Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Famicom Bootlegs with Custom Labels (art projects) All auctions end Thursday (October 24th) at 12:00 noontime (NA time)

Yesterday at 11:47:48 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Hello Everyone, thanks for viewing my auctions.

First for some rules:

-All auctions end Thursday (October 24th) at 12:00 noontime (NA time)
-Payments to be made via paypal
-Shipping is from Taiwan
-If you have questions or need more pictures, please ask!
-I will combine shipping, and also offer discounts for multiple auctions won

About the Items:

I sometimes stumble upon and then purchase bootleg Famicom carts without labels. Curiosity generally gets the best of me, and I take a gamble, and on other occassions, I'll receive it in a lot of items I've purchased. Either way, generally collectors or gamers aren't interested in these cartridges, yet I also don't want to bin them. Whereas some people would print out and apply repro labels onto the carts, similar to the actual labels, I really am not too keen on this, as eventually the carts and fake labels will end up back  in the population, possibly confusing collectors down the line. I had been thinking about what to do with these carts for quite awhile, but then the answer came to me, as I had received some old  Taiwanese lottery tickets with neat  looking artwork, which I turned into labels for these carts.

Please Note:  Shipping for 1 - 2 carts is $5, all auctions start at $10 each.

Auction 1:  ???

Initial Bid:  $10
High Bidder:  n/a

Auction 2:  ???

Auction 3:  ???

Auction 4:  ???

Auction 5:  ???

Auction 6:  ???

Auction 7:  ???

To make this a bit more fun, I am not going to say which cartridge contains which game; however, the following seven games each correspond to a cart above:

-WWF Wrestlemania Challenge
-Excitebike
-Rockman 5
-Shin Jinrui: The New Type
-SonSon
-Donkey Kong
-Tag Team Pro Wrestling

As a clue, the artwork on these cartridges had been selected from a variety of choices (I still have some that hasn't been used here), and each of the pictures somehow references the game it contains, though often in some sort of abstract way. 

I had a lot of fun doing this, and hope you guys might have fun with these auctions too, sort of a cross between old Taiwan art and gaming.

Thanks!

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Edited: 10/20/2019 at 11:48 AM by fcgamer