Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2018 Midwest Gaming Classic Who is all planning to attend? Let us know!

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:52:30 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
April 13-15 at The Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee

What is it?

The Midwest Gaming Classic is a trade show featuring 100,000+ square feet of retro and modern home video game consoles, pinball machines, arcade video games, computers, table top gaming, crane games, collectible card games and air hockey, and that’s just the start!

The Midwest Gaming Classic is about celebrating gaming, trying new things, learning about the gaming hobby, about meeting others who share the love of gaming, and having fun doing it!

No matter if you have one console and a handful of games or thousands of games in every room of your house, you’ll find something to celebrate with us!

Edited: 01/11/2018 at 06:53 AM by Sign Collector Guy

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:13:50 AM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Honestly, I hope it's not in a large open convention hall style place as I think the current location, with multiple rooms really gives it character.

-------------------------

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:38:24 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
I hope it's somewhere that doesn't have the vendor stuff in an effing circus tent.

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:43:57 AM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I hope it's somewhere that doesn't have the vendor stuff in an effing circus tent.
But then you wouldn't have a reason to wear your raincoat "indoors"

Haves     |     Wants

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:25:49 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

I can agree on that. Although it wasn't so bad because the weather was pretty agreeable. So I could see rain and heat making it crappy.

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:26:21 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: doner24

Honestly, I hope it's not in a large open convention hall style place as I think the current location, with multiple rooms really gives it character.

I liked that too. It winding about at the Sheraton had a really cool feel to it.

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:58:59 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I can agree on that. Although it wasn't so bad because the weather was pretty agreeable. So I could see rain and heat making it crappy.

That time of year it doesn't really matter what kind of weather, you're going to have condensation dripping on your tables from the tent roof if you're near the middle.  

Had the joy of experiencing that shit first hand a couple years ago.

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:31:46 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

That time of year it doesn't really matter what kind of weather, you're going to have condensation dripping on your tables from the tent roof if you're near the middle.  

Had the joy of experiencing that shit first hand a couple years ago.

Note to self. Ask for vendor location away from middle. :-)

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:29:34 PM
IBtiM (11)
(Tim Hartman) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
We are always excited to be a part of Midwest no matter where it ends up.

Always a good time.

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Pre-Order our new NES game Full Quiet now Backerkit! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Sep 19, 2017 at 1:30:52 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio
Woohoo!

Join us for the BIGGEST MGC EVER at the Wisconsin Center - 400 W Wisconsin Ave on April 13, 14 & 15!

Over 120,000 square feet.
Lots of new fun! Tickets and hotel rooms on sale NOW!

Sep 19, 2017 at 1:52:19 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

Woohoo!

Join us for the BIGGEST MGC EVER at the Wisconsin Center - 400 W Wisconsin Ave on April 13, 14 & 15!

Over 120,000 square feet.
Lots of new fun! Tickets and hotel rooms on sale NOW!

Good call my ticket package is already ordered!!!

Sep 19, 2017 at 1:59:52 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
The event location looks spectacular!!!

Sep 19, 2017 at 9:27:59 PM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
It's going to be weird not having Jeff (Slobber) there. :'( Which has me wondering if someone has taken the reigns to get NA a space, whether be a booth, room, etc? Ben (sign collector guy), you playing that role? 
I'm hoping I can make the entire weekend this year because making it up for just 1 day blows... the drive isn't bad, but the best part of going is hanging out with all the NA'ers after hours and the shenanigans that ensue. 

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Edited: 09/19/2017 at 10:24 PM by dewisp02

Sep 19, 2017 at 9:32:52 PM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Booked my hotel room and vendor table request already.

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:55:53 PM
LaC (96)
< Lolo Lord >
Illinois
A'ight I'm going. Can't decide to vend or not to vend. I would need someone to watch my booth if I have to go to the bathroom.

-------
Eprom

WTB
FS/FT

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:47:54 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio
Originally posted by: dewisp02

It's going to be weird not having Jeff (Slobber) there. :'( Which has me wondering if someone has taken the reigns to get NA a space, whether be a booth, room, etc? Ben (sign collector guy), you playing that role? 
Let's put a pin in that for the moment; not sure who else besides Jobber worked with Dan on getting the NA space all set up.

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:03:20 AM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana

Let's put a pin in that for the moment; not sure who else besides Jobber worked with Dan on getting the NA space all set up.
Yeah. That is why I was putting it out there. I'm willing to help if there's anything I can do. 

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:36:05 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Hotel booked at the double tree which has an attached skywalk. Hotel prices are prolly gonna go up quite a bit for the double tree and the hyatt regency. We are coming into Milwaukee on the 11th. The wife gets to have a little mini vacation out of the deal.

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:37:58 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

Absolutely I can help with this. Dan Loosen (MGC Co-founder and organizer) and I have become pretty good friends. I can call him tonight. What do I need to ask about specifically. I am also coming into Milwaukee on the 11th. Hotel is booked. All my show tickets and VIG are also purcahsed.

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:38:53 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: LaC

A'ight I'm going. Can't decide to vend or not to vend. I would need someone to watch my booth if I have to go to the bathroom.

Vend so I can paw your stuff and be that lowballer creepy guy who looks up prices at your table and gets in the way ;-)

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:00:36 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota

Absolutely I can help with this. Dan Loosen (MGC Co-founder and organizer) and I have become pretty good friends. I can call him tonight. What do I need to ask about specifically. I am also coming into Milwaukee on the 11th. Hotel is booked. All my show tickets and VIG are also purcahsed.

Jobber will certainly be missed this year, but setting up and cooridinating the NintendoAge room certainly was not a one man operation.  Although Jobber handled the communication with Dan the last few years, this coming show will be our 7th that we have had a NA room at the show.  Anyone who is attending the show is welcome to help, but I will handle getting the NA space reserved again this year. 

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:38:28 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: B.A.

Jobber will certainly be missed this year, but setting up and cooridinating the NintendoAge room certainly was not a one man operation.  Although Jobber handled the communication with Dan the last few years, this coming show will be our 7th that we have had a NA room at the show.  Anyone who is attending the show is welcome to help, but I will handle getting the NA space reserved again this year. 

Sounds good. Just let me know how I can be of service if needed.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:56:46 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Going to try to make this again. Only about a 10 hour drive, but I had a blast last year!

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:23:29 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio

Hotel booked at the double tree which has an attached skywalk. Hotel prices are prolly gonna go up quite a bit for the double tree and the hyatt regency. We are coming into Milwaukee on the 11th. The wife gets to have a little mini vacation out of the deal.
To anyone that sees this, make sure you're reserving through one of the links on the MGC site to get the MGC room rate.

That'll last until the date mentioned or until they sell out of rooms, whichever comes first.  

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:39:28 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

To anyone that sees this, make sure you're reserving through one of the links on the MGC site to get the MGC room rate.

That'll last until the date mentioned or until they sell out of rooms, whichever comes first.  

Correction. Doubletree does not have the skywalk. The Hilton does. lol. Getting the hotels mixed up. Hurry up April!