Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Jun 15, 2017 at 12:51:38 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Someone backdoored me on a Craigslist lot (I assume), as I offered the full and fair asking price and had prepared to drive out to meet them before getting a last second backout. GBA SP and a dozen games, including A Link to the Past (which I already have) and a Mario Kart Super Circuit. Not a huge deal or anything, but ever since my son threw my DS in the bathtub I haven't had a way to play GBA and this would of been a nice solution

-------------------------

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 06/15/2017 at 12:52 PM by Brock Landers

Jun 15, 2017 at 1:10:56 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Someone backdoored me on a Craigslist lot (I assume), as I offered the full and fair asking price and had prepared to drive out to meet them before getting a last second backout. GBA SP and a dozen games, including A Link to the Past (which I already have) and a Mario Kart Super Circuit. Not a huge deal or anything, but ever since my son threw my DS in the bathtub I haven't had a way to play GBA and this would of been a nice solution
Ugh, that stinks.  Especially when you've agreed to pay the full asking price.

Haves     |     Wants

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:13:34 PM
The Book Crusader (1)
(Marcus Anderson) < Little Mac >
Virginia
Yesterday, while at a city wide yard sale, I came across a man selling a ton of games, a few consoles, and some accessories. His prices weren't unreasonable by any means, though like I told him, he wasn't selling anything that I couldn't find on eBay for the same price (or better) after searching for two minutes.

Surprisingly, he was understanding, and we even got to conversing after that. I'm glad we did, since he told me a story about how he thought he was getting the deal of a lifetime...only to get something else.

Years ago, while browsing every Craigslist in a four state radius, he stumbled upon an ad stating the seller was letting go of an entire storage lot full of games and game accessories—so much stuff that if it was one of those storage auction shows, you would scream "Staged!" at your television, he told me—for a fraction of what they were worth. Despite his gut telling him this was too good to be true, he figured he had nothing to lose by responding. He was wrong.

You see, this ad very specifically stated—in big, bold letters—that they were only accepting calls or texts, and all emails would be ignored. The man tried calling...and received no response. He then sent a text stating that he was interested in the games...which also failed to earn him a response. Deciding his suspicions were correct, he went on about his day, but then something happened that he couldn't ignore.

It was the next morning. He'd just pried his Toaster Strudel out of the toaster when he received a text from Alltel informing him that his balance was at $0, leaving him baffled, since he'd gone to the store and put $20 on his account just two days ago. However, he quickly figured out what had eaten away his prepaid funds—overnight, he had received dozens of texts from horny men, many of whom had included (scantily clad) pictures of themselves in various suggestive poses (Alltel charged twenty-five cents for each picture text sent or received). Also, after reading a few of the texts, it became abundantly clear that all the men were under the impression that they were texting a young woman who was looking for a no-strings-attached hookup.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that the person he called/texted had used his number in a Casual Encounters ad. He never found the ad, though he likened that either the fraudster took it down after a certain amount of time or several of the horny men had gotten it deleted by flagging it after they never got a response back. He also discovered that the ad that started it all was no longer on the site.

Alltel did not issue him a refund—their reasoning being that there was no proof that his phone number had been used without his consent—and he was haunted for days by the things he saw/read in the texts. The funniest thing, however, was that he told me that, even after that experience, he continued to respond to ads that specified call/text only. Because, as he put it, he'd rather risk receiving an unwarranted pic of a man's junk than miss out on cheap games and/or consoles.

In loving memory of my Stump Smash (Giants version) figures—recieved sometime in June of 2017, foolisly sold on June 16, 2017 after assuming that I had another Stump Smash (Giants version) at home. Spoiler alert: I did have another Stump Smash...but he was the Spyro's Adventure version!

Let this be a lesson to all: always check the color on the bottom of the figure, because a non-duplicate can slip away from even a guy with autism who meticulously sorted through every single figure he owned for duplicates. 

Edited: 06/18/2017 at 07:16 PM by The Book Crusader

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:31:50 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Restickied

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Jun 21, 2017 at 5:30:47 PM
lightly_toasted (0)

< Little Mac >
Ontario
Here's one I'm still hitting my head over. Yesterday I saw an ad on Kijiji for a n64 with Mario and another game at 140$ and something caught my eye about the colour. I emailed the seller but it was already gone.

