the info on it, I have removed it.
Still have the info, just not on the list yet...

Sep 25, 2011 at 3:56:57 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
Met a new owner at Portland yesterday.
Gotta bumps so he can get us some info...