Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Resellers and hoarders are ruining our hobby

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:46:23 PM
ShinigamiKiba (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Crack Trooper >
Macedonian
I don't understand a word I'm reading from that insurance link, dude
all I know is the games were sent from Canada and the guy said he never had anything lost using air mail before and then they got lost we didn't do tracking because it was very expensive, should've done it tho

Speaking of bootlegs
These are the type of SNES bootlegs that would often pop up here back in the day, I had a TON of them but gradually replaced them with originals once I learned what they were...that's my final fight 3 which I play all the time on my SNES bootleg or not

^ can't open the thing without breaking the cart it seems tho, dunno why I wanted to place it in a legit US shell and print me a picture but no dice it's stuck in there and I don't want to break anything tbh

For the NES these are the most popular

I have sooo many of those and yes that is indeed Surprise at Dino Peak

My MD/Genesis collection is HUGE, but it's packed away now but here's an old ass pic I found with a very small portion of my collection, many of these are bootlegs, I actually got rid of all those bootleg boxes a couple months back, kept the games tho

I bought that Sonic 3 back in late '93 or early '94 for a ton of money and had no idea it was a bootleg even though I first got the game in a Golden Axe 2 case and was told to come back in a few weeks for its original case and box...little did I know that meant piracy and of course the game wouldn't save but that didn't bother me.
I replaced it with an original not too long ago tho

EDIT: As for whether I'd re-sell Little Samson, I would never give mine away but if I found another one I'd try and exchange it for something I like/need same as I'm tyring to do now with my double of Mega Man X2, but as I said my issue is that they won't even sell games INDIVIDUALLY to me at high prices.

Also the guy I bought Little Samson from knew it was expensive so I bought it for IIRC $32 at the time, it was during the summer. A month or twol ater he brings me over Rodland, of course he has no idea how valuable or rare the game is, I kept my mouth shut and lo and behold I got it for a mere $6...he bought them both for less than a dollar mind you

Edited: 11/29/2015 at 12:49 PM by ShinigamiKiba

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:49:37 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
could i please see which nes (famicom) games you have? thanks,

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:51:10 PM
ShinigamiKiba (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Macedonian
Originally posted by: tracker465

Those are just bootlegs dude
don't have any actual famicom games, it's just famiclone and most of it is 100 in 1 junk or unplayable homebrew crap and rom hacks

I had amazing stuff as a kid but those got lost

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:59:43 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Im ruining the hobby

VideoGameSage.com

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:08:34 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Yes shipping is expensive. We are all dealing with it. Canada has it real bad. So your best bet is to try and order lot's of games in one order so you can save on shipping. Then make sure you don't skimp on the tracking and insurance. Ebay has many sellers that will have just about every game in stock, not every obviously, but a large selection.

It definitely costs a little more but again it's a necessary evil in your situation. A medium sized box with tracking and insurance should be around $50 according to USPS's calculator. You can fit a ton of games in there and if you were buying them separate anyway you would be paying shipping on each one anyway.

As for little samson my point stands, you are complaining how these people bought these games for $1 ( which how do you even know this) and are selling for more money as if it's morally wrong. You just said you would do the exact same thing!!! You said you wouldn't give it away. Which we all know you would sell it for just about market value, who wouldn't. Trading for another game is irrelevant in this situation we are talking about selling it.

Don't complain, persevere. There are ways to get around your issues, they just don't seem good enough for you. 

Maybe it means you can buy less games because you have to spend more, but hey dude, we are all experiencing the same thing. Whining doesn't make it any better

gamevaluenow

Edited: 11/29/2015 at 01:12 PM by xMaGuSx

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:09:08 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: ShinigamiKiba

Originally posted by: tracker465

Those are just bootlegs dude
don't have any actual famicom games, it's just famiclone and most of it is 100 in 1 junk or unplayable homebrew crap and rom hacks

I had amazing stuff as a kid but those got lost

I like / collect that bootleg crap bro

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:09:47 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Edit: Also I disagree with the notion that I shouldn't be bothered how they use these games just because it's "their" games when I know they bought them for less than a dollar a piece and know the kind of people they are. I can pretend to be righteous and right, pretend that I'm cool with whatever somebody chooses to do with their own stuff but that would be one big fat lie and I'm an honest guy.