There was a second picture that showed the console in better detail too, but I wasn't able to retrieve that one. >.<

Jun 24, 2017 at 7:02:29 PM
The Book Crusader (1)
Virginia
Not a major upset or anything, but today, while I was on my way to Burger King to nourish my arteries with a $3 double cheeseburger combo, I decided to make a detour to Walmart to check the clearance aisle. While there, I found a Skylanders Imaginators starter pack for the Wii U, and right underneath it was a small sign stating Skylanders $10. Even though I suspected the sign was for an older starter pack, I still went to a cashier to get a price check.

Lo and behold, it was $50. Some inconsiderate jackass obviously stuck it there because they couldn't be bothered to put it back where it belonged. But there was a small silver lining: I found fifty cents in one of the crane machines, so my detour wasn't a complete waste.

In loving memory of my Stump Smash (Giants version) figures—recieved sometime in June of 2017, foolisly sold on June 16, 2017 after assuming that I had another Stump Smash (Giants version) at home. Spoiler alert: I did have another Stump Smash...but he was the Spyro's Adventure version!

Let this be a lesson to all: always check the color on the bottom of the figure, because a non-duplicate can slip away from even a guy with autism who meticulously sorted through every single figure he owned for duplicates. 

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:50:12 AM
8bitsupremacy (35)
(8bit Supremacy) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Does this count as a losers weepers?

Please do not post recently completed auctions per the FAQ.

NES: 763 north american carts (+22 PAL exclusives)
IG acct: @8bitsupremacy

Edited: 06/27/2017 at 06:21 AM by NintendoAge Moderator

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:07:58 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: 8bitsupremacy

http://r.ebay.com/yyHIwR...

Wow, assuming those games work, what a haul.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:09:04 AM
8bitsupremacy (35)
Illinois
It kills me knowing these were a mere 25 min drive from where I live. Oh well.

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:12:56 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Just convince yourself the games were broken.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:22:33 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

Bummer on that, but please do not post recently completed auctions.  You must wait 2 weeks to post those links per the FAQ to prevent backdooring.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:56:45 AM
8bitsupremacy (35)
Illinois
Originally posted by: jonebone

Bummer on that, but please do not post recently completed auctions.  You must wait 2 weeks to post those links per the FAQ to prevent backdooring.

Ah shoot I didn't know that was a rule on here sorry about that.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:17:35 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

Originally posted by: jonebone

Ah shoot I didn't know that was a rule on here sorry about that.
Dang... now I want to se the link so I too can be disapointed.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:10:47 PM
nusilver (20)
(Michael ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
I saw this pretty fantastic lot on Offerup last night. Had a bit of back and forth but he barely responded to my messages. Offered him $200 because that's all I can afford right now but let him know it was worth upwards of $600 and I hoped he'd get a good deal for it. I kind of hoped he'd be nice and give it to me for $200 because I was nice and honest, but that got me nowhere. So, which one of you jokers ended up with this? I can't link to the second pic right now but it was full of chronos and triggers and Final Fantasies and time traveling turtles and all kinds of other goodies. If it was someone here and you want to sell me the Breath of Fire II, Bizyland, Street Fighter II Turbo, and boxed Secret of Mana for cheap, blow up my DMs!

Edited: 06/29/2017 at 04:19 PM by nusilver

Jul 2, 2017 at 9:39:24 PM
The Book Crusader (1)
Virginia
I've had to deal with a lot of Skylander related bullshit this past week (mostly from idiots who've greatly overpriced their loose figures), but this one takes the cake:

I think I'll stick to eBay for all my used Skylander needs from now on. The worst thing that's ever happened involving that website was when I got package jacked (which worked out incredibly well for me).

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:17:33 PM
The Book Crusader (1)
Virginia
Part 2:

I messaged the admin of the page I originally contacted the asshole on and told him what happened, while including the above screenshots. I told the admin that the asshole should be blocked and others should be warned so that they don't have to go through what I went through. The admin says he sent the asshole a warning.

