Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2013 Weekly Contest Presents: Arch Rivals Contest ends Sunday, 11/10/13 at 10 PM NA time

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:10:20 PM
Caleb47 (48)
(Steve S.) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Solid score gutsman! Glad to see people are enjoying this game.

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:49:02 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Caleb47

I'll quote Ricky Bobby on this one and say if you're not first you're last. I'm a competitive person and I want to win one of these damn it! I felt there was a strong possibility I could have a winning score until I saw his post. Was not too happy about it to be honest because now I had to play this again and at that big of a margin,your margin of error is very small so I knew this was going to be a chore. Tried to beat his score for several hours last night but every game I played my team couldn't make a basket to save their life. Seriously,how do you consistently miss lay ups,dunks,and close range jump shots?! It's absolutely maddening! Missing 3,4,5,6,or 7 consecutive close range shots then to have the computer drive down and hit a contested three pointer on the first try makes me want to crush my controller and punch people in the face. This game is fine as is,but playing it in the manner that we are especially when you essentially have to play a near perfect game,makes the game not fun at all.

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:51:35 PM
babywuchki (90)
(Chris ) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Originally posted by: gutsman004

I'll quote Ricky Bobby on this one and say if you're not first you're last. I'm a competitive person and I want to win one of these damn it! I felt there was a strong possibility I could have a winning score until I saw his post. Was not too happy about it to be honest because now I had to play this again and at that big of a margin,your margin of error is very small so I knew this was going to be a chore. Tried to beat his score for several hours last night but every game I played my team couldn't make a basket to save their life. Seriously,how do you consistently miss lay ups,dunks,and close range jump shots?! It's absolutely maddening! Missing 3,4,5,6,or 7 consecutive close range shots then to have the computer drive down and hit a contested three pointer on the first try makes me want to crush my controller and punch people in the face. This game is fine as is,but playing it in the manner that we are especially when you essentially have to play a near perfect game,makes the game not fun at all.
Not to mention the fact that your teammate never throws a fucking punch or attempts to steal in any way and also cannot grab a rebound when the ball is right at his feet and lets the opposing team come from half court and pick it up for a dunk.

-------------------------

Edited: 11/10/2013 at 06:16 PM by babywuchki

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:19:51 PM
EoTN (9)
(Eskimo Of The Night) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
There's a lot wrong with this game, and yet it's still fun. Isn't that what it's all about? Having fun? No? Well, I had fun, and only scored +15. So, maybe take a chill pill, and try it once without going for a perfect run before you try for a perfect again. Just my $.02.

Edited: 11/10/2013 at 06:20 PM by EoTN

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:25:23 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
I'm plenty chill. sometimes bashing on a cheesy game is a big part of the fun, just like watching a cheesy movie.

babywuchki - 90

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:31:04 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
+130

I played a grand total of four games in the week, with stron progression between each of them. First lost, and don't remeber the score. Then win by 31, by 100, and finally by 130.

I think this was a fun contest, not the best game in the world, but good for a contest, and I always had a soft spot for RARE Nes games. Now, I need to focus on achieving a 3 points dunk and I'm done with this game, haha!

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:41:52 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
^^ lmao, yeah the elusive three point dunk. Both times i did it were off a rebound that went past the three point line and it was picked up and I immediately hit the shoot button hoping for a three point jump shot and instead the player jumped towards the hoop for a dunk. Once was my own player and the second was my teammate. I may have said things like " I hate this game" and " I'll never touch this turd again" but I got plenty of enjoyment out of it. For the $5 I spent on this cart, I laughed, I cried, I cussed, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:42:28 PM
CLAYB1RD (105)
(Clay Myers) < El Ripper >
North Carolina
Score updated!

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:46:57 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: babywuchki

^^ lmao, yeah the elusive three point dunk. Both times i did it were off a rebound that went past the three point line and it was picked up and I immediately hit the shoot button hoping for a three point jump shot and instead the player jumped towards the hoop for a dunk. Once was my own player and the second was my teammate. I may have said things like " I hate this game" and " I'll never touch this turd again" but I got plenty of enjoyment out of it. For the $5 I spent on this cart, I laughed, I cried, I cussed, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time

Yeah man, that's the spirit of the competition. Playing this game without the goal of beating each other score wouldn't be the same I'm sure. We sorta created a reason for this game to exist this very week. Though two players mode should be interesting between two serious rivals.

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:53:47 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta

Don't laugh...well, maybe I deserve it. Only got two games in and not sure if I will try more. But this game is fun, and does a good job poking fun at the sport.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:15:01 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: CLAYB1RD

Score: +185

Pretty fun game for the compeition. This can be improved but I think I am done with this game for now. I definitely agree with gutsman that it's extremely annoying when you miss 7 shots/dunks in a row and then the computer easily scores a 3.

I'm not even going to attempt to beat this. 50 points a quarter is doable,but you have to have a ton go your way. Hell I scored 60 in a quarter once. The Twin Galaxies record for biggest blowout is 245,which I have a feeling may be tool assisted somehow. Ah whatever. And for the record,I don't hate you claybird I just hate losing.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:45:27 PM
Caleb47 (48)
(Steve S.) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland

I know man, its always feels nice to win or even be top three but I just enjoy playing games that I honestly let sit for too long. I can't say it enough but I can look past the minor cosmetic flaws (loosely said).

Good scores posted so far. such a love/hate relationship.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:49:43 PM
CLAYB1RD (105)
(Clay Myers) < El Ripper >
North Carolina

Originally posted by: CLAYB1RD

Score: +185

Pretty fun game for the compeition. This can be improved but I think I am done with this game for now. I definitely agree with gutsman that it's extremely annoying when you miss 7 shots/dunks in a row and then the computer easily scores a 3.

I'm not even going to attempt to beat this. 50 points a quarter is doable,but you have to have a ton go your way. Hell I scored 60 in a quarter once. The Twin Galaxies record for biggest blowout is 245,which I have a feeling may be tool assisted somehow. Ah whatever. And for the record,I don't hate you claybird I just hate losing.

I also saw that on twin galaxies and I have no clue how they got that high. I know that mine could still be improved but I was definitely not thinking by that much. And I know you don't hate me gutsman, it's just the spirit of the competition!

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:53:42 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
^ I know each punch,steal,shoot takes about 4 seconds and the tip off and first shot is about 6-8 seconds,so I can't see that TG score being legit because 2 points every 4 seconds for a minute is 15 points stretched out for a full quarter is 60,stretched out for the whole game is 240. I know my 60 point quarter wasn't perfect,but pretty close. Of course I only took 2s since they are higher percentage shots and take less time. And pretty unlikely the computer will get completely shutout as they always seem to get some points in the most bs way possible...3 point dunk,full court shot,etc.

Edited: 11/10/2013 at 09:55 PM by gutsman004

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:18:57 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
ARCH RIVALS RESULTS

1st: 185 – CLAYB1RD +11 points
2nd: 141 – gutsman004 +10 points
3rd: 130 – guillavoie +9 points
4th: 123 – Notrevania +8 points
5th: 112 – Caleb47 +7 points
6th: 90 – babywuchki +6 points
7th: 84 – smick +5 points
8th: 77 – mattyjmania +4 points
9th: 41 – Thundercat08 +3 points
10th: 31 – MegaMartyr +2 points

PARTICIPATION

15 – EoTN +1 point
-11 – Krunch +1 point

Sorry for not getting this up sooner. Got a chance to hang out with my brother last night, whom I don't see that often, so it was fun to hang out with him for an evening.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread