Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Jan 2, 2007 at 12:24:24 PM
Stan (81)
(Demonologist and Linguist Supreme) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
Just so I know, I think someone told me but I forget, what is happening with the screen shots? Is someone doing them? If not, I'd like to help when I can, I love making those things.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:26:23 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yep, YOU are, lol!

Well, a while ago, I went through and put at least the title screen on most of them to make the pages look a little more interesting, but as you'll see, most only have 1 screenshot (except for the ones you did a while back, B, C and D).

You've got admin access now, so you can add some if you feel like it or as time permits.

-Dain

Jan 2, 2007 at 6:55:47 PM
Stan (81)
Virginia
That's cool, expect no more than three completed per week or so, depending on the game. I need to work with this list first before I try that, just wanted to check no one else was doing it.

Jan 2, 2007 at 7:42:52 PM
Stan (81)
Virginia
Does anyone have any access to Donkey Kong ROMs? I need all of them. In addition, are we going to categorize the Disney games with "Disney" first or the title first. Technically, something like The Little Mermaid should be Disney's The Little Mermaid, which would put it under D. Let me know because I'm collecting ROMs now and will be putting up shots after I get the HK list done.

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:28:31 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I say since most people don't look for "Disney's," it shouldn't be the first part of the title. However, it should be written...I feel it should be done as with the word "The." As in "Legend of Zelda, The." So the listing for Darkwing Duck would be "Darkwing Duck, Disney's." Not sure how to do The Little Mermaid though, because "Little Mermaid, Disney's The" looks pretty gay

-------------------------

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:19:06 PM
Stan (81)
Virginia
This has always been a tough one for me and I base it on comic book experience, where they list them according to the first word in the title as long as it isn't the. I always put all the Disney games together in my old list, perhaps a link thing should be added.

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:24:14 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
I think, technically, it should be written as:

Little Mermaid, The, Disney's

...as retarded as that seems, the main point is that the game is easy to find, based on the core title (Little Mermaid), but also includes the "Disney's" in case people search for Disney. In fact, I think that game was missing the Disney's (I'm changing it now).

-Dain

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:39:22 AM
Stan (81)
Virginia
I forget too, I'd need to look. I think it may be very, very small on the label. Makes sense though, more people search for The Little Mermaid instead of Disney's...

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:05:51 PM
Stan (81)
Virginia
Alright guys, just got back from my brother's wedding. I've been banging these out, but I'm going to start adding the HK games to get that list nice and complete.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:25:54 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Yah there's always outliers. Like when I finally got around to reorganizing my Excel collection file and came across dumb things like "Nascar, Bill Elliot's," or "Bill Elliot's Nascar." Not that I'd go looking for that game in any instance Also with a lot of the baseball games..."RBI Baseball" or "Baseball, RBI"...You've got all the other baseballs right next to each other (bases loaded, baseball stars...baseball!) and then my RBIs were stuck down near Rad Racket, which should have logically been near "Tennis" and "Tennis, Ivan...Top Player's" as "Tennis, Rad Racket." lol And yes I have Arch Rivals, Roundball and Double Dribble in the "B's" for basketball section. Throw your rotten tomatoes, if you will

Honestly Stan I go for logical groupings whenever possible. And Darkwing Duck may be alphabetically logical near Darkman but really if you're a chunking man like myself, trust your comic instincts and keep the "Disney's" up front in the title where it's genre and chunk-logical. They're all in the same vein as far as I'm concerned. Same with Sesame Street, it's officially part of the title but if you use the same reasoning they'd just be all over the place. We all know which are Disney and which are Sesame Street, and chunking them together is reasonable. It's a big set, chunks help.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:28:05 AM
Stan (81)
Virginia
Dain, you bitch, I'm going to need some help. I first searched the database under HKGC Inc titles, and Zippy Race was not listed. So, I went to add it and it seemed to add okay, but then doing a search Zippy Race came up with the same flag and such but not under the HK list I first called up. Problem is, I can't seem to find anywhere I can delete the damn thing, let me know before I go further.

Jan 8, 2007 at 11:03:14 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
You can't delete games from the database (this was by design). Just edit the second copy of Zippy Race as a different game (in other words, just change it to another game).

-Dain

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:08:40 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Stan I am also going to start on some screenshot pretty soon I think. I have all the ROMs now and just ordered a USB adapter that Bunnyboy sales to plug my controllers into. I plan to start from Z and work towards you so hopefully we can meet in the middle.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:52:19 AM
Stan (81)
Virginia
That sounds cool man, like I said I'm doing around 3 games per week. I like to run through them and find really good ones, not just a few from the first level, like every other site does. Try to do the same if you have time.