The asshole finally contacts me...and acts like he's the victim in all this. He tells me that he's mad that he got a warning by the admin and that I'm pathetic for caring so much about some figures. However, I flat out told him that I could easily get the figures elsewhere; I just can't stand to deal with jackasses, like him, who gives people the runaround...especially considering he was the one who contacted me about buying them, not the other way around. I also told him that the admin agreed with me about him being in the wrong for never responding back to me. The only retaliation the asshole can come up with is to insult me again.

I end our chat by not-so kindly informing him that I'm going to share our story with every buyer beware page in Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky. His response to that was to block me.

I'm going to stay true to my word, too. You mess with the Portal Master who has both a Head Rush and a Nitro Head Rush then you'll get her Traptanium horns.

Edited: 07/02/2017 at 10:19 PM by The Book Crusader

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:39:48 PM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
My worst losers weepers story thus far:
I found an auction with 18 Atari games (mostly commons worth a few bucks each), including 1 uncommon game I really wanted: Tapper (typically sells for 20-30 loose)
The bidding was stalled at 10 dollars... an hour before its about to close, it bumps up to 11.. I decide to bid 38 but am going to wait until its in the final countdown. So I have the window open and am watching it. Its down to 9 minutes... for some dumb reason, I decide to click over to another tab to read the headlines.. next thing you know, I'm reading a news article... When I finish reading, I realize I have lost track of time... In a panic, I click back over to the auction, which has now completed... Sold... for 11 dollars.

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Edited: 07/06/2017 at 04:41 PM by G-Type

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:42:46 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Yeah... that happens sometimes.

Jul 20, 2017 at 9:51:34 PM
Somery (8)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I really hope this guy didn't pay a lot for this.

Edited: 07/20/2017 at 09:51 PM by Somery

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:04:20 AM
Meteor_of_War (21)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Blah, have to post a losers weepers today.

Went to an estate sale this morning that advertised "Nintendo and accessories" but no pics. I get there 15 minutes early and was about the 10th person in. I quickly find the stuff in the basement and start looking it over. They have an NES system with 10 games and an N64 with 15 games, and asking $200 for everything selling together. Quick eye ball estimate puts the total value probably around $350-$400 easy and there's some games in there i don't have.

Sounds fine right? Well here's where it goes south.

I only brought $100 and they only take cash. I start asking if they can split it up at all, they say no. I quickly point out there are two separate systems here and you could easily sell them apart from each other. The woman then goes to talk to the estate sale manager to ask. I stand anxiously by the games hoping no one else comes by willing to buy it all, and yes there is a good amount of people walking around the house. Minute later she comes back and says yes they'll split it up. $60 for the NES lot, $140 for the N64 lot. The N64 lot is clearly the higher value lot but i only have enough for the NES stuff. Just as i start getting the idea to ask if they'll hold it while i run to get more cash THREE other guys all hover over the games seeming very interested. I quickly tell her ok I'll just take the NES stuff.

I feel really defeated for not bringing enough cash. Most estate sales I've been going to lately also take CC so i didn't worry about it. My mistake. Thankfully there weren't any big heavy hitters in either lot. The best games in the N64 lot were Smash bros and the two Zeldas, all of which i have. Would have been great trade bait though. The NES lot had all commons but good games, two of such i needed. Not the best way to start the weekend but them's the breaks.

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:13:52 PM
BigHero1006 (26)
< Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