It bothers me and I like voicing that.
No one said you couldn't be bothered by it, but honestly, there is nothing you can do about it. They bought the games, they're free to sell them to the highest bidder. You can post how much you don't like it, but it won't change anything. It would be easier to just accept it happens and let it go (ask Elsa if you need help with that.) Otherwise, you're just making your own enjoyment of the hobby harder.

We see these posts ALL THE TIME. That's why you're getting a chilly reception. Heck, it would have been better to post in an existing thread than starting a new one.

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:10:44 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

EDIT: As for whether I'd re-sell Little Samson, I would never give mine away but if I found another one I'd try and exchange it for something I like/need same as I'm tyring to do now with my double of Mega Man X2, but as I said my issue is that they won't even sell games INDIVIDUALLY to me at high prices.

Also the guy I bought Little Samson from knew it was expensive so I bought it for IIRC $32 at the time, it was during the summer. A month or twol ater he brings me over Rodland, of course he has no idea how valuable or rare the game is, I kept my mouth shut and lo and behold I got it for a mere $6...he bought them both for less than a dollar mind you
Do you not see the contradiction you have going here..........

Sorry i meant rodland. 

So it's okay to take deals and take advantage of someones lack of knowledge, but god forbid someone else does it ???

gamevaluenow

Edited: 11/29/2015 at 01:23 PM by xMaGuSx

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:17:24 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Earlier this summer I was offering to pay this old guy 2000MKD(which is a lot of money in Macedonia) for Snow Bros for NES, that's around $35-$40 which is big money here...he didn't sell it to me, ended up selling it to some guy from who lives and works in France, another lowlife uneducated reseller who just sells random junk there. He sold the game for less than 10 euros just because the guy bought over 100 games from him, all other games however were trash.

That's a $200+ game...... your offer was extremely low, regardless of what big money is macedonia.

And if that deal netted him more money than your $35 in the long run, it may have been worth it for him. 

AND even if it WASN'T it shouldn't matter to you. I think that is the point YOU are missing.

People are free to do what they want with their stuff. Of course everyone wishes it would go to people who cherish it, like i said before, but it shouldn't bring your piss to a boil what someone else does with their stuff.

We could do this all day, agree to disagree, just don't expect this thread to have many positive responses. 

gamevaluenow

Edited: 11/29/2015 at 01:20 PM by xMaGuSx

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:21:50 PM
ShinigamiKiba (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Macedonian
Originally posted by: magus90

Earlier this summer I was offering to pay this old guy 2000MKD(which is a lot of money in Macedonia) for Snow Bros for NES, that's around $35-$40 which is big money here...he didn't sell it to me, ended up selling it to some guy from who lives and works in France, another lowlife uneducated reseller who just sells random junk there. He sold the game for less than 10 euros just because the guy bought over 100 games from him, all other games however were trash.

That's a $200+ game...... your offer was extremely low, regardless of what big money is macedonia.

No no that's not how things work, don't pin your western values on me, please.
Let me put it this way I offered 1000 denars initially, he said 2000, I agreed to it and was more than willing to pay 2000MKD

You can not ignore the FACT that we have a different economic standard here becaus
1. we can't as far as I know sell on ebay easily
2. we can't get paid through paypal, we can only use it to pay with
3. that person knows nothing about ebay prices, just knows games are valuable, he has no idea what ebay is, to him 2000MKD is a lot and considering the average Macedonian makes 20, 000 a month or less that's a good amount of cash
3. he sold the game for less than 10 euros anyways

EDIT: Also he sold it to a person who knew just as little about games as he did except he didn't have a ban to go abroad unlike him. See my point? See the kind of lowlives I deal with?

It's one thing when you deal with people in the US/UK who have retro stores and such and another when you deal with the lowest of the low and they take your beloved games and export them out of the country to never be seen again here.
It's not the same, trust me.

He would have sold those games with and without that one game in particular, believe me, because that same person bought up a bunch of utter crap from my regular dealer that wasn't worth more than $5 by ebay prices and he bought it all up for 10 euros a pop

EDIT 2: and don't worry I understand it's a common complaint tho I had no idea there were active topics about it atm, so sorry about that.

I don't expect anyone to do anything about it, I'm merely bitching about the situation is all

Because next time, somebody is going to get the Japanese Pocky & Rocky 2 that got lost for me here and considering I've NEVER seen SFC games in Macedonia before bootleg or original it'd be clear it's my lost/stolen copy from the mail and I won't be able to prove it or take it back.

