Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
May 29, 2008 at 10:37:52 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
I need to find a bag of money fast.

-------------------------
Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

May 29, 2008 at 11:01:46 PM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Well I am pretty sure udisi is winning most all of them now.

May 29, 2008 at 11:03:34 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: blarky

^^^ DW IV is the sole reason why lots #3 and #4 are bidding so high. I think you'd be best off winning the entire lot yourself, and auctioning off the other less significant games to recoup some of the cost.

What???

Mixed in those lots are sealed copies of:

Bonk's Adventure
Mario's Time Machine
Color a Dinosaur
Cool World
R.C. Pro Am 2
Wayne's World
Panic Restaurant

Just to name a few.  DW4 is a big ticket item, but by no means the sole reason they are so high.

May 29, 2008 at 11:05:43 PM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
Wisconsin
I am petty sure a mint sealed DW4 brings $1500+.

May 29, 2008 at 11:11:47 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
I hear you on that, but a mint CIB Bonk's Adventure can pull $400, no? When was the last sealed copy you've seen sold? What about COD or even Mario's Time Machine? All I'm saying is that you don't see these DW4s mixed in with Dance Aerobics and Home Alone 2, there are definitely some other pricey games in those lots.

May 29, 2008 at 11:13:07 PM
Bryansvideotrader (36)
(Bryan Sunkle) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
There is something a little fishy about all this. I don't know maybe it is all legit, one thing I find odd is that the seller claims to be Nintendo of Canada and that the games were "found" in a warehouse. Some of these games aren't very rare at all, but some are titles that are incredibly rare. Two Aero Fighters, come on now this almost has to be a hoax. I suppose they could all be warehouse finds, but it seems more likely that someone that has an amazing collection is pulling all of our legs. Here is Nintendo of Canada's homepage: http://nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/usersi.... If they are trying to make some money for the United Way you would think they would have an official press release on their website. Maybe I am just being pessimistic, but this whole thing seems too good to be true!

May 29, 2008 at 11:15:22 PM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Bryansvideotrader

There is something a little fishy about all this. I don't know maybe it is all legit, one thing I find odd is that the seller claims to be Nintendo of Canada and that the games were "found" in a warehouse. Some of these games aren't very rare at all, but some are titles that are incredibly rare. Two Aero Fighters, come on now this almost has to be a hoax. I suppose they could all be warehouse finds, but it seems more likely that someone that has an amazing collection is pulling all of our legs. Here is Nintendo of Canada's homepage: http://nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/usersite/display_info.cgi. If they are trying to make some money for the United Way you would think they would have an official press release on their website. Maybe I am just being pessimistic, but this whole thing seems too good to be true!

I agree 100%

May 29, 2008 at 11:22:46 PM
nes4ever (22)
(Mel P) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida

There is something a little fishy about all this. I don't know maybe it is all legit, one thing I find odd is that the seller claims to be Nintendo of Canada and that the games were "found" in a warehouse. Some of these games aren't very rare at all, but some are titles that are incredibly rare. Two Aero Fighters, come on now this almost has to be a hoax. I suppose they could all be warehouse finds, but it seems more likely that someone that has an amazing collection is pulling all of our legs. Here is Nintendo of Canada's homepage: http://nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/usersite/display_info.cgi. If they are trying to make some money for the United Way you would think they would have an official press release on their website. Maybe I am just being pessimistic, but this whole thing seems too good to be true!

It looks as if those 2 Canadians maximus and bronty are pulling our chains. maximus is the only confirmed person to own a black box FFG and his just happens to be sealed as well..

May 29, 2008 at 11:24:55 PM
Bryansvideotrader (36)
(Bryan Sunkle) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Yeah for a thread about sealed NES, SNES, and OGB games, I am very surprised Bronty hasn't posted yet...

May 29, 2008 at 11:25:58 PM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
Wisconsin
Good call man,They are the only 2 that have that many rare sealed snes/nes/gb games.And it just so happens niether of them have posted about these auctions.Normally they would have been ALL over this.

May 29, 2008 at 11:36:32 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
I did avoid this thread for a while until I saw all the posts cause i thought it was about the HES game Jackpot, that could be their reasoning as well.