Blah, have to post a losers weepers today. Went to an estate sale this morning that advertised "Nintendo and accessories" but no pics. I get there 15 minutes early and was about the 10th person in. I quickly find the stuff in the basement and start looking it over. They have an NES system with 10 games and an N64 with 15 games, and asking $200 for everything selling together. Quick eye ball estimate puts the total value probably around $350-$400 easy and there's some games in there i don't have. Sounds fine right? Well here's where it goes south. I only brought $100 and they only take cash. I start asking if they can split it up at all, they say no. I quickly point out there are two separate systems here and you could easily sell them apart from each other. The woman then goes to talk to the estate sale manager to ask. I stand anxiously by the games hoping no one else comes by willing to buy it all, and yes there is a good amount of people walking around the house. Minute later she comes back and says yes they'll split it up. $60 for the NES lot, $140 for the N64 lot. The N64 lot is clearly the higher value lot but i only have enough for the NES stuff. Just as i start getting the idea to ask if they'll hold it while i run to get more cash THREE other guys all hover over the games seeming very interested. I quickly tell her ok I'll just take the NES stuff. I feel really defeated for not bringing enough cash. Most estate sales I've been going to lately also take CC so i didn't worry about it. My mistake. Thankfully there weren't any big heavy hitters in either lot. The best games in the N64 lot were Smash bros and the two Zeldas, all of which i have. Would have been great trade bait though. The NES lot had all commons but good games, two of such i needed. Not the best way to start the weekend but them's the breaks.

Still nice to find games in the wild tho.  :-)

It’s a Nintendo Entertainment System….If I wanted to play Sega I’d call your sister!

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:28:04 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: G-Type

I found an auction with 18 Atari games (mostly commons worth a few bucks each), including 1 uncommon game I really wanted: Tapper (typically sells for 20-30 loose)
The bidding was stalled at 10 dollars... an hour before its about to close, it bumps up to 11.. I decide to bid 38 but am going to wait until its in the final countdown. So I have the window open and am watching it. Its down to 9 minutes... for some dumb reason, I decide to click over to another tab to read the headlines.. next thing you know, I'm reading a news article... When I finish reading, I realize I have lost track of time... In a panic, I click back over to the auction, which has now completed... Sold... for 11 dollars.

dude, use a sniper. i like gixen.com

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:42:08 PM
Meteor_of_War (21)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: BigHero1006

Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

Blah, have to post a losers weepers today. Went to an estate sale this morning that advertised "Nintendo and accessories" but no pics. I get there 15 minutes early and was about the 10th person in. I quickly find the stuff in the basement and start looking it over. They have an NES system with 10 games and an N64 with 15 games, and asking $200 for everything selling together. Quick eye ball estimate puts the total value probably around $350-$400 easy and there's some games in there i don't have. Sounds fine right? Well here's where it goes south. I only brought $100 and they only take cash. I start asking if they can split it up at all, they say no. I quickly point out there are two separate systems here and you could easily sell them apart from each other. The woman then goes to talk to the estate sale manager to ask. I stand anxiously by the games hoping no one else comes by willing to buy it all, and yes there is a good amount of people walking around the house. Minute later she comes back and says yes they'll split it up. $60 for the NES lot, $140 for the N64 lot. The N64 lot is clearly the higher value lot but i only have enough for the NES stuff. Just as i start getting the idea to ask if they'll hold it while i run to get more cash THREE other guys all hover over the games seeming very interested. I quickly tell her ok I'll just take the NES stuff. I feel really defeated for not bringing enough cash. Most estate sales I've been going to lately also take CC so i didn't worry about it. My mistake. Thankfully there weren't any big heavy hitters in either lot. The best games in the N64 lot were Smash bros and the two Zeldas, all of which i have. Would have been great trade bait though. The NES lot had all commons but good games, two of such i needed. Not the best way to start the weekend but them's the breaks.

Still nice to find games in the wild tho.  :-)

Yeah definitely.  At least I didn't go home empty handed so it could have been worse.  And I can't blame it on a scummy reseller or something so all the screw ups today were of my own doing haha.

Also didn't mention I had my two kids with me, 8 year old and 10 month old, so that made everything all the more challenging. 

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:44:29 PM
AppleTractorBeam (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: G-Type

Sorry to hear that, man. I have a suggestion however, that has helped me a lot and would probably help you too...

Set a reminder on your phone that goes off a minute before the auction ends to bid on it, that way you'll be alert and won't get sidetracked. I started doing this after I lost a low-ending auction on Boulder Dash for the NES(I forgot about it and was playing Xbox while it was going on  )

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:34:41 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: empire

http://r.ebay.com/yyHIwR

Wow, assuming those games work, what a haul.

They all work and are authentic. I know the buyer. When he showed me the lot I nearly lost it.

May the force be with you.