Know how much I got my Wii U for some 2 years back? 200 Euros with 3 fully boxed games
- Mario Galaxy 2
- New Mario U
- Mario 3D World

How is that possible you say? Guy who works at customs sold it to me...except at the time I didn't know he works at customs.

Edited: 11/29/2015 at 01:31 PM by ShinigamiKiba

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:30:52 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Your vintage bootlegs have their own history. Stop throwing out the boxes!

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:32:25 PM
ShinigamiKiba (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Macedonian
Originally posted by: Daria

Your vintage bootlegs have their own history. Stop throwing out the boxes!

uh oh...too late for that buddy
I got rid of them all because I had no room for them

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:34:42 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
EDIT 2: and don't worry I understand it's a common complaint tho I had no idea there were active topics about it atm, so sorry about that.

I don't expect anyone to do anything about it, I'm merely bitching about the situation is all
That's why you should have posted in an existing thread. You have a complaint, but no solution. Therefore, you should always look for existing threads so you're not clogging up the forum with something that's been discussed to death.

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:40:00 PM
N64ADL (12)
(ryan fowler) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
it's been bother me for a few years, ebay since then has never been the same. lets get out the pitchforks like conker!!!!!!!!!!

N64 All the way (except Final fantasy 3 on snes :)

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:40:05 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Let me put it this way I offered 1000 denars initially, he said 2000, I agreed to it and was more than willing to pay 2000MKD

You can not ignore the FACT that we have a different economic standard here becaus
3. that person knows nothing about ebay prices, just knows games are valuable, he has no idea what ebay is, to him 2000MKD is a lot and considering the average Macedonian makes 20, 000 a month or less that's a good amount of cash
4. he sold the game for less than 10 euros anyways

EDIT: 5- Also he sold it to a person who knew just as little about games as he did except he didn't have a ban to go abroad unlike him. See my point? See the kind of lowlives I deal with?

6- It's one thing when you deal with people in the US/UK who have retro stores and such and another when you deal with the lowest of the low and they take your beloved games and export them out of the country to never be seen again here.

7-He would have sold those games with and without that one game in particular, believe me, because that same person bought up a bunch of utter crap from my regular dealer that wasn't worth more than $5 by ebay prices and he bought it all up for 10 euros a pop

1- Don't know enough to comment on this.
2- This is true but has nothing to do with purchasing games in your case, you still have equal access to by on ebay now like everyone else.  
3- Totally irrelevant but you keep hanging onto what people do with their stuff
4- See 3
5- See 3 and 4
6- US stores are terrible, at least in boston. Prices are sometimes double ebay but almost always at least 30% more and most are clearly in it for the money. Sorry but again you are not alone. And you can easily get these games back by ordering through ebay. They are not gone from your country forever. 
7- See 3, 4, and 5

Again we are getting nowhere, i bit into replying to this again but i am done. Proceed as you wish. 

EDIT- There's even sellers here that have TONS of games and i am sure would be happy to help you out with bulk shipping/circumventing paypal. Heck even i would if i had stuff you were interested in. NA is an asset for sure. 

gamevaluenow

Edited: 11/29/2015 at 01:44 PM by xMaGuSx

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:47:01 PM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
I think that whiners and people with an unfounded sense of entitlement ruin the enjoyment of the hobby in terms of how much negativity is spread around on forums such as this. I also feel that people who only want to use the internet to whine about things being unfair because of that unfounded sense of entitlement but who have no solutions in mind ruin my wanting to even give them a chance because they are obviously missing something that prevents them from not acting like infants. And as far as this particular hobby goes, claiming that resellers and hoarders is the problem without actually being able to go any further than merely stating or even considering any other probabilities is what is ruining peoples' opinions of those who act like children. Shit or get off the pot.

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:47:05 PM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Im ruining the hobby
Well fuckin quit!

And change your name to "resellers"

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:48:45 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
So let me get this right? You feel that because your country has a shit economy you feel you should only have to pay $40 for a $200 game in a global marketplace? Hold the show folks. Let's all sell our little samsons to poor African kids for like $5 since that is their relative worth compared to their monthly incomes.

Edited: 11/29/2015 at 01:49 PM by HammerDaddy

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:49:53 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Im ruining the hobby
Well fuckin quit!

And change your name to "resellers"

Regularguyreseller has a nice ring to it lol 

gamevaluenow

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:53:50 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: hammerfestus

So let me get this right? You feel that because your country has a shit economy you feel you should only have to pay $40 for a $200 game in a global marketplace? Hold the show folks. Let's all sell our little samsons to poor African kids for like $5 since that is their relative worth compared to their monthly incomes.
Thank you. I wanted to touch on this but i figured it would just go over his head. 

gamevaluenow

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:59:48 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
They way I see it some folk's want to have games and will spend money to get them. Other folk's want money and will sell games to get it.

Not much you can do! I suppose you could boycott the system and stop buying games.

Playas Guide Logo

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:02:15 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

lol wut

www.videogamesage.com...

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:04:47 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

lol wut

I didn't even know how to respond to that lol how my western values affect a global market is beyond me but whatever........

gamevaluenow

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:05:44 PM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio

3. he sold the game for less than 10 euros anyways

EDIT: Also he sold it to a person who knew just as little about games as he did except he didn't have a ban to go abroad unlike him. See my point? See the kind of lowlives I deal with?

It's one thing when you deal with people in the US/UK who have retro stores and such and another when you deal with the lowest of the low and they take your beloved games and export them out of the country to never be seen again here.

He would have sold those games with and without that one game in particular, believe me, because that same person bought up a bunch of utter crap from my regular dealer that wasn't worth more than $5 by ebay prices and he bought it all up for 10 euros a pop

Because next time, somebody is going to get the Japanese Pocky & Rocky 2 that got lost for me here and considering I've NEVER seen SFC games in Macedonia before bootleg or original it'd be clear it's my lost/stolen copy from the mail and I won't be able to prove it or take it back.

Know how much I got my Wii U for some 2 years back? 200 Euros with 3 fully boxed games
- Mario Galaxy 2
- New Mario U
- Mario 3D World

How is that possible you say? Guy who works at customs sold it to me...except at the time I didn't know he works at customs.
Think about it.  They're low lifes because the seller found a buyer willing to pay more money.
 And they should be held to diffrent standards cause you both live in a place ebay doesn't ship to.

If you would study business, and mostly risk management, there's a line of thought where every miss opertunity is a loss. Sure, you didn't lose any actual money, but you just lost money you could have had; money the opportunity "gave" you, but you failed to collect in time. That's what's going on here, the seller seems to have foudn someone willing to pay more than your amount.  So to sell it to you would be a loss; so what did you offer him to make selling to you the correct choice?  Is it because you're a collector\gamer he should in a sense be giving you money? 

Also, I hate to say it, but your story is a bit far fetched.  If the numbers you're giving are true, and the snow bros you're talking about is an US NTSC version or PAL that's worth money, then they were both idiots. You're saying this french man sold snow bros for 10 euros.  How did you get this info?  And why did he sell if for a fraction of it's worth?

And you say they're ruining the hobby.  How long have you been collecting, and how was it like before resellers?  How did you get your games if not from resellers, were you buying them new?

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:12:55 PM
ShinigamiKiba (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Macedonian
Originally posted by: hammerfestus

No, I don't feel I should be paying $50 for a $200 game on the GLOBAL Marketplace, for example ebay.
I feel I should be paying the equivalent of that $200 on the local marketplace which is 2000MKD give or take. That's fine for very expensive games.

My problem is that these people hoard the games and refuse to sell them individually even though nobody else pays as much as I do let alone more.
So what they do is sell them to equally shitty people who happen to live/work abroad for much much less just to keep busness relations with them. Those people however would still buy up the entire lot whether or not the one game I wanted is in it or not, that's the thing.

magus90: I wasn't trying to argue with you dude, just explaining the situation. Once again I am sorry I didn't know you guys had an active topic about this going, these forums are strange to me as I normally post on forums where it's not mandatory to search before posting, so I apologize for that.

tracker465: here are some of my more noteworthy ones, the rest are multi game junk and I'm too lazy to take them all out now but when I do someday I will be sure to post them/pm you with pics if you want, buddy.

imgur completely broke for me and won't let me upload anything so I hope this site works:

That Aladdin is technically not a bootleg if you think about it, it's that awesome port of the SNES Aladdain
this one