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

May 29, 2008 at 11:36:46 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Another thing to add, if they found these in a warehouse, it is more likely that they would all be packed in cases of 10 or so of the same game, not a big spread like this. This whole thing just seems way too fishy.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Edited: 05/29/2008 at 11:37 PM by Penguin

May 29, 2008 at 11:57:04 PM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

What???

Mixed in those lots are sealed copies of:

Bonk's Adventure
Mario's Time Machine
Color a Dinosaur
Cool World
R.C. Pro Am 2
Wayne's World
Panic Restaurant

Just to name a few.  DW4 is a big ticket item, but by no means the sole reason they are so high.

Perhaps so.  I'm ignorant about most of those games you listed.  But I know DW IV is huge.

May 30, 2008 at 12:00:19 AM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: NOFRIENDO

Well I am pretty sure udisi is winning most all of them now.

I haven't bid on any of them yet.

As for it being NOC, I doubt it is, but if very well may be an employee. These kinda things aren't all that uncommon to come out at the nintendo garage sales, although nothing this old has come out in a while. I am a bit hesitent, I'm trying to get more info before commiting a bunch of cash.

May 30, 2008 at 12:00:40 AM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
I feel like Bronty would think pulling a joke like this would just be a waste of time....but who knows.

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

May 30, 2008 at 12:01:20 AM
blarky (37)
Texas
Originally posted by: nes4ever

It looks as if those 2 Canadians maximus and bronty are pulling our chains. maximus is the only confirmed person to own a black box FFG and his just happens to be sealed as well..

Plausible, but does anyone really think Bronty and Maximus would go through all this trouble just to yank our chains?  Ok fine, they get a good laugh, but then there's the issue of collateral damage to shutting down 17 auctions that have already attracted many bids and much attention.

May 30, 2008 at 12:04:55 AM
blarky (37)
Texas
Seller: nocl604( 0 )
Member: since Nov-22-07 in Canada

If this was a joke by them, it would have had it's beginnings as far back as last year.

May 30, 2008 at 12:19:26 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
It might be a scam that someone has been planning for a long time.. having that account date would lend a slight amount of credibility to their cause. I doubt it though. Somehow I think these are legit.

May 30, 2008 at 12:41:55 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
As for the "are they Canadian versions?" question: only first party NES games have a -CAN variant; ALL third party NES games released in Canada are identical to their US counterparts (in fact, they ARE the US counterparts ).

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

May 30, 2008 at 12:42:14 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
shit. that's all i am going to say.

eBay listings here

May 30, 2008 at 12:42:30 AM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I made a high offer on everything to get SOME sort of communication, but no reply. This leads me to believe it could be Bronty and Maximus. If it isn't, I apologize to them both.

It just doesn't make any sense how they have gems mixed in like that.

UNLESS- Bronty or Maximus managed to unearth more games and this is a way of announcing it? Who knows. This is one of the oddest set of auctions I have seen. I believe the games are legit, but I don't believe they are going to end. I don't think anyone will get them to end the auction early, I just do not believe they are for sale at this moment via those auctions.

If they really want to take my offer, I would be glad to take them all

May 30, 2008 at 12:44:39 AM
raregamergirl (24)
Ohio
Also, I forgot to add that IF it is a joke, they REALLY covered their tracks. Not going to paste the information of the seller here, but it matches up with Nintendo of Canada (phone number and the name on the ebay account). Either they are legit and for sale and through NOC, or this is an elaborate joke that is well planned out.

May 30, 2008 at 12:48:39 AM
bongoben (45)
(Ben White) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
http://www.uwlm.ca/Campaign/Spiri...

look at this site... NOC is a major "giver" to the United Way... who knows?!?

May 30, 2008 at 12:50:22 AM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
I don't know Maximus well but this isn't Bronty's style at all. If it was a joke this could be taken the wrong way by some people. To claim to be Nintendo and say all the money is going to charity not on the forums mind you in some joke post but on Ebay with "real" auctions. No way is it him.

May 30, 2008 at 12:55:14 AM
raregamergirl (24)
Ohio
That is very true, which is why I believed this to be 100 percent real at first. I honestly would never think Bronty would do something like that.

Looking at the auctions more and more, the games included are so amazing that it really makes it hard to believe.

I really hope they are all real

For me, the most interesting set of auctions I have ever seen on ebay.