Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Anyone playing Lightseekers on Switch? New card game on eshop with real cards!

Feb 01 at 8:17:48 AM
noiseredux (26)
(brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Anyone else check out Lightseekers yet? I've been playing it for a week or so now and really enjoying it. It's a CCCG, but one of the things that's interesting about it is that it's based on an existing tabletop card game and if you have any of those cards, you can actually scan them into your digitial collection. I've not done so myself, as I've never played the game before, but it's interesting to have the option. At any rate, it's a quality card game and free to play so consider this a suggestion to check it out.

Feb 01 at 9:19:13 AM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Is this like Eye of Judgement where people just print out all the most powerful cards and scan them in to steamroll opponents? It's a good concept to push physical card sales, but I prefer one or the other.

Feb 01 at 9:49:17 AM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: aguy

Is this like Eye of Judgement where people just print out all the most powerful cards and scan them in to steamroll opponents? It's a good concept to push physical card sales, but I prefer one or the other.
To the best of my knowledge, each physical card can only be scanned once. There is a specific code built in to the border of the card. Once redeemed you can’t scan it again. 

-------------------------

Feb 01 at 11:06:35 AM
noiseredux (26)
(brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
I don't honestly know how the card scanning works. And I'm not super hardcore about card games. I have a good time with them, but I'm not good enough to have delusions about playing at a high level. So I'm generally matched against folks who are at my level and probably don't have super decks filled with just top tier goodies.

That said, the unlocks for loot come pretty easy from just playing. I've got well over 100 cards now from just a week of playing some rounds before bed. It doesn't feel like you NEED to spend money - at least if you're fairly casual about it.

Edited: 02/01/2019 at 11:06 AM by noiseredux

Feb 02 at 1:19:05 AM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
I may give it a try. I liked MTG back in the 90's, but never had many people to